Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,536 members, 7,812,667 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Questions That Islam Keeps Dodging From - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Questions That Islam Keeps Dodging From (711 Views)

Nairaland Muslims Confess That Islam Is Dying And Christianity Is Gaining / January 27th Keeps Ringing Bells In My Head – Prophet Emmanuel Omale / When A Christian Person Claims That Islam Spread By Sword.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions That Islam Keeps Dodging From by juligon: 8:30am On Aug 06, 2017
I will be hitting on points no delay...
if Christ is the Messiah as it is in quaran ,
who is A messiah?
And what is he coming to save you from ?
you say you believe him ? but u don't belive he his the saviour? ..
would Allah be so careless to call a mere prophet( Jesus) A saviour?
in the quaran it is stated Jesus is the Word of God and the spirit from God ...you can say a man can say things different from his words ...but can Gods word be different from him? seeing that he doesn't lie? can Gods spirit be different ?seeing that he himself is A spirit .
And if Allah called a prophet a messiah and he said you should hear him and believe him...why is Jesus less honoured in Islam but Mohammad is more honoured..

if Allah mandated someone to be a messiah that is the person must have a lot of things to say ...but check your Quran there's no complete 3 verses of Jesus teachings ...the only thing in your Quran was a few verse of Jesus asking you to fear Allah and obey him but how can you obey what you don't know? the messiah doesn't have a slot of even a chapter from the quaran and Islam doesnt see anything bad ..

Islam would say Jesus is not the Son of God that he said he was a servant of God..yes, words cannot speak itself someone.has to speak it..so Jesus called himself a servant because he as the word cannot do anything by himself ..but don't you know the words of a king is Golden ..the king is not more powerful than his words and his words can speak it self... and in the Quran Allah created the world with his Word(Jesus)....

pls this is not for argument ...I didn't insult anyone so pls spare me the insults and look at it spiritually ..some set of People are hiding the set man which is Jesus Christ !..08104221989...u can add me on watsap if you want to talk..not arguement pls..
what's happening here ? I can quote anyone neither can I reply them??
Re: Questions That Islam Keeps Dodging From by eezeribe(m): 8:33am On Aug 06, 2017
OK
Re: Questions That Islam Keeps Dodging From by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 06, 2017
juligon:
who is A messiah?
in the quaran it is stated Jesus is the Word of God and the spirit from God ...you can say a man can say things different from his words ...but can Gods word be different from him? seeing that he doesn't lie? can Gods spirit be different ?seeing that he himself is A spirit .
And if Allah called a prophet a messiah and he said you should hear him and believe him...why is Jesus less honoured in Islam but Mohammad is more honoured..

if Allah mandated someone to be a messiah that is the person must have a lot of things to say ...but check your Quran there's no complete 3 verses of Jesus teachings ...the only thing in your Quran was a few verse of Jesus asking you to fear Allah and obey him but how can you obey what you don't know? the messiah doesn't have a slot of even a chapter from the quaran and Islam doesnt see anything bad ..

Islam would say Jesus is not the Son of God that he said he was a servant of God..yes, words cannot speak itself someone.has to speak it..so Jesus called himself a servant because he as the word cannot do anything by himself ..but don't you know the words of a king is Golden ..the king is not more powerful than his words and his words can speak it self... and in the Quran Allah created the world with his Word(Jesus)....

pls this is not for argument ...I didn't insult anyone so pls spare me the insults and look at it spiritually ..some set of People are hiding the set man which is Jesus Christ !
your name is Confusion... and that is how churches are governed.
Re: Questions That Islam Keeps Dodging From by CAPSLOCKED: 8:59am On Aug 06, 2017

ISLAM AND CHRISTIANiTY BE LIKE COPIED ASSIGNMENTS.

TWO COPIED WORKS BY TWO DUMMIES FROM ORIGINAL, ANCIENT SCRIPTS, WHO REMIXED AND MESSED EVERYTHING UP.
THAT'S WHY WE'RE HERE TODAY, KILLING OVER WHICH ON OF THE TWO IS RIGHT AND WRONG.

