Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got (4916 Views)

Five Million Applied For N-power Batch C - Sadiya Umar Farouq, Minister / 26 Million Job Seekers Applied For NNPC Jobs As Recruitment Portal Closes / My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by sunky97: 9:33pm On Aug 06, 2017
A 9-year-old boy answered a call from NASA to protect Earth from aliens - and got an encouraging response to his job application.

He wrote.;

"My name is Jack Davis and I would like to apply for the planetary protection officer job," the fourth-grader wrote in a letter. "I may be nine but think I would be fit for the job. One of the reasons is my sister says I am an alien also I have seen almost all the space and alien movies I can see."
"I may be nine but I think I would be fit for the job. One of the reasons is my sister says I am alien, also I have seen all the space and alien movies I can see," Davis wrote in a letter sent on Thursday.

"I have also seen the show Marvel Agents of Shield and hope to see the movie Men in Black. I am great at video games. I am young, so I can learn to think like an Alien,"

NASA's Planetary Science Division Director Jim Green promptly responded and gave Davis a more detailed prescription of the position.

Nine-year-old Jack Davis, a self-proclaimed "Guardian of the Galaxy," says he is ready to fight off aliens for NASA in its newly listed planetary protection officer position.

The space agency listed the new position this week and said in a post that they were excited to receive an application from Davis, a New Jersey fourth-grader, who laid out all the reasons why he is a great fit for the job.

"It's about protecting Earth from the tiny microbes when we bring back samples from the Moon, asteroids, and Mars. It's also about protecting other planets and moons from our germs as we responsibly explore the solar system," Green wrote.

While Davis might be a bit too young for the job, Green told him "study hard and do well in school."

"We hope to see you here at NASA one of these days!" he wrote.
http://tellmystory.com.ng/a-9-year-old-boy-applied-for-nasa-job-and-the-response-he-got-will-warm-your-heart/

1 Like

Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by plucky16(m): 9:41pm On Aug 06, 2017
Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by favourmic(m): 9:59pm On Aug 06, 2017
Jb

1 Like

Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by McGg: 10:01pm On Aug 06, 2017
encouraging reply
Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by HajimeSaito(m): 10:35pm On Aug 06, 2017

Now this is how you encourage a youngster. You do it by stimulating his intellectual curiosity and pointing him in the right direction.
This is why the West in spite all its problems will always be lightyears ahead of African baboons who are primitive and superstitious.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by maxwell767(m): 10:52pm On Aug 06, 2017
Make I hear say jinodu write to EFCC to be come a crime fighter and EFCC reply am grin

Or make jinodu use twitter handle to tweet EFCC

That savagery response will keep him in his miseries grin

3 Likes

Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by correctguy101(m): 10:54pm On Aug 06, 2017
HajimeSaito:

Now this is how you encourage a youngster. You do it by stimulating his intellectual curiosity and pointing him in the right direction.
This is why the West in spite all its problems will be always be lightyears ahead of African baboons who are primitive and superstitious.

sometimes I wonder if you Africans making statements like this are even normal.

Have u forgotten that you, your father, your mother and siblings and your forebears are Africans?

Are you saying yourself, and your forebears are baboons and primitive and superstitious?

If you don't know the real situation, please keep quiet.

You need help mate.

9 Likes

Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by kozmicity: 11:00pm On Aug 06, 2017
correctguy101:

Have u forgotten that you, your father, your mother and siblings and your forebears are Africans?

Are you saying yourself, and your forebears are baboons and primitive and superstitious?

You need help mate.

His moniker isn't African,its Japanese that's why he talked like a fool

1 Like

Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by nigeriapolitics(f): 11:20pm On Aug 06, 2017
9c , hope to c him achieve his dream
Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by LOVEGINO(m): 12:07am On Aug 07, 2017
What a nice replied we got there.
Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by youngin(m): 12:36am On Aug 07, 2017
People that love themselves genuinely...... Emphasis on the word 'genuinely'
Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by IamTOBBY: 12:36am On Aug 07, 2017
.m
Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by swagguElite(m): 2:04am On Aug 07, 2017
NASA did not only put a smile on the boy's face but also on my face! ... One would imagine the kind of love such children are receiving over there!

