Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Account Of An Alleged Eyewitness Of Ozubulu Church Attack Goes Viral - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Account Of An Alleged Eyewitness Of Ozubulu Church Attack Goes Viral (931 Views)

'Bishop' Returns To South Africa After Ozubulu Church Massacre.See What Happened / Gang Leader Of Ozubulu Church Attack: "My Boys Overreacted After Losing Target" / Ozubulu Church Massacre Suspects Arraigned In Court (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Account Of An Alleged Eyewitness Of Ozubulu Church Attack Goes Viral by joshkiddies: 7:57am On Aug 07, 2017
Account of an alleged Ozubulu Church Attack eyewitness has reportedly gone viral, as it claims that the gunmen who stormed the church never spoke Igbo, contrary to Police report. 

According to the eyewitness, the gunmen who killed the worshippers wore army uniforms and here's what she said;

"First Hand Information On What Happened At Anambra State Today, As Ejike Ofoegbu Arrived Anambra From Aba

Please over look the police report, Ejike Ofoegbu said

Loveth Gift narrated

"We all were in the church during the 6am morning mass today, we saw two cars that drove into the church; because it was a Church premises we over looked it and we considered them to be people that came for morning mass(service). But to the surprise of everyone, the car halted at the center of the gate, meaning you cannot close the gate, since it is open already.

"The driver came out of the car pretending he was fixing a problem; so everyone still ignored the drama happening outside the premises.

"Suddenly, some men came out from the car, fully armed, all in Army uniform. I was lucky because I was sitting at the back, just beside the door, but I was clearly seeing what was happening. The sky was cloudy and everywhere seemed dark; no one saw what they were carrying, whether it was gun, but surely they were fully equipped.

"They immediately rushed to the front door. I was too lucky to jump the fence, but before I had jumped, I heard gun shot everywhere in the building. They obstructed the front gate, because for women that is their only route to escape. That was why women were killed more than men. Children were killed as well, many were seriously injured.

"After I had escaped, I started making calls to link my church members who were in the church, but they were not picking up; not knowing they were dead already.

The gun men were not igbos, because their language were not igbo, the government should stop lying, I heard they said That, they gun Men were flashing touch light on us, but it a lie, because the whole church was so lighted that even from outside you will see who is inside. Even at that, if they were really flashing touch light to know who is their target, those that were killed, are they their target.

Like I said before and I will say it again, I was at the back door, I saw all that happened, they were with Army uniform, face covered, standing at the Front door, holding their trigger, and shooting at anything that moves.

When the police came, I was waiting for them to ask questions of what happened, so that I will explain, but they were busy taking pictures of the dead ones, without knowing the fact

"Not too long after they had gone, I went back to the church. I was shocked with what I saw; my Mother was lying dead! Many people were unconscious but later succumbed to death.

"After about one hour of the killings, the Police arrived the church. Two hours later, the Governor, Willie Obiano arrived too. Everyone was shocked, wandering how the perpetrators stormed in Army uniform. Questions began to arise: "Who gave them the Army uniform?" Who gave them the Army car?"
Surely jihad is here, and everyone have to defend him/her self.

A woman who still survived the mayhem said, "All I could remember is that I was sitting at the front when some people in Army uniform invaded the Church and started shooting at everyone. They just held the trigger and fired at everyone they sighted. I managed to hide under the seat but was shot in the leg.

"A boy was shot in head, his brain bursted, and blood spilled everywhere - even at my face."

Ejike Ofoegbu
Reporting"

However, here's Twitter user @Isinmiri account;

http://www.lailasblog.com/account-alleged-eyewitness-ozubulu-church-attack-goes-viral-debunks-police-account/

Lalasticlala

Re: Account Of An Alleged Eyewitness Of Ozubulu Church Attack Goes Viral by northvietnam(m): 8:04am On Aug 07, 2017
both the first and last story no complete
Re: Account Of An Alleged Eyewitness Of Ozubulu Church Attack Goes Viral by johnwizey: 8:04am On Aug 07, 2017
My sympathy goes to those who lost their loved ones. I saw this version of the story earlier on radio biafra fb page and i wonder why people like to thrive on lies. Everyone knows this is a gang related attack but you want us to believe its the Hausa/Fulani and i ask to what extent?
Re: Account Of An Alleged Eyewitness Of Ozubulu Church Attack Goes Viral by BornAgainMay: 8:06am On Aug 07, 2017
God
Re: Account Of An Alleged Eyewitness Of Ozubulu Church Attack Goes Viral by Vutseck(m): 8:06am On Aug 07, 2017
when did the police carry out their investigation before attributing it to gangsters

who and who was questioned, not even the eye witnesses because their are still survivors of the massacre

the Igbo men who can open fire on their people must have falling from the moon

Re: Account Of An Alleged Eyewitness Of Ozubulu Church Attack Goes Viral by NOC1(m): 8:10am On Aug 07, 2017
mtcheee, na today criminals begin wear military Uniform home and abroad?

for me i might not buy the news of drug whatever, but one thing i am sure is that it has nothing to do with Bokoharam or Fulani Herdsmen.

but questioning how the got military uniform should not be a basis...

