Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,821 members, 7,824,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:46 AM

Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair (7320 Views)

BreakingNews:Oyo, Osun Pay N500m To End Lautech Crisis / Ajimobi, Aregbesola Appeal For Calm Over Re-opening Of LAUTECH / LAUTECH crisis: Why Aregbesola, Ajimobi "can't have the cake and eat it" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by bannar02: 9:48am On Aug 06, 2017
meaning
Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by owolabi3699(m): 9:53am On Aug 06, 2017
God where i's the future sigh
Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by buffalowings: 10:32am On Aug 06, 2017
Rogue governors
Rogue apc
Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by SoldierBoy1(m): 10:44am On Aug 06, 2017
Meel:

pls what was the cause of the recently concluded 9month strike??

if my sources are right, before the last strike the lecturers aren't owned a dime(not so sure).

There has been too many propaganda, we don't even know the truth of the matter. In other to solve these issue, our workers need to make sacrifices. if they continue to be strife with the government, we as student might lose out in the short run, but they might lose out in the long run.

With the way these crises is lingering on, there is no sign of resumption these year. And if we don't resume this year, it will make it 15 month of owed salary. I repeat no government will pay it staff 15 month of salary. Our only hope is the new government, 2018/2019 govt.

If ASUU really love us and themselves, they should resume and our token of Igr should be use to finance the school, till time of possible solution.

Aregbe is owing osun doc 22 month, Ajimobi is owing state workers 4 month, and heaven did not fall. If the lecturers think, being on strike will solve the issue, they are on a long thing. Aregbe and Ajimobi don't care.

N.b My mum works for Oyo state govt, I knows how it feel.
Guy the thing is asking the workers to sacrifice 10months salary would be nothing close to fair, a lot have taken loans that only God knows how they would pay back.... It's not like there is no money but these governors are just been adamant.... No one wants to work without a pay... Even if LAUTECH resume today and salaries remain unpaid how do you think the lecturers would survive with no salaries till 2019!!!..mind you the non payment started bit by bit till the governors made it a norm. Guy I have guys that had to drop out of private universities because of this issue. God bless.
Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by OBAGADAFFI: 11:16am On Aug 06, 2017
What has been the role of LAUTECH Chancellor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, in this crisis?

shocked
Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by Bimpe29: 11:44am On Aug 06, 2017
They are being lackadaisically insincere and efficiently biased with the LAUTECH's saga.
Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by OlaRolls(m): 12:31pm On Aug 06, 2017
I refuse to be subjected to unemployment and single way income Channel.
I make a living via networking.
Its no longer a news that Massive Global Food Network is zealously promoting the mechanism of making life better for everyone. One time payment of #5600 makes you a beneficiary of weekly food stuffs, and incentives like cash bonus deep freezer, motorcycle, executive car, etc.
Chat Olarolls up on Whatsapp @: 0803727 2006

Pls Note: NOT A PRODUCT MARKETING SCHEME
See you at the top.
Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by Ceejaystylezzz: 12:44pm On Aug 06, 2017
swiz123:
Kukuma close that school abeg....
I dont know you, but you are the biggest fools

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by Desyner: 12:44pm On Aug 06, 2017
SoldierBoy1:
Guy the thing is the workers need an assurance that they won't be made to resume for auditing and not get paid again, because these governors have once made them resume with a promise that salaries would be paid just for the workers to discover it was all deceit.... For we here at Oyo and Osun States, we know how terrible these governors can be and we are not ready to gamble auditing without pay again. My own parents have not been paid for 10 months and the first thing you want them to do is to resume for auditing without an assurance of payment?...
What they need is assurance to be paid fully if the audit is clean enough. They are asking for the pay. Re-read the article.
Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by Desyner: 12:49pm On Aug 06, 2017
prof1990:

Simple sense you haven't made with these your write up and it shows you don't have any knowledge as regards the LAUTECH but I'll enlighten you.
1. The lecturers ante not against the audit. Let them get some form of payment and school activities resume that way it's a win win for the students,the lecturers and government