If i was raised there am very sure ..I won't be dis stone hearted! n nt caring! _in naija when yuar too sweet they will eat you!

But over there! ..imagine the kind of world they paint to these Little kids! ...wat if I tell you 90% of them believe Santa exists!

Over in naija ...if I tell our last born that Santa is coming in December! ..he will be like: b!tch please! _mummy has not return my money she borrowed! ..yuar busy talking about Santa ...Santa ko! Panther ni! ...dnt goan wash yur plate in the kitchen! Agbaya

afi GBA ti mo te! angry all these small little tins ...no single respect!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by savagefinder: 5:32am On Aug 07, 2017
correctguy101:

You need help mate.
Mr.. He said the truth.. Africans are light years behind in terms of everything.. And we are too primitive in our thinking.. Imagine a country faced with recession instead of trying to fix it everyone is asking for their Republic.. Yes.. We all deserve to be called baboons.. You, me, your father, my father if we act like them in the midst of a civilized world then we are baboons

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by SoNature(m): 5:42am On Aug 07, 2017
correctguy101:

You need help mate.

Go easy on him as he probably wrote in anger or frustration.

You don't know his story, do you?

Government agencies in Nigeria NEVER reply emails...no matter the message in your email.

Yes, I have written to a bunch of them asking for certain information or expressing my displeasure over their staff conduct, but they never acknowledged receipt of my email let alone reply me.

But the day I wrote to UK Department for International Development (DFID), I got a reasonable reply in less than 24 hours.

What does that tell you about how we do things in Nigeria?

I think Nigerian government should just privatize her agencies grin

8 Likes

Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by correctguy101(m): 5:51am On Aug 07, 2017
savagefinder:
Mr.. He said the truth.. Africans are light years behind in terms of everything.. And we are too primitive in our thinking.. Imagine a country faced with recession instead of trying to fix it everyone is asking for their Republic.. Yes.. We all deserve to be called baboons.. You, me, your father, my father if we act like them in the midst of a civilized world then we are baboons
U'll never know. I agree with you, you're actually a baboon for not knowing there were years when the civilized world was once worse than Africa and there was nothing to compare them with.

You're also a baboon for not knowing having this mindset will continue to increase the negative thought soup against Africa and the result is what you see and complain about.

Until you know the whites that wanted a so-called civilized society didn't just sit idle and increase the negative thoughts against their beloved states but went through executions and life threatening situations with positive thought forms to actualize their desired results, you remain one of the baboons in Africa.

1 Like

Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by correctguy101(m): 5:56am On Aug 07, 2017
SoNature:

Go easy on him as he probably wrote in anger or frustration.

You don't know his story, do you?

Government agencies in Nigeria NEVER reply emails...no matter the message in your email.

Yes, I have written to a bunch of them asking for certain information or expressing my displeasure over their staff conduct, but they never acknowledged receipt of my email let alone reply me.

But the day I wrote to UK Department for International Development (DFID), I got a reasonable reply in less than 24 hours.

What does that tell you about how we do things in Nigeria?

I think Nigerian government should just privatize her agencies grin
I like that you mentioned "the Nigerian government ".
Unlike some people who would because the actions of a selected foolish power flexing elites call down evil on my beloved Africa and Africans

Thank you.
Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by MrGreenMavro: 6:56am On Aug 07, 2017
Nice.....if its Nigeria dy would have demoralized and rubbished his esteem, rather they enhanced his esteem! Encouragement to succeed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by Adeoba10(m): 7:13am On Aug 07, 2017
This white people sha.... Very matured set of people, unlike here.... Awon eleribu manager ati HR, they will snap the letter and come online to be making jest of the boy, killing his dream and morale.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by wunmi590(m): 7:33am On Aug 07, 2017
Ayam coming back

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by DIKEnaWAR: 8:27am On Aug 07, 2017
A country that works! I hope my kids grow up in this type of country.

They replied him. They encouraged him. If he retains his interest in the job till he grows up, he will surely work there. No one is going to deny him the opportunity if he qualifies, because of a stupid quota system or his tribe.

