Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,196 members, 7,849,707 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:25 AM

Parents Would You Obey This Instruction From God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Parents Would You Obey This Instruction From God? (585 Views)

Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order / Have An Instruction From God For You / Do You Think God Can Restore You If You Obey Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents Would You Obey This Instruction From God? by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 06, 2017
“A father and a mother may have a stubborn and
rebellious son
who refuses to obey them even after he
has been punished. If a son is like that, his parents
must drag him to the town gate, where the leaders of
the town hold their meetings. The parents will tell
the leaders, “This son of ours is stubborn and never
obeys. He spends all his time drinking and partying.”
The men of the town will stone that son to death,
because they must get rid of the evil he brought into
the community. Everyone in Israel will be afraid when
they hear how he was punished.”

- Deuteronomy 21:18-21

If you were living in “old testament” times, would you take that stubborn son of yours and have him stoned to death for being disobedient?
Re: Parents Would You Obey This Instruction From God? by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 06, 2017
Seun, Lalasticlala
Re: Parents Would You Obey This Instruction From God? by thesicilian: 9:56am On Aug 06, 2017
Does this place look like Israel?

1 Like

Re: Parents Would You Obey This Instruction From God? by ekensi01: 9:59am On Aug 06, 2017
Old Tastement,

Thesame Bible said by Jesus: If you have not sin stone the boy. Op Go and sin no more

1 Like

Re: Parents Would You Obey This Instruction From God? by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 06, 2017
thesicilian:

ekensi01:
Old Tastement,

Thesame Bible said by Jesus: If you have not sin stone the boy. Op Go and sin no more

I believe you guys saw where I said:

If you were living in “old testament” times, would you take
that stubborn son of yours and have him stoned to death
for being disobedient?

Or no be God talk am again?
Re: Parents Would You Obey This Instruction From God? by eitsei(m): 12:19pm On Aug 06, 2017
thesicilian:
are you saying the Bible is written for only isrealites?
Re: Parents Would You Obey This Instruction From God? by thesicilian: 12:46pm On Aug 06, 2017
eitsei:
No. But there are many of such laws that were made for the Israelites simply because they were a rebellious lot.
Re: Parents Would You Obey This Instruction From God? by eitsei(m): 12:58pm On Aug 06, 2017
thesicilian:

No. But there are many of such laws that were made for the Israelites simply because they were a rebellious lot.
if it's like that then most verses in the Bible is referring to the isrealites and it's their situation we are using to judge ours today
Re: Parents Would You Obey This Instruction From God? by ekensi01: 2:28pm On Aug 06, 2017
Reiyvinn:

I believe you guys saw where I said:

If you were living in “old testament” times, would you take
that stubborn son of yours and have him stoned to death
for being disobedient?

Or no be God talk am again?
I didnt. But if it was then i would allow the people to notice it themselves not me going to tell them.

Afterall Africans dont have good heart(naturally stubborn). So we're not entitled to that.
Re: Parents Would You Obey This Instruction From God? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:23pm On Mar 11, 2018
eitsei:

thesicilian:

SO WHY DO YOU STILL HOLD ON TO A BOOK, WHICH CLEARLY MENTIONS ISREAL MORE TIMES THAN IT MENTIONS THE NAME OF GOD ITSELF?

YOU SAID IT YOURSELF.. THAT WE SHOULD "IGNORE CERTAIN LAWS BECAUSE THEY WERE PARTICULARLY FOR THE ISRAELITES"

I'M YET TO SEE THE PART OF YOUR MOST REVERED BOOK, THAT IS PARTICULARLY FOR AFRICA.
Re: Parents Would You Obey This Instruction From God? by CandidSeeker(m): 9:55am On Mar 12, 2018
Reiyvinn:
“A father and a mother may have a stubborn and
rebellious son
who refuses to obey them even after he
has been punished. If a son is like that, his parents
must drag him to the town gate, where the leaders of
the town hold their meetings. The parents will tell
the leaders, “This son of ours is stubborn and never
obeys. He spends all his time drinking and partying.”
The men of the town will stone that son to death,
because they must get rid of the evil he brought into
the community. Everyone in Israel will be afraid when
they hear how he was punished.”

- Deuteronomy 21:18-21

If you were living in “old testament” times, would you take that stubborn son of yours and have him stoned to death for being disobedient?

Mark 10:5 NKJV
And Jesus answered and said to them, "Because of the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept.

John 7:22 NKJV
Moses therefore gave you circumcision (not that it is from Moses, but from the fathers), and you circumcise a man on the Sabbath.

Not all part of the law was ordered by God.

-Peace.

(1) (Reply)

“I Smoke Because It’s In The Bible That God Is Also A Weed Smoker” — / Happy New Month Of September / Evolution Proof Perfection From The Beginning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.