2. Lautech courses are for 5yrs not 4 and if we count the incessant strikes we've used 7yrs for a 5yr course.

3. I can't judge the private university curriculum because I've not been in any but I'll tell you something the state schools have basically the worst curriculum you can ever come across. Most of the teaching methods are outdated.
The only point I'll agree with you on is the fact that the LAUTECH system is a joke and last point Tinubu is a f**cking devil. He's the chancellor of the school he hasn't done anything to help over 40,000 student. infact all Nigerian politicians are f*cked up
You mean Food & Nutrition or Computer Science is 5 years?
Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by Desyner: 12:52pm On Aug 06, 2017
Sammiejokes:

your daftness is grade A. Please did you not read the recommendations laid out for the audit to commence. When a university or company is on shut down, please auditors in the house can you audit such. Aregbe and Ajimobi have frozen your brain olorun.
That bold statement is your reason for blind bias against me. Grow up and see things from a fair angle.
Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by Malikko(m): 12:52pm On Aug 06, 2017
Abeg, I only have one question...
This 10 months salary they are talking about, is it 10 months of work done or 10 months in which they shut d school down without doing anything?

1 Like

Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by Desyner: 12:56pm On Aug 06, 2017
Alexis11:

Oga which one do you prefer?

To study a course for four years or spread the credit load of the same course over the period of six years

Make up your mind already.
I prefer the later if imposed on me by forces beyond me. That way as a Computer Science I can take proffesional training in between my study.
Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by mkfemi: 1:00pm On Aug 06, 2017
no body is sincere about the whole situation
Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 06, 2017
Desyner:

You mean Food & Nutrition or Computer Science is 5 years?

Even fine and applied arts will take you 5yrs minus the strike
Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by Desyner: 1:10pm On Aug 06, 2017
prof1990:

Even fine and applied arts will take you 5yrs minus the strike
I am not talking about the strikes. I mean the schedule.
Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by SoldierBoy1(m): 1:13pm On Aug 06, 2017
Desyner:
What they need is assurance to be paid fully if the audit is clean enough. They are asking for the pay. Re-read the article.
I went through the article, the truth is the workers have been pushed to the wall. the guys in the auditing committee recommended that the owner States pay an offset of 1.7billion to enable workers resume so that the audit can be carried out hoping that the remaining balance would be paid soonest after the auditing but these governors are not giving them the assurance of even paying the offset instead they come out with a propaganda intended at turning the public against the unions. The truth is even if the offset of 1.7billion gets paid, the balance must be paid soonest to avoid recurring strikes. It's the right of the workers to demand for an assurance of full payment and I don't think that's a bad thing to do and more so, it's very ok they agreed with the 1.7billion offset so the governors are the ones putting things on hold now by not paying that.
Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by Nobody: 1:26pm On Aug 06, 2017
Desyner:
I am not talking about the strikes. I mean the schedule.

Yes all courses use a minimum of 5yrs with the exception of medicine
Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by Desyner: 1:37pm On Aug 06, 2017
prof1990:

Yes all courses use a minimum of 5yrs with the exception of medicine
I don't think so.
Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by Meel: 1:59pm On Aug 06, 2017
SoldierBoy1:
Guy the thing is asking the workers to sacrifice 10months salary would be nothing close to fair, a lot have taken loans that only God knows how they would pay back.... It's not like there is no money but these governors are just been adamant.... No one wants to work without a pay... Even if LAUTECH resume today and salaries remain unpaid how do you think the lecturers would survive with no salaries till 2019!!!..mind you the non payment started bit by bit till the governors made it a norm. Guy I have guys that had to drop out of private universities because of this issue. God bless.
Bro am not saying, they should sacrifice, 10 month salary.
The sacrifice am saying is that they should meet with management, and be running the school with the little IGR, with that the number of owed salaries will reduce.
Am not sure of these, but the 10 month being owed is the 10 month of strike, not that they are working and not being paid.