In advanced countries, all you need to do is have a dream, focus, pursue it and stay on the right lane. Success will be surely yours. Here, the system is designed to militate against you and your ambition. Nonsense!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by ahza(m): 9:17am On Aug 07, 2017
See how they replied him encouragingly without killing his dream.. try this in Nigeria nd see cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by savagefinder: 10:00am On Aug 07, 2017
correctguy101:

U'll never know. I agree with you, you're actually a baboon for not knowing there were years when the civilized world was once worse than Africa and there was nothing to compare them with.

You're also a baboon for not knowing having this mindset will continue to increase the negative thought soup against Africa and the result is what you see and complain about.

Until you know the whites that wanted a so-called civilized society didn't just sit idle and increase the negative thoughts against their beloved states but went through executions and life threatening situations with positive thought forms to actualize their desired results, you remain one of the baboons in Africa.
oh.. I know your type "the hopers". The little minded ones, let's take a trip down memory lane, Russia had to admit that they were backwards industrialy before they plunged into the revolution, France had to clamp down on themselves because of the trouble that religion caused in thier country, or should we talk about Britain that had to revolt against thier Kings for a better future or America who went into civil war and had to forcefully turn policies to favour private investors or China who got tired of corruption and went into massacre because of it.. What do all these have in common, they first of all accepted reality and then went to take it by the balls.. The cloud of optimism washed away and they saw their country for what it really was and the anger was the driving force.. Which of these countries today doesn't stand as the top decision makers in the world? But over in Nigeria, what are we fighting over? Christian and Muslim wars, igbo and hausa wars.. Shiite wars, while corruption thrives but we would rather sit back and bask in the aura that "e go better". No bro look around you "it is not better" accept the reality and let it be the driving force... Accept the truth and don't be a princess, we are superstitious and hypocrisy lies around us.. A continent with more churches and mosques than humans and yet corruption is in every corner.. Who are deceiving?

Until we accept these fact wholesomely and begin to fix it, we are in the banana Republic..

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by jobbers: 10:10am On Aug 07, 2017
hmmmm
Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 07, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin
swagguElite:
NASA did not only put a smile on the boy's face but also on my face! ... One would imagine the kind of love such children are receiving over there!

If i was raised there am very sure ..I won't be dis stone hearted! n nt caring! _in naija when yuar too sweet they will eat you!

But over there! ..imagine the kind of world they paint to these Little kids! ...wat if I tell you 90% of them believe Santa exists!

Over in naija ...if I tell our last born that Santa is coming in December! ..he will be like: b!tch please! _mummy has not return my money she borrowed! ..yuar busy talking about Santa ...Santa ko! Panther ni! ...dnt goan wash yur plate in the kitchen! Agbaya

afi GBA ti mo te!
angry all these small little tins ...no single respect!
Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by correctguy101(m): 12:38pm On Aug 07, 2017
savagefinder:
oh.. I know your type "the hopers". The little minded ones, let's take a trip down memory lane, Russia had to admit that they were backwards industrialy before they plunged into the revolution, France had to clamp down on themselves because of the trouble that religion caused in thier country, or should we talk about Britain that had to revolt against thier Kings for a better future or America who went into civil war and had to forcefully turn policies to favour private investors or China who got tired of corruption and went into massacre because of it.. What do all these have in common, they first of all accepted reality and then went to take it by the balls.. The cloud of optimism washed away and they saw their country for what it really was and the anger was the driving force.. Which of these countries today doesn't stand as the top decision makers in the world? But over in Nigeria, what are we fighting over? Christian and Muslim wars, igbo and hausa wars.. Shiite wars, while corruption thrives but we would rather sit back and bask in the aura that "e go better". No bro look around you "it is not better" accept the reality and let it be the driving force... Accept the truth and don't be a princess, we are superstitious and hypocrisy lies around us.. A continent with more churches and mosques than humans and yet corruption is in every corner.. Who are deceiving?