1 Like

Re: Questions That Islam Keeps Dodging From by Ajewealth123(m): 9:01am On Aug 06, 2017
My broda, this truth is killing them but believe me, they will crucify you today but I stand with you to defend you

1 Like

Re: Questions That Islam Keeps Dodging From by Nobody: 9:49am On Aug 06, 2017
Your failure started by assuming "Messiah" means the one that saves.....

3 Likes

Re: Questions That Islam Keeps Dodging From by SokoDobo: 12:49pm On Aug 06, 2017
hmm
Re: Questions That Islam Keeps Dodging From by iamgenius(m): 4:21pm On Aug 06, 2017
AbdelKabir:
Your failure started by assuming "Messiah" means the one that saves.....
That's what they being told in church. Christianity Na Mumu Religion. LOL
Re: Questions That Islam Keeps Dodging From by Rashduct4luv(m): 4:38pm On Aug 06, 2017
Messiah means a leader. Moses was also a Messiah for his people.

Word of God.

Being the word of God attaches no speciality!

Adam was also the word of God.

Eve also.

Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 59:

Verily, the likeness of 'Iesa (Jesus) before Allah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust, then (He) said to him: "Be!" - and he was.

1 Like

Re: Questions That Islam Keeps Dodging From by Harkyn92(m): 6:18am On Aug 07, 2017
their is no confussion in your question, Islam doesn't juxtapose at all.
talking about messiah, it means a miraculous man that performs miracle. but that doesn't make him God like you always claim, because he's still sent by someone(God) whose without his permission, no miracle can be performed. and it is this same God that sent other prophets to other people at different time to different people except prophet muhammed that is the last prophet sent to the whole world. mind you the miracle of Jesus doesn't make him God because there are other prophets with different miracles, and even men of God are performing miracle these days and also many prophet of God performs their own miracles too. and if it is on the basis of the fact that he's fatherless, what about Adam without father and mother.
I think I should stop here for now and wait for more questions from you.
Re: Questions That Islam Keeps Dodging From by iamgenius(m): 6:29am On Aug 07, 2017
Harkyn92:
their is no concussion in your question, Islam doesn't juxtapose at all.
talking about messiah, it means a miraculous man that performs miracle. but that doesn't make him God like you always claim, because he's still sent by someone(God) whose without his permission, no miracle can be performed. and it is this same God that sent other prophets to other people at different time to different people except prophet muhammed that is the last prophet sent to the whole world. mind you the miracle of Jesus doesn't make him God because there are other prophets with different miracles, and even men of God are performing miracle these days and also many prophet of God performs their own miracles too. and if it is on the basis of the fact that he's fatherless, what about Adam without father and mother.
Harkyn92:
Harkyn92:
That's Good.

1 Like

Re: Questions That Islam Keeps Dodging From by olasesi(m): 1:35am On Aug 08, 2017
juligon:
who is A messiah?

The concepts of the Messiah, Messianism, and the Messianic Age grew from Isaiah's writings (4:2 and chapter 11) during the latter half of the 8th century BCE.[1][2][3]

The term comes from the Hebrew verb meaning "to apply oil to," to anoint. In the Hebrew Bible, Israel's kings were sometimes called God's "messiah"—God's anointed one.[4]

A messiah could also be an anointed high priest or prophet. Messiahs did not even need to descend from Jacob, as the Hebrew Bible refers to Cyrus the Great, king of Persia, as a messiah[5]

In Judaism, the Jewish Messiah (המשיח‎, HaMashiach, "the anointed one"wink,[6]

often referred to as "King Messiah" (מלך המשיח‎, Melekh HaMashiach),[7]

is expected to descend from King David and accomplish the unification of the twelve tribes[8]

into a re-established nation. The Jerusalem Temple's rebuilding will usher in a Messianic Age[9]

of global peace.[10][11]

In Christianity, the Messiah is called the Christ, from Ancient Greek: χριστός, translating the Hebrew word of the same meaning.[12]

The concept of the Messiah in Christianity originated from the Messiah in Judaism. However, unlike the concept of the Messiah in Judaism and Islam, the Messiah in Christianity is the Son of God. Christ became the accepted Christian designation and title of Jesus of Nazareth,[13]

References

[1] Ginsberg, HL, "Encyclopedia Judaica: Messiah," *Jewish Virtual Library*(2008; The Gale Group). Accessed at https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/messiah on 2/13/17.

