Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

We Are NIGERIANS But Where Do We Stand As NIGERIA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are NIGERIANS But Where Do We Stand As NIGERIA (750 Views)

Are Nigerians Docile? - Charly Boy Blows Hot / Buhari Said Killer Herdsmen Are Not Nigerians But See This / We Promised Change To Nigerians But Not In 4 Years - Fashola Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are NIGERIANS But Where Do We Stand As NIGERIA by Eykillz: 9:32pm On Aug 07, 2017
Isaac Newton once said, and i quote " If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." and even if it is by a long shot i have seen far. I have seen where we have been under the colonial masters and where we are as a nation and also where we can be or better said where we should be.
We are Nigerians and together we are Nigeria, it is not the responsibility of any Arm of Government or of any Elder Statesman, but you as an individual should embody the Nigerian dream; for if we cant achieve that individually how can we achieve it as a nation. Why do you think America is great, or why she is where she is today. America has embraced its diversity as you will find that almost every culture or race has a place there. To them it doesn't matter what state they are from or what culture or race, for as long as you have something to contribute to the American dream you are a part of them. Our story is the other side of the coin, for our diversity is what haunts us; if it isn't IPOB beating the drums of war, it is BOKO HARAM kidnapping and bombing our lands or the issue of TRIBALISM between our people. You hear mothers telling their kids that a particular tribe is not good or "wicked" as they usually put it, but yet we all live together and share borders with each other. We forget that our borders should be physical not mental.
The average Nigerian wants to leave the country for greener pastures, when "green" is one of the colors on our flag. Our youths are turning to crime, majority never have a clear idea of their goal anymore, some will say its not fixed, but yet you went and studied a discipline for a set time in a university. Our institutions pour out scholars and 1st class graduates yearly, yet i cant see any difference in our economy. Our value system is dwindling, our girls are becoming "slay queens" and our boys are endorsing this label. You hear stories of abuse, rape and murder everyday and wonder if we are becoming psychotic.
Personally i am always gleeful whenever i visit a primary school because all the kids always have a clear Dream or career they hope to pursue. Nonetheless if our system is left as is, who is to say they wont grow-up and veer off said path.
Our justice system is a stain on someone's window, most policemen have no dignity, they pervade our roads with ludicrous checkpoints waiting to be bribed, the government have left them under-paid and ill-equipped. you see corrupt judges everywhere with court officials waiting for the next grease on their palms. It is as if there is no sense in doing what is right anymore. We have a duty to set our country straight, to love one another, you have a duty to do the right thing; irrespective of what society demands, you have a duty to change yourself and your environment. It starts from the young children playing in the street, to your next door neighbor, to the barber down the street, to the seller in the market, to the mechanic on the road side, to the young man looking for a job, to that V.c living in lekki, to the local government chairmen, to our senators, ministers and to our President.
The change we want is not a one man affair, its a collective effort, if we all advocate change it will definitely become visible. To all who harbor the dream of a better future, let us cultivate it till it becomes a reality. I write to push the uninspired ones to inspiration, to assure the unbelievers that there is light at the end of the tunnel, to give hope to those who are in desperate need of it. Yes we still care, i still care, people still care if only a little bit, i know we still do. our future is in our hands, we can do something about it. if you have ideas share it, if you have solutions make it known. speak out to the world for you are NIGERIA.

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Re: We Are NIGERIANS But Where Do We Stand As NIGERIA by smartty68(m): 9:33pm On Aug 07, 2017
Eykillz:
Isaac Newton once said, and i quote " If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." and even if it is by a long shot i have seen far. I have seen where we have been under the colonial masters and where we are as a nation and also where we can be or better said where we should be.

We are Nigerians and together we are Nigeria, it is not the responsibility of any Arm of Government or of any Elder Statesman, but you as an individual should embody the Nigerian dream; for if we cant achieve that individually how can we achieve it as a nation.

Why do you think America is great, or why she is where she is today. America has embraced its diversity as you will find that almost every culture or race has a place there. To them it doesn't matter what state they are from or what culture or race, for as long as you have something to contribute to the American dream you are a part of them.

Our story is the other side of the coin, for our diversity is what haunts us; if it isn't IPOB beating the drums of war, it is BOKO HARAM kidnapping and bombing our lands or the issue of TRIBALISM between our people.

You hear mothers telling their kids that a particular tribe is not good or "wicked" as they usually put it, but yet we all live together and share borders with each other. We forget that our borders should be physical not mental.

The average Nigerian wants to leave the country for greener pastures, when "green" is one of the colors on our flag. Our youths are turning to crime, majority never have a clear idea of their goal anymore, some will say its not fixed, but yet you went and studied a discipline for a set time in a university.

Our institutions pour out scholars and 1st class graduates yearly, yet i cant see any difference in our economy. Our value system is dwindling, our girls are becoming "slay queens" and our boys are endorsing this label. You hear stories of abuse, rape and murder everyday and wonder if we are becoming psychotic.

Personally i am always gleeful whenever i visit a primary school because all the kids always have a clear Dream or career they hope to pursue. Nonetheless if our system is left as is, who is to say they wont grow-up and veer off said path.

Our justice system is a stain on someone's window, most policemen have no dignity, they pervade our roads with ludicrous checkpoints waiting to be bribed, the government have left them under-paid and ill-equipped. you see corrupt judges everywhere with court officials waiting for the next grease on their palms.

