Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. (3152 Views)

9 Best Tecno Android Phones in Nigeria / Finally! My Phantom 6 Plus Upgraded To Android 7.1.1 Nougat And HIOS 2.2 / The best Itel And Tecno Android Phones To Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 07, 2017
Having used a Tecno Android that runs the Android 7.0 OS,I have noticed quiet a number of things.
This is my opinion however made via careful observations, I decided to write an unbiased post about its pro's and Con's (peculiar to it's HiOS skin)
Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 07, 2017
Pro's

1)Fast Bootup Time
The Android 7.0 by tecno has an impressive and short Bootup time.It takes about 30 seconds to boot and a little less than that to completely shutdown.

2)Faster Charge
Tecno has improved the charging rate of their devices running the nougat OS.Even tecno l9+ and tecno wx3p with 5000mAh batteries takes 2 hours 30 minutes to fully charge.I think that is pretty impressive.

3)Less Lag
Most of these devices do not lag and RAM management is quiet impressive. Although this credit goes to Google itself,but still tecno tried not to preinstall too many bloatwares.

4)Improved HiOS widgets
The HiOS skin comes with a better user interface and a few included stuff that makes it give a more pleasurable Android experience.HiManager,Hifont,Themes and wallpapers among others.

5)Battery Management
Tecno androids that run android 7.0 do not consume too much battery although this was severely hyped by many bloggers and tecno agents.Yes,they improved on battery but not the way everyone on the adverts say.Don't be deceived.

6)Temprature
The newest tecno phones do not heat up like the previous ones.They do maintain fairly stable temperatures after long usage.However, I am not much of a heavy user and this may not be the case for many people.
Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by Youngpo413: 2:41pm On Aug 07, 2017
MIUI
Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 07, 2017
Con's
1)Too Much Storage Consumption
Yes, Tecno nougat phones use up too much storage (ROM).You can imagine the ones with 16GB ROM already occupied by system of about 7GB.This is way too much considering the fact that nougat is very much dependent on internal storage and doesn't install apps on SD.An 8GB ROM tecno wx3 only has 3.4GB free space when a user buys it at first.

2)Low Speaker Volume
The speaker volume is very low and sounds are played inconveniently.One has to alter the equaliser settings before having a good musical experience.

3)SD problems
Some people even complain that their SD cards do not even show when they insert it to the SD slot.But in my case,my tecno phone automatically "ejects" my SD card and I tell you,it is a very very annoying problem. I would just unlock the phone and I would see a notification "Ejecting SD card".

4)No Storage Analysis
Remember that I told you the phone consumes too much space?.Well another thing with tecno is that when you tap on Settings>Storage>Analyse,it just stays there calculating and refuses to show you what is eating up your meagre space.

5)Delete Issues
I noticed also that when I delete a large file from internal storage,the changes in storage are only visibly manifested ie take effect when I reboot the phone.It looks as if I haven't freed up any space till I reboot the phone.

6)No System UI Tuner
All efforts made by me to enable the " System UI tuner" feature on my tecno nougat phone failed.The system tuner is one of the juiciest Android 7.0 feature and yet tecno deprives us of it.

7)Frequent App Crashing
If you have used any tecno android nougat phone,you will understand this better.Apps like UC browser amongst others frequently crash and automatically pause downloads even After the background download option is enabled.
Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Aug 07, 2017
See them below

Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by Ay92(m): 4:45pm On Aug 07, 2017
You are 90% right
Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 07, 2017
Ay92:
You are 90% right
Where am I wrong?
Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by Kronical(m): 9:48pm On Aug 07, 2017
One month old Camon CX for sale..

Reason: Got a new Samsung S7..

No Dent nor Scratch..

Price : 45k..