[2] Potok, C (ed), "P'shat Commentary," *Etz Hayim* (2001; The Rabbinical Assembly), 838 & Kushner, H (ed), "grin'rash Commentary," 45.

[3] "Book of Isaiah," *Wikipedia* (2/9/17), Composition-Historical context.

[4] Wright, Robert (June 2009). The Evolution of God (1st ed.). New York, NY: Little, Brown, and Company. p. 247. ISBN 978-0-316-73491-2.

[5] Jewish Encyclopedia: Cyrus: Cyrus and the Jews: "This prophet, Cyrus, through whom were to be redeemed His chosen people, whom he would glorify before all the world, was the promised Messiah, 'the shepherd of Yhwh' (xliv. 28, xlv. 1)."

[6] Telushkin, Joseph. "The Messiah". The Jewish Virtual Library Jewish Literacy. NY: William Morrow and Co., 1991. Reprinted by permission of the author. Retrieved 2 December 2012.

[7] Flusser, David. "Second Temple Period". Messiah. Encyclopaedia Judaica 2008 The Gale Group. Retrieved 2 December 2012.

[8] Megillah 17b–18a, Taanit 8b

[9] Sotah 9a

[10] Schochet, Rabbi Prof. Dr. Jacob Immanuel. "Moshiach ben Yossef". Tutorial. moshiach.com. Retrieved 2 December 2012.

[11] Blidstein, Prof. Dr. Gerald J. "Messiah in Rabbinic Thought". MESSIAH. Jewish Virtual Library and Encyclopaedia Judaica 2008 The Gale Group. Retrieved 2 December 2012.

[12] Etymology Online

[13] Jesus of Nazareth, the central figure of Christianity, born c. 4 BC.

1 Like

Re: Questions That Islam Keeps Dodging From by olasesi(m): 3:28am On Aug 08, 2017
juligon:

Jesus is believed to be a prophet who neither married nor had any children and is reflected as a significant figure, being found in the Quran in 93 ayaat (Arabic for verses) with various titles attached such as "Son of Mary" and other relational terms, mentioned directly and indirectly, over 187 times.[2][4][5][6][6][7]

Jesus is the most mentioned person in the Quran; 25 times by the name Isa, 3rd-person 48 times, 1st-person 35 times, the rest as titles and attributes.[note 1][note 2][8][note 3][9]

The Quran (central religious text of Islam) and most Hadith (testimonial reports) mention Jesus to have been born a "pure boy" (without sin) to Mary (Arabic: مريم‎, translit. Maryām‎) as the result of virginal conception, similar to the event of the Annunciation in Christianity.[2][10][11]

In Islamic theology, Jesus is believed to have performed many miracles, several being mentioned in the Quran such as speaking as an infant, healing various ailments like blindness, raising the dead to life, making birds out of clay and breathing life into them.[12]

A hadith narrated by Abu Hurairah, one of the earliest companions of Muhammad, quotes Muhammad:

"Hardly a single descendant of Adam is born without Satan touching him at the moment of his birth. A baby who is touched like that gives a cry. The only exceptions are Mary and her son" [cf. Q 3: 36].[24]

The angel declares the son is to be named Jesus, the Messiah, proclaiming he will be called a great prophet, being the Spirit of God and Word of God, who will receive al-Injīl (Arabic for the Gospel). The angel tells Mary that Jesus will speak in infancy and, when mature, will be a companion to the most righteous. Mary, responding how she could conceive and have a child when no man had touched her, was told by the angel that God can decree what He wills, and it shall come to pass.[25]

