Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,105 members, 7,838,799 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Buhari Won’t Resign He Has Done Nothing Wrong: Garba Shehu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Won’t Resign He Has Done Nothing Wrong: Garba Shehu (476 Views)

Garba Shehu: Buhari Won’t Resign / Ajayi: I Won’t Resign As Akeredolu’s Deputy, I Only Dumped APC / I Won’t Resign - Mahmood Yakubu, INEC Chairman Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Buhari Won’t Resign He Has Done Nothing Wrong: Garba Shehu by Factfinder1(m): 7:31pm On Aug 07, 2017
Garba Shehu, spokesman of President Muhammadu Buhari, has urged protesters demanding the president’s resignation to do their research well as the president has done nothing wrong.

The protesters had marched to Aso Rock on Monday, asking the president, who has been receiving medical attention in the UK since May 7, to either resume office or resign.

But addressing state house correspondents after the protest, Shehu maintained that the president has not gone against the constitution.

He said Buhari had fulfilled the demands of the law and people are only “looking for things to say”.

“They (protesters) are exercising their rights in line with the constitution of this country. Of what use or value is a democracy in which citizens cannot embark on peaceful protests? So, we respect their right to convene or undertake peaceful protest,” he said.

“On the second issue, whether the president should resign or disclose or whatever, I think they are stepping outside the laws of this country. Anyone conversant with the constitution of this country will have noticed or seen that Mr President has complied 100 per cent with the requirements of the constitution of this country.

“He has handed over power to the vice-president, relying on the constitution and the vice-president is carrying out with the affairs of this country, undertaking activities of government in line with the constitution in a way that the president himself has given words of commendation.

“So, the president has not breached any law. What he has done is perfectly in line with the constitution of this country and people are looking for things to say, I think they should do their research very well.”

On Sunday, Femi Adesina, also a spokesman of Buhari, had said the demands of the protesters were not known to Nigerian laws

Read more http://ogashub.com.ng/buhari-wont-resign-done-nothing-wrong-garba-shehu/
Re: Buhari Won’t Resign He Has Done Nothing Wrong: Garba Shehu by YOUNGrapha(m): 7:37pm On Aug 07, 2017
G
Re: Buhari Won’t Resign He Has Done Nothing Wrong: Garba Shehu by Chikpat(m): 7:41pm On Aug 07, 2017
ok. In all things and at all times, it is always good to be selfless in service while loving unconditionally.

Mr Shehu, thank you for those words well spoken. If you were not the spokesman of Mr President would you say the same thing? If Nigeria had a PDP president with you in opposition party , would you say the same thing?

Let us always put Nigeria first in all the things we do.

I love Mr Buhari for nothing. The old man has won an election he obviously is not enjoying. The work load and demand is too much for an old frail man his kind to shoulder.

It seems Mr Buhari loves Nigeria more than himself; no probs!

He shud not forger that he will live for himself first, before he can live for Nigeria.

Mr president, Nigerians love you; and you have not violated any known laws in falling sick. We can understand that. We equally understand dat presently , you are unfit n unable to do the work we elected you to do. Very kindly do the needful sir and save us the embarrassments and focus on issues that don't improve our economy, our pride , our nation and our destiny

1 Like

Re: Buhari Won’t Resign He Has Done Nothing Wrong: Garba Shehu by paBuhari(m): 7:45pm On Aug 07, 2017
Zoo govt official defending lawlessness grin Thank God I'm not a Zoogerian. I'm Biafran! cool
Re: Buhari Won’t Resign He Has Done Nothing Wrong: Garba Shehu by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:50pm On Aug 07, 2017
ok

Niger..ia was already a useless country. The only way to balance up things was for them to elect a useless leader. Then to create an equilibrium... some set of useless assholes (Nortthhen and South Wassten Niger...ians) helped pushed the useless asshole to become the president of the useless country.

GENIUS
Re: Buhari Won’t Resign He Has Done Nothing Wrong: Garba Shehu by ajepako(f): 7:53pm On Aug 07, 2017
This government is taking Nigerians for granted, l swear..

But Nigerians cannot talk o protest because some cannot admit they made a mistake voting for this aberration of a government..

I just wonder what APC would have done if this happened under the previous government...

Bunch of hypocrites
Re: Buhari Won’t Resign He Has Done Nothing Wrong: Garba Shehu by Mynd44: 8:08pm On Aug 07, 2017

(1)

Enough Is A Enough, APC Get Yourself Together And Work For Nigerians / If Oil Didn't Save Venezuela, It Sure Can't Save Nigeria - Ben Murray-Bruce / Anambra Election Will Not Hold – Militants Back Nnamdi Kanu, Ipob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.