Until we accept these fact wholesomely and begin to fix it, we are in the banana Republic..
You obviously didn't get my point.
It would be foolish for any African to deny the situation. But still, you don't get my point.

I for one knows I'm not superstitious and I have friends and acquaintances who aren't.
It comes to me as an insult to call all Africans what you just called them for I'm African.
It's same thing Baba Anikulapo Fela complained of, about your leaders, our leaders calling us derogatory names. Show some respect that's my point. You're currently guilty of the hypocrisy you complain about. For if you come to a faceless forum like nairaland to create anarchy and hatred for the land of our birth, the thoughts take root and manifests and at the end, you'll end up complaining and still doing nothing about it. What hypocrisy could be greater than that.

Africans are naturally complacent, know that it's only a few ready minded people brought the change in the west. The people needs to be led. That's exactly why you see the biafrans sticking with Nnamdi Kanu.

A case scenario is Dubai, you'll barely hear or see any negative news about that place but who says they don't have slums and poor impoverished people over there?
My point remains the thought pattern. If you don't change your mind, your reality remains the same.

When you don't respect the motherland, how would you want to sacrifice even a fingernail for her and you come online to bash the motherland and still leave the revolution to who? Check your thoughts mate.

Sorry, I'm at a fuel station now typing this, just rushed it down but I hope you understand now my point.
Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by odoguma(m): 12:39pm On Aug 07, 2017
Recruiting Now!

Are you out of school and in need of a short term job to make money before resumption. Look no further.
Iroko Tv is now recruiting for Offline Sales Agent who will sell their subscription vouchers to existing and new customer.
Basic Salary: 25K
On-Time target: 40 to 60K and above.
Application is by sending in CV to erecruiter@erecnigeria.com with the email subject "Offline Sales Agent - (Location) "

They now have openings for Offline Sales Agents in various locations in Lagos.

Locations include:

- Ikeja
- Victoria Island
- Surulere
- Lekki
- Alimosho
- Isolo/Okota
- Yaba
- Ajah
- Maryland
- Trade Fair/Alaba
- Iyana Ipaja/Idimu
- Ketu
- Ikorodu
- Apapa
Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by Martinez19(m): 2:13pm On Aug 07, 2017
HajimeSaito:

This is why the West in spite all its problems will always be lightyears ahead of African baboons who are primitive and superstitious.

Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by Martinez19(m): 2:18pm On Aug 07, 2017
correctguy101:

You need help mate.
He is African doesn't mean he shouldn't say the truth and because he said the truth doesn't mean he hates and discriminate from Africans. A hater of all truth is an enemy of humanity.
Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by amprat: 2:28pm On Aug 07, 2017
Typical of Africans with warped mentality:
(1)They never call a spade what it is
(2)They try to rationalize stupidity, laziness,crime,irresponsibility, breach of contract and every other evil in-between it.
scientists are never biased, they look at a situations,phenomena,events critically, make their reports and recommendations.
so because am an African I should loose my freedom of expression and ability to reason sensibly.
Who then is the real Baboon?
He who rationalizes stupidity or he who is biased, pained about the African situation and is suggesting the way forward.

2 Likes

Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by Emenandez4lyf(m): 3:49pm On Aug 07, 2017
I'm +1 today. A Proudly Leo Escaped Mama's Womb. #ShowMeLove
Re: A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got by correctguy101(m): 4:25pm On Aug 07, 2017
Martinez19:
He is African doesn't mean he shouldn't say the truth and because he said the truth doesn't mean he hates and discriminate from Africans. A hater of all truth is an enemy of humanity.

Someone once said criticism is next to satanism.

I'm not against speaking the truth, but against the hypocrisy of the so-called truth speaking Africans.

After speaking the truth, he went on to call Africans baboons, baboons!!!

This same people will speak against racism and the whites referring to the black man as monkeys.

Remember, in the west, there are many who behaves worse than animals but what do these low esteemed Africans do,? they call it the newest trend and emulate it whereas if it were done by an African, they start spewing their self righteous truths.

Abeg I wan drive now.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

.. / FRSC Appointment Letters Already Shared? / Nbplc Itf Neca Nigerian Breweries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.