Mary, overcome by the pains of childbirth, is provided a stream of water under her feet from which she could drink and a palm tree which she could shake so ripe dates would fall and be enjoyed. As Mary carried baby Jesus back to the temple, she was asked by the temple elders about the child. Having been commanded by Gabriel to a vow of silence, she points to the infant Jesus and the infant proclaims:[27]

He said, "Lo, I am God's servant; God has given me the Book, and made me a Prophet. Blessed He has made me, wherever I may be; and He has enjoined me to pray, and to give the alms, so long as I live, and likewise to cherish my mother; He has not made me arrogant, unprosperous. Peace be upon me, the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I am raised up alive!"[28]

Jesus speaking from the cradle is mentioned as one of six miracles in the Quran.[29]

Many moral stories and miraculous events of Jesus' youth are mentioned in Qisas al-anbiya (Stories of the Prophets), books composed over the centuries about pre-Islamic prophets and heroes.[32]

Most Islamic tradition conveys Jesus and his teaching conformed to the prophetic model: a human, as with previous prophets, sent by God to a certain people at a certain time, to present both a judgement upon humanity for worshipping idols and a challenge to turn to the one true God. Tradition believes Jesus' mission was to the people of Israel, his status as a prophet confirmed by numerous miracles.[36]

References are available if you need them

...qur'an

002:136
Say: We believe in God and that which had been revealed to us, and that which was revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and that which was given to Moses and Jesus, and that which was given to the prophets from their Lord, we do not make any distinction (Arabic: Nufarriqu) between any of them, and to Him do we submit.

002:285
The messenger believes in what has been revealed to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers; they all believe in God and His angels and His books and His messengers; We make no difference (Arabic: Nufarriqu) between any of His messengers; and they say: We hear and obey, our Lord! Thy forgiveness (do we crave), and to Thee is the eventual course.

003:084
Say: "We believe in God, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the prophets, from their Lord: We make no distinction (Arabic: Nufarriqu) between one and another among them, and to God do we bow our will (in Islam)."

004:152
And those who believe in God and His messengers and do not make a distinction (Arabic: yufarriqu) between any of them - God will grant them their rewards; and God is Forgiving, Merciful.

017:055
And it is your Lord that knows best all beings that are in the heavens and on earth: We did bestow on some prophets more (and other) gifts than on others: and We gave to David (the gift of) the psalms

037:181
And Peace on the messengers!

038:045-048
And commemorate Our Servants Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, possessors of Power and Vision. Surely We purified them for a pure quality; the keeping in mind of the (final) abode. And most surely they were with Us, of the elect, the best. And remember Ismail and Al-Yasha and Zulkifl; and they were all of the best.

007:144
He said: O Moses! I have preferred you above mankind by My messages and by My speaking (to you). So hold that which I have given you, and be among the thankful.

002:253
“We have made some of these messengers to excel the others among them are they to whom God spoke, and some of them He exalted by rank / degrees (Arabic: Darajatin); and We gave clear miracles to Jesus son of Mary, and strengthened him with the Holy spirit. And if God had pleased, those after them would not have fought one with another after clear arguments had come to them, but they disagreed; so there were some of them who believed and others who denied; and if God had pleased they would not have fought one with another, but God brings about what He intends”

1 Like

Re: Questions That Islam Keeps Dodging From by Kokaine(m): 6:13am On Aug 10, 2017
juligon:
who is A messiah?

pls this is not for argument ...I didn't insult anyone so pls spare me the insults and look at it spiritually ..some set of People are hiding the set man which is Jesus Christ !..08104221989...u can add me on watsap if you want to talk..not arguement pls..
what's happening here ? I can quote anyone neither can I reply them??
Its difficult to understand you. partly because of the level of your intellect, and largely because even you dont understand your self. i understand how urgently you need to raise some dust. but i advice that you sit down, drink cold water, rest your back on a flat surface, clean the sweat from your head, if possible, enter a room or car with Ac, and then type your question again, lets see how it will come out this time around. but im positive it will work.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Happy New Year! / Saudi-wahhabi Propaganda On The Walls Of The Ka'bah / Right Of Brothers (haqul Akhi) In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.