We are on our own, ASUU and student. We have a bleeped up govt, unless we try and better the ground for our self, we will always be losing out.
The government always win, if they even lose the governors have nothing to lose. Aregbe and ajimobi can turn a blind eye to our predicament, they have nothing to lose, but students and lecturers have everything to lose.
Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by Meel: 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2017
Malikko:
Abeg, I only have one question...
This 10 months salary they are talking about, is it 10 months of work done or 10 months in which they shut d school down without doing anything?
Thank you bro,

These is a good question, I don't think any Nigeria government will pay for work not done willingly at these time.
These is Y ASUU needs to sacrifice.

N.b am not supporting the governors acion.
Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by SoldierBoy1(m): 2:32pm On Aug 06, 2017
Meel:
Bro am not saying, they should sacrifice, 10 month salary.
The sacrifice am saying is that they should meet with management, and be running the school with the little IGR, with that the number of owed salaries will reduce.
Am not sure of these, but the 10 month being owed is the 10 month of strike, not that they are working and not being paid.

We are on our own, ASUU and student. We have a bleeped up govt, unless we try and better the ground for our self, we will always be losing out.
The government always win, if they even lose the governors have nothing to lose. Aregbe and ajimobi can turn a blind eye to our predicament, they have nothing to lose, but students and lecturers have everything to lose.

I get u so well but u know the VC was the one that sold out the school to these governors in the first place by telling them LAUTECH generates enough IGR but in the long run it backfired as the IGR could no longer sustain the operations of the school. So right now even if the school generates IGR to pay probably a month salary, the question is how this would be sustained in the long run because this same thing happened in the first place.
Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 06, 2017
Desyner:
I don't think so.

I school there sir
Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by yemzyray01(m): 3:45pm On Aug 06, 2017
All courses of any university of technology in nigeria is minimum of 5yrs course aside medicine....I graduated from lautech, computer science dept
Desyner:
I don't think so.
Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by mytym(m): 1:35pm On Aug 07, 2017
Desyner:
The union are not being sincere here. Why force the govt to release fund when a proper audit has not been carried out? That's like saying the independent panel carried out their own audit.
They should allow the KPMG audit go on.
Another angle to this is the fact that student in this institution are now being afforded 6 years to study a four year program. That isn't fair to private uni student who take more workload in their own four years. The public uni system is a joke.

LAUTECH is a tech school. Everyone has 5 years, except MBBS students. The reason for the extended 1 year is because of density of coursework. Even the "4-year courses" are densely packed.

I could remember the semester with the least number of coursework in my department is Year 3 Harmattan, where 9courses are mandatory. It was usual to have 11,12,10...Ironically that year 3 was the toughest really, you will be driven to the end of your wits.

If you presume those courses are simple courses with light workload, you might as well do an extensive research from any Undergrad studying Electrical Engineering.
Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by mytym(m): 1:37pm On Aug 07, 2017
yemzyray01:
All courses of any university of technology in nigeria is minimum of 5yrs course aside medicine....I graduated from lautech, computer science dept

Please educate him that even the Computer Science is in Faculty of Engineering and Technology.
Re: Ajimobi, Aregbesola Not Sincere About LAUTECH Crisis — ASUU Chair by Desyner: 1:23am On Aug 08, 2017
mytym:

LAUTECH is a tech school. Everyone has 5 years, except MBBS students. The reason for the extended 1 year is because of density of coursework. Even the "4-year courses" are densely packed.

I could remember the semester with the least number of coursework in my department is Year 3 Harmattan, where 9courses are mandatory. It was usual to have 11,12,10...Ironically that year 3 was the toughest really, you will be driven to the end of your wits.

If you presume those courses are simple courses with light workload, you might as well do an extensive research from any Undergrad studying Electrical Engineering.

Engineering is diff from other courses.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please I Need Information About Unizik Pre-degree Form; Is It Avaliable? / Study In Sweden Free / English Words The Igbos Speak That Cannot Be Found In The Dictionary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.