Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,890 members, 7,828,147 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Is Tithe Necessary For Salvation Or Just For Prosperity? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Tithe