Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,009 members, 7,821,546 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Bottlenecks To Working Remote For US,UK,AU And Other Countries. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Bottlenecks To Working Remote For US,UK,AU And Other Countries. (2264 Views)

Share Your Remote Job Experience As A Developer / US, UK, Canada Senior Software Developer Jobs / Learn How To Get US, UK, Chinese Real Sim Phone Numbers For Online Verifications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bottlenecks To Working Remote For US,UK,AU And Other Countries. by Nobody: 1:59pm On Aug 07, 2017
Now this is about working remote for companies in America or Europe. I was searching stackoverflow the other day and saw lots of developer vacancies, some looking for remote developers, others with sponsored visa (don't know how this works).

What are the likely problems encountered with remote jobs if any? Share your experience please.

With the nature of Nigerian developer jobs, whereby they'll be looking for Turing and want to pay as Kazeem, what stops you from applying and working remote or if possible relocate.

Please share your experience. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Bottlenecks To Working Remote For US,UK,AU And Other Countries. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 07, 2017
Let me mention dhtml18, cbrass, pcguru1, guru01, danielthegeek, silento, booyakasha, seunthomas, javanian, febup, fincoapps, et all.

No vex if I mention you. Likewise if I don't. Please share if you have any experience or if you happen to know someone who did.
Re: Bottlenecks To Working Remote For US,UK,AU And Other Countries. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 07, 2017
Moaby:
Let me mention dhtml18, cbrass, pcguru1, guru01, danielthegeek, silento, booyakasha, seunthomas, javanian, febup, fincoapps, et all.

No vex if I mention you. Likewise if I don't. Please share if you have any experience or if you happen to know someone who did.

Well it depends, I've done a lot of remote work, it's easier when not employed but doing that with a full-time job is killing, and also different timezone, so most times I tend to pick few remote work, only when am bored. though quite recently I have been getting alot of mails from recruiters overseas, i guess it's just a matter of me researching them and picking, I don't mind relocating to another country, but the problem with remote jobs are usually (From what I have encountered)

1. Communication
2. Language
3. Timezone

Getting a job abroad is not the problem, you just need to be good and be visible online, and also more importantly CODILITY TESTS, and HACKERRANK oh, you must read and prepare.

2 Likes

Re: Bottlenecks To Working Remote For US,UK,AU And Other Countries. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 07, 2017
Great. More please.
Re: Bottlenecks To Working Remote For US,UK,AU And Other Countries. by FincoApps(m): 2:32am On Aug 21, 2017
Moaby:
Great. More please.

I've not gotten a lot but I can tell you 1 thing. The MAJOR problem I face is communication.... That's like a MAJOR MAJOR issue..... Our accent the speed at which we speak makes it difficult for a non Nigerian to understand

1 Like

Re: Bottlenecks To Working Remote For US,UK,AU And Other Countries. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Sep 27, 2017
Okay
Re: Bottlenecks To Working Remote For US,UK,AU And Other Countries. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 06, 2017
FincoApps:

I've not gotten a lot but I can tell you 1 thing. The MAJOR problem I face is communication.... That's like a MAJOR MAJOR issue..... Our accent the speed at which we speak makes it difficult for a non Nigerian to understand
I understand, nice one man. You are one of the people I enjoy reading on this board. Keep keeping it real. Sad to know dhtml left.
Re: Bottlenecks To Working Remote For US,UK,AU And Other Countries. by FincoApps(m): 11:33am On Oct 23, 2017
Lol, thanks mehn smiley

Moaby:

I understand, nice one man. You are one of the people I enjoy reading on this board. Keep keeping it real. Sad to know dhtml left.
Re: Bottlenecks To Working Remote For US,UK,AU And Other Countries. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2017
From experience gotten from airbnb through stack overflow, I'd say it's pretty easy grin...

Just quit your day job like me and sit down all day at your office as a full time freelancer then make sure you have every other thing in abundance and good knowledge of your required task/role....data 24/7, Call credit for at least 30 min international talk time (could last you for a week tho, depends in if your recruiter is a talkative)..

It's fun, it's nice and you get a lot of time to live your own life and learn from different people home and abroad.

Sorry this came late though..

1 Like

Re: Bottlenecks To Working Remote For US,UK,AU And Other Countries. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2017
DanielTheGeek:
From experience gotten from airbnb through stack overflow, I'd say it's pretty easy grin...

Just quit your day job like me and sit down all day at your office as a full time freelancer then make sure you have every other thing in abundance and good knowledge of your required task/role....data 24/7, Call credit for at least 30 min international talk time (could last you for a week tho, depends in if your recruiter is a talkative)..

It's fun, it's nice and you get a lot of time to live your own life and learn from different people home and abroad.

As in guy, I swear this is the way, but one must be focused and hardworking because working remotely has it's difficulty especially when there's no communication for a while or unclear requirements and doing the wrong thing. But the bolded part is the main thing and benefit. Working in a 24-7 company and sitting on a chair I highly recommend this, there's nothing as depressing as knowing in a year you only have 20 days to yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Bottlenecks To Working Remote For US,UK,AU And Other Countries. by Karleb(m): 8:44pm On Oct 23, 2017
DanielTheGeek:

Did you just said you quitted your job to become a full time programmer? shocked
Re: Bottlenecks To Working Remote For US,UK,AU And Other Countries. by asalimpo(m): 8:47pm On Oct 23, 2017
I guess the world economy is transitioning into a remote one. Soon they'll be people living in 3rd world countries who make all their money via freelancing. I just pray our polity will be stable and one tribalistic/religious fanatic will come shut the whole thing down. Boko haram just cooled down abit because their tribes man is in power otherwise ...
Re: Bottlenecks To Working Remote For US,UK,AU And Other Countries. by Nobody: 4:01am On Oct 24, 2017
Karleb:

Did you just said you quitted your job to become a full time programmer? shocked

Well, technically, yes.... Freelancing is still a job tho (literally)..

However, the best thing that can happen to any developer is having a successful early career and retiring to full time open source development later... That's where you get to fly

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Much Would It Cost Me To Create A Jamb Past Question App / Things I Wish Someone Had Told Me When I Was Learning How To Code / How To Develop An Android App (android Studio)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.