It is as if there is no sense in doing what is right anymore. We have a duty to set our country straight, to love one another, you have a duty to do the right thing; irrespective of what society demands, you have a duty to change yourself and your environment. It starts from the young children playing in the street, to your next door neighbor, to the barber down the street, to the seller in the market, to the mechanic on the road side, to the young man looking for a job, to that V.c living in lekki, to the local government chairmen, to our senators, ministers and to our President.

The change we want is not a one man affair, its a collective effort, if we all advocate change it will definitely become visible. To all who harbor the dream of a better future, let us cultivate it till it becomes a reality.

I write to push the uninspired ones to inspiration, to assure the unbelievers that there is light at the end of the tunnel, to give hope to those who are in desperate need of it. Yes we still care, i still care, people still care if only a little bit, i know we still do. our future is in our hands, we can do something about it. if you have ideas share it, if you have solutions make it known. speak out to the world for you are NIGERIA.

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
It looks appealing to the eyes now wink

Well, Nice piece but One Nigeria died a long time ago. Let's face the reality and stop chasing the wind.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Are NIGERIANS But Where Do We Stand As NIGERIA by littlewonders: 9:39pm On Aug 07, 2017
Nicr
Re: We Are NIGERIANS But Where Do We Stand As NIGERIA by fk001(m): 9:41pm On Aug 07, 2017
Yes let's raise above hate, tribalism ain't good.

1 Like

Re: We Are NIGERIANS But Where Do We Stand As NIGERIA by Eykillz: 10:02pm On Aug 07, 2017
smartty68:

Cc

It looks appealing to the eyes now wink

Well, Nice piece but One Nigeria died a long time ago. Let's face the reality and stop chasing the wind.

One Nigeria is not dead, We just stopped caring. we can only move past our present dilemma if we are united.
Re: We Are NIGERIANS But Where Do We Stand As NIGERIA by Seguntimmy(m): 10:49pm On Aug 07, 2017
I tink abt 30% of Nigerians are set to let go of any unity talk, bt I dnt think it will work out well anyway
Re: We Are NIGERIANS But Where Do We Stand As NIGERIA by No1Tribalist: 11:09pm On Aug 07, 2017
Too much of Affonja and Abookii unity begging has infected your brain. Liberate your mind like Nnamdi Kanu and his horde of zombified developers from the Yeasst.
Re: We Are NIGERIANS But Where Do We Stand As NIGERIA by Eykillz: 6:11pm On Aug 08, 2017
No1Tribalist:
Too much of Affonja and Abookii unity begging has infected your brain. Liberate your mind like Nnamdi Kanu and his horde of zombified developers from the Yeasst.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, unity is the way forward. like Winston S. Churchill said, “When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you.”
Re: We Are NIGERIANS But Where Do We Stand As NIGERIA by attackgat: 6:19pm On Aug 08, 2017
We are not Nigerians, we are just West Africans who answer to a colonial name and country.
Re: We Are NIGERIANS But Where Do We Stand As NIGERIA by Eykillz: 9:33pm On Aug 09, 2017
attackgat:
We are not Nigerians, we are just West Africans who answer to a colonial name and country.

This is the kind of mindset we need to change, you can't reset the past, you can only move forward and make it better.
Re: We Are NIGERIANS But Where Do We Stand As NIGERIA by attackgat: 9:39pm On Aug 09, 2017
Eykillz:

This is the kind of mindset we need to change, you can't reset the past, you can only move forward and make it better.

Look let me tell you something. Unity is not by force. If it is by force then it is no longer unity. Nigeria should be by those who are happy to be known as Nigerians. Those who wish to go a different direction should be left to go.
Re: We Are NIGERIANS But Where Do We Stand As NIGERIA by EmeeNaka: 9:39pm On Aug 09, 2017
How is IPOB beating the drum of war?
Re: We Are NIGERIANS But Where Do We Stand As NIGERIA by Eykillz: 10:15pm On Aug 09, 2017
attackgat:

Look let me tell you something. Unity is not by force. If it is by force then it is no longer unity. Nigeria should be by those who are happy to be known as Nigerians. Those who wish to go a different direction should be left to go.

i get what you are saying, i really do, but think beyond where we are now, the divided country would be veering into untested waters, with numerous challenges from all sides. coupled with the fact that each would be open to attack. the shortest distance between any 2 points is a straight line. i think we can move forward united, with no hate from the north, south, east, or west. every problem Nigeria has has now is as a result of hate and selfishness. why do you think there has been no eastern president or eastern chief of armed forces from after the civil war till date?
Re: We Are NIGERIANS But Where Do We Stand As NIGERIA by attackgat: 6:42am On Aug 10, 2017
Eykillz:

i get what you are saying, i really do, but think beyond where we are now, the divided country would be veering into untested waters, with numerous challenges from all sides. coupled with the fact that each would be open to attack. the shortest distance between any 2 points is a straight line. i think we can move forward united, with no hate from the north, south, east, or west. every problem Nigeria has has now is as a result of hate and selfishness. why do you think there has been no eastern president or eastern chief of armed forces from after the civil war till date?

All this is nonsense talk. Who is open to attack? Igbos are well over 40 million people, much greater than the population of many countries in Africa.

Gambia is less than 2 million people. Igbos are over due for their own country

(1) (Reply)

LASG Introduces 5000 New Commercial Vehicles, Phases Out Yellow Buses In Lagos / Woman Gave Birth To Conjoined Twins In Gamawa Bauchi State / Nnamdi Kanu Placed Under Surveillance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.