Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,296 members, 7,836,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational (20275 Views)

NNPC Spends ₦10 Billion On Comatose Refineries In April / Refineries Produced No Petrol In Past Eight Months – NNPC / Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by kenny987(f): 4:40am On Aug 08, 2017
Why do they keep dragging the 'poor' junior minister? Where is the main Minister for petroleum? Is he dead or just plain stupid?
Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by jumobi1(m): 6:02am On Aug 08, 2017
They should summon the Minister of Petroleum not the Minsiter of State for Petroleum.
Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by 989900: 6:51am On Aug 08, 2017
Chiefpriest1:
I think it's obvious that those refineries will not work because some persons , including those in government and unionists in the sector are benefitting from it.

I understand manufacturers no longer make the parts of those obsolete refineries. And yet, any attempt to sell it off is always met with resistance.

I suspect some people in government are working through the unions.

Why are you suspecting . . . ? The above is exactly what is happening!
They've boxed us all into a corner -- they're holding us by the 'blokus' until we have alternatives.
Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 08, 2017
ourema:
Deceitful propaganda, corruption, ethnicity and tribalism are the real problem of Nigeria

Corruption is actually the smallest problem of Nigeria...........All governments in the world are very corrupt, our corruption is very visible because we run a system where every money in Nigeria comes down from the presidency.

Lack of knowledge.
Religion/Tribalism is our greatest undoing.

1 Like

Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by murmee: 8:22am On Aug 08, 2017
guterMann:
The foundation of Nigeria is faulty,the problems are hydra-headed and dangerously intertwined.

I agree that the problem is leadership.But given the foundation there is nothing any leader can do.

It is no coincidence that things have been going south since independence,I am not a bearer of bad news but it will continue to go south.

The parts of the countries may be better of as separate entities.
You have just stated the bitter truth the North does not want to hear. Talking about the refineries, some cabals, using NUPENG, PENGASSAN etc have prevented past and present Nigerian Governments from either selling or privatising the refineries for purely selfish reasons!

1 Like

Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by ivandragon: 8:55am On Aug 08, 2017
in 2013/2014, the privatization of these same refineries was proposed as the viable way forward out of this mess.

but the same clowns that are now saying refineries should be privatized were the ones that kicked against it for strictly political & self serving reasons...

today, its back to square 1...

may all hypocrites suffer a fate worse than death...
Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by Sunnyja: 8:57am On Aug 08, 2017
Islie:

Kachikwu incurs Reps’ wrath as refineries go comatose six months after they became operational

http://punchng.com/kachikwu-incurs-reps-wrath-as-refineries-go-comatose-six-months-after-they-became-operational/

Jonathan came last week and looted the refineries.
Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by positivetaught: 10:08am On Aug 08, 2017
This is because it is easier to condemn,castigate n insult than to actually perform. hypocrites.
Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by Aura2(f): 10:41am On Aug 08, 2017
Blue3k:

Can we just agree to get the government out of business of running anything? I mean seriously when we learn as a society government is only good at wasting tax money. Sell these refineries let some private owner figure it out or go out of business.

Guess you have plans of buying them
Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by Reference(m): 11:28am On Aug 08, 2017
Blue3k:

Can we just agree to get the government out of business of running anything? I mean seriously when we learn as a society government is only good at wasting tax money. Sell these refineries let some private owner figure it out or go out of business.

Lai, lai, they will never do that. That is their cash cow you are talkkng about. They have been doing turn around maintenance worth trillions of naira on those things since the Babangida era and they haven't worked for more that two weeks at a stretch since then. If any man in office has a conscience, he will have sent the airforce with precision guided bombs to end the misery and obliterate those monuments to corruption.

1 Like

Re: Refineries Go Comatose Six Months After They Became Operational by Barbiedollz(f): 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2017
eleojo23:
I don tire for this country.
who is the country? or you mean to say you don tire for this people. All of us put together, including you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Again, Buhari Asks National Assembly To Amend Electoral Act / Buhari's Regime Is Obsessed With Bishop Kukah - Kperogi / Nigeria Police Establishes Radio And Television Stations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.