Re: Account Of An Alleged Eyewitness Of Ozubulu Church Attack Goes Viral by DaddySLY(m): 8:10am On Aug 07, 2017
the time spoken of has come...
Re: Account Of An Alleged Eyewitness Of Ozubulu Church Attack Goes Viral by Vutseck(m): 8:14am On Aug 07, 2017
johnwizey:
My sympathy goes to those who lost their loved ones. I saw this version of the story earlier on radio biafra fb page and i wonder why people like to thrive on lies. Everyone knows this is a gang related attack but you want us to believe its the Hausa/Fulani and i ask to what extent?

before it was herdsmen from Libya

later herdsmen from Mali

now it becomes gang related attack

the truth will surly surface
Re: Account Of An Alleged Eyewitness Of Ozubulu Church Attack Goes Viral by seunny4lif(m): 8:16am On Aug 07, 2017
This is really bad embarassed embarassed
How did the writer knew, that they are Fulani people?
Did he waited to listen to them?
This case is really serious and very bad.
This kind of thing can lead to Hausa and Fulani massacre in the East
But i can't believe it's BH member or Fulani people becos at least them no fit do am reach church for SE.
Re: Account Of An Alleged Eyewitness Of Ozubulu Church Attack Goes Viral by wakaman: 8:20am On Aug 07, 2017
An old tested saying goes. You get what you fear or hope for.

Be careful! Your own web would entrap you.

It is what it is.
Re: Account Of An Alleged Eyewitness Of Ozubulu Church Attack Goes Viral by dominique(f): 8:22am On Aug 07, 2017
So Loveth whose mother was shot right before her eyes and who witnessed a little boy's brain burst out of his head was able to do such a detailed narrative after such a traumatic episode. Who are we kidding here?
Imagine using such tragedy to push your silly propaganda. Some people's conscience have gone to the dogs.

1 Like

Re: Account Of An Alleged Eyewitness Of Ozubulu Church Attack Goes Viral by Vutseck(m): 8:22am On Aug 07, 2017
seunny4lif:
This is really bad embarassed embarassed
How did the writer knew, that they are Fulani people?
Did he waited to listen to them?
This case is really serious and very bad.
This kind of thing can lead to Hausa and Fulani massacre in the East
But i can't believe it's BH member or Fulani people becos at least them no fit do am reach church for SE.

neither would Igbo Man open fire on their people not to talk of inside the church

we all know what each region are capable of doing
Re: Account Of An Alleged Eyewitness Of Ozubulu Church Attack Goes Viral by lankylucky(m): 8:44am On Aug 07, 2017
The narrator jumped over the church fence and still overhead the killers not speaking Igbo.

There is so much hatred and disbelief in Nigeria, the government needs to act fast to avert a catastrophic end of this union called NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Account Of An Alleged Eyewitness Of Ozubulu Church Attack Goes Viral by Vutseck(m): 8:46am On Aug 07, 2017
dominique:
So Loveth whose mother was shot right before her eyes and who witnessed a little boy's brain burst out of his head was able to do such a detailed narrative after such a traumatic episode. Who are we kidding here?
Imagine using such tragedy to push your silly propaganda. Some people's conscience have gone to the dogs.

if I may understand you better, a survivor of a massacre should not be able to recollect what happened after 24rs

Re: Account Of An Alleged Eyewitness Of Ozubulu Church Attack Goes Viral by pythonkid(m): 8:49am On Aug 07, 2017
w
Re: Account Of An Alleged Eyewitness Of Ozubulu Church Attack Goes Viral by dominique(f): 10:00am On Aug 07, 2017
Vutseck:

if I may understand you better, a survivor of a massacre should not be able to recollect what happened after 24rs

The article was posted yesterday, hours after the incident. Someone that just had such a traumatic experience will never be in the right frame of mind to grand such an interview. Whoever concocted that story is only out to cause mischief.

1 Like

Re: Account Of An Alleged Eyewitness Of Ozubulu Church Attack Goes Viral by seunny4lif(m): 10:06am On Aug 07, 2017
Vutseck:

neither would Igbo Man open fire on their people not to talk of inside the church

we all know what each region are capable of doing
Thats the strange part oooh
I know Igbo are capable of doing craze things but killing inside Church is not Igbo thing

The case strong
Re: Account Of An Alleged Eyewitness Of Ozubulu Church Attack Goes Viral by dederocs(m): 10:25am On Aug 07, 2017
This write up is weak
Re: Account Of An Alleged Eyewitness Of Ozubulu Church Attack Goes Viral by limamintruth: 5:02pm On Aug 07, 2017
johnwizey:

Hmm, I doubt this eye witness account gaskiya. Well, the Police really needs to do a thorough investigation here.
RIP to the dead & Quick Recovery to the injured!

(1) (Reply)

Student Raped, Strangled And Body Dumped In Forest After She Joined Dating Site / Photos:Police Officer Spotted At A Bet Station At Kappa Junction Oshodi Lagos / Photos: Teenager Dies After Her Phone Exploded In Her Hand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.