Call :
Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by Ay92(m): 3:13am On Aug 08, 2017
TechEnthusiast:

Where am I wrong?
I don't have the SD card problem,my storage analysis is shown easily and I don't have the frequent app crashing issue apart from apps that refused to work right from the start e. g. Front line commando D day
Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by Ay92(m): 4:16am On Aug 08, 2017
The delete issue is what I hate most
Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by madjnr: 5:05am On Aug 08, 2017
Ay92:

I don't have the SD card problem,my storage analysis is shown easily and I don't have the frequent app crashing issue apart from apps that refused to work right from the start e. g. Front line commando D day
what's the name of your device?
Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by Nobody: 6:00am On Aug 08, 2017
Ay92:

Which device do you use?
Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by Ay92(m): 7:07am On Aug 08, 2017
TechEnthusiast:

Which device do you use?
Tecno l9+
Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by Ay92(m): 7:07am On Aug 08, 2017
madjnr:
what's the name of your device?
Tecno l9+
Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by jamesbawa(m): 7:08am On Aug 08, 2017
A group of congregation was sited in a religious gathering and talking. Suddenly, Satan appeared at the front. Everyone started screaming and running for the back entrance, trampling each other in a frantic effort to get away from evil incarnate. Soon the congregation was vacant except for one elderly gentleman who sat calmly in his chair without moving, seemingly oblivious to the fact that God's ultimate enemy was in his presence. So Satan walked up to the man and said, 'Do you know who I am?' The man replied, 'Yep, sure do.' Aren't you afraid of me?' Satan asked. 'Nope, sure ain't.' said the man. Don't you realize I can kill you with one word?' asked Satan. Don't doubt it for a minute, ' returned the old man, in an even tone. 'Did you know that I can cause you profound, horrifying agony for all eternity, persisted Satan? 'Yep,' was the calm reply? 'And you're still not afraid?' asked Satan. 'Nope,' said the old man. More than a little perturbed, Satan asked, ' Why aren't you afraid of me?' The man calmly replied, 'Been married to your sister for 48 years.'

2 Likes

Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ay92:
Tecno l9+
Lucky you,maybe you have an OTA update
Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by Ay92(m): 1:01pm On Aug 08, 2017
TechEnthusiast:

Lucky you,maybe you have an OTA update
Well, miracles can happen sha, but I never ever expect an update from tecno
Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ay92:

Well, miracles can happen sha, but I never ever expect an update from tecno
Phantom 6 and camon CX have updated to 7.1.1
Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by Norman4real(m): 2:01pm On Aug 08, 2017
TechEnthusiast:

CX came with android 7 pre installed. Phantom 6 has no android 7 update, its the 6plus that does
Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 08, 2017
Emm, for OLD games to run on your NEW Android os you have update them because not all old games that ran on 4.4 and 5.0 can run on 6.0 or 7.0 cos developers constantly update it on Google play store
Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by Yseone(m): 6:18pm On Aug 08, 2017
You people are causing confusion here ooo...well, lemme come and be going first.
Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by Ay92(m): 7:16pm On Aug 08, 2017
TechEnthusiast:

Hopefully, l9+ will follow suit. The phone is so averagely beautiful
Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ay92:
Hopefully, l9+ will follow suit. The phone is so averagely beautiful
What about my wx3p??
Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by HarveyDeven: 11:14pm On Aug 08, 2017
The improved battery management is one of the best features Android 7.0 brings, actually!
Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by Ay92(m): 3:14am On Aug 09, 2017
TechEnthusiast:

What about my wx3p??
What about it please?
Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by Nobody: 6:05am On Aug 09, 2017
Ay92:
What about it please?
Update?
Re: Pro's And Con's Of Tecno Android 7.0 Hios. by Ay92(m): 8:14am On Aug 09, 2017
TechEnthusiast:

Update?
I have no idea at all. Tecno rarely update their phones so don't keep your hopes up on any update

(1) (Reply)

American Used Samsung Galaxy S9 For Sale (price Reduced) / How Do You Fix You May Not Have Proper App For Viewing This Content? / How To Unlock Iphone 4s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.