Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,475 members, 7,816,119 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational (20262 Views)

NNPC Spends ₦10 Billion On Comatose Refineries In April / Refineries Produced No Petrol In Past Eight Months – NNPC / Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by Islie: 8:20pm On Aug 07, 2017
Kachikwu incurs Reps’ wrath as refineries go comatose six months after they became operational

Ovie Okpare, Warri

The House Representatives on Monday said it would invite Minister of State for Petroleum, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu , to explain why the four refineries that were recently refurbished for operation are not currently producing six months after they became operational.

Chairman, House of Representatives Committee on Petroleum Resources (Downstream ), Mr. Joseph Akinlaja, stated this on Monday when members of the committee visited Matrix Energy Limited tank farm in Warri , Delta State, as part of inquiries into high prices and influx of adulterated kerosene leading to explosions in the country.

Akinlaja, who said the House was deeply concerned about high cost of kerosene in the market as well as incessant explosion due to adulteration, said they were visiting major industry players in the country to ascertain how the situation could be resolved.

He said the situation where Nigeria almost relies on imported petroleum products despite only recently upgrading the four refineries in the country was a national embarrassment.

He urged Nigerians to join hands to ensure that things in the country start working for the general good of the people.

http://punchng.com/kachikwu-incurs-reps-wrath-as-refineries-go-comatose-six-months-after-they-became-operational/

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by madridguy(m): 8:22pm On Aug 07, 2017
cool
Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by DickDastardLION(m): 8:24pm On Aug 07, 2017
Body odour moved to London

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by ourema(f): 8:34pm On Aug 07, 2017
Deceitful propaganda, corruption, ethnicity and tribalism are the real problem of Nigeria

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by HisSexcellency(m): 8:35pm On Aug 07, 2017
grin
"Nigeria to stop the importation of petroleum by 2019 or I will resign" -Ibe kachukwu

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by Ikology(m): 8:36pm On Aug 07, 2017
Hyenas and jackals

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by eleojo23: 8:39pm On Aug 07, 2017
I don tire for this country.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by hemartins(m): 8:39pm On Aug 07, 2017
Any nation that practice mediocrity or values mediocrity is likely to be broke and underdeveloped.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by yeyeboi(m): 8:40pm On Aug 07, 2017
Nothing works in Nigeria because of our heartless leaders

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by talk2hb1(m): 8:40pm On Aug 07, 2017
undecided
Check out my SMS Marketing Solutions for Businesses. https://sms2profit.com
Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by Blue3k(m): 8:40pm On Aug 07, 2017
The House Representatives on Monday said it would invite Minister of State for Petroleum, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu , to explain why the four refineries that were recently refurbished for operation are not currently producing six months after they became operational.

Can we just agree to get the government out of business of running anything? I mean seriously when we learn as a society government is only good at wasting tax money. Sell these refineries let some private owner figure it out or go out of business.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by takenadoh: 8:40pm On Aug 07, 2017
;DDvery simple conflict of interest

1 Like

Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by Jabioro: 8:40pm On Aug 07, 2017
Na so.. I am not surprise at all, I thought the old man would do something new from the usual ways of our past until it down on me that I was on reverse vehicle..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by free2ryhme: 8:40pm On Aug 07, 2017
make dem kukuma destroy am

APC don enter everything don spoil finish

8 Likes

Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by free2ryhme: 8:41pm On Aug 07, 2017
hahahahahaha Nigeria is the only country is the world that export crude and import refined crude oil. How can such a country progress? this is like a farmer selling cassava and buying garri from the market.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by Chiefpriest1(m): 8:41pm On Aug 07, 2017
I think it's obvious that those refineries will not work because some persons , including those in government and unionists in the sector are benefitting from it.

I understand manufacturers no longer make the parts of those obsolete refineries. And yet, any attempt to sell it off is always met with resistance.

I suspect some people in government are working through the unions.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by muller101(m): 8:41pm On Aug 07, 2017
But they say oil is useless.

3 Likes

Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by Caustics: 8:41pm On Aug 07, 2017
cool
Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by No1Tribalist: 8:42pm On Aug 07, 2017
All thanks to that fura-sipping cancer patient in London.

7 Likes

Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by abike12(f): 8:42pm On Aug 07, 2017
but how hard is it to maintain refineries for goodness sake?
Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by free2ryhme: 8:42pm On Aug 07, 2017
A country that is standing on its head undecided

what do you expect

1 Like

Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by otokx(m): 8:42pm On Aug 07, 2017
The earlier those relics of a refinery are properly privatized the better for Nigeria.
Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by riteprice1: 8:43pm On Aug 07, 2017
what a country
Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by zionwinn(m): 8:43pm On Aug 07, 2017

It is not only those elected that should be question, even those appointed by those whom we elected much give account of their stewardship.

Ibe kachukwu promised nigeria and yet to fufil the promise, he should not only be questioned

Nigeria to stop the importation of petroleum by 2019 or I will resign" -Ibe kachukwu
Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by VocalWalls: 8:44pm On Aug 07, 2017
Lol
Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by marquay: 8:45pm On Aug 07, 2017
I will not comment angry
Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by opetti22(f): 8:46pm On Aug 07, 2017
only in nigeria
Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 07, 2017
The foundation of Nigeria is faulty,the problems are hydra-headed and dangerously intertwined.

I agree that the problem is leadership.But given the foundation there is nothing any leader can do.

It is no coincidence that things have been going south since independence,I am not a bearer of bad news but it will continue to go south.

The parts of the countries may be better of as separate entities.

7 Likes

Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by bigwig10(m): 8:46pm On Aug 07, 2017
This is so serious,dint even knw the kind beat to play to this song shaaa...!!! Ahah from one case scenario to another!!!
Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 07, 2017
Control it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Declares Senator Misau Wanted, Says He Is Still In Force / Dino Makes The Police Strong While Boko Haram Makes Them Weak - Reno Omokri / Obasanjo Has More To Tell The World, His Plans To Destroy Nigeria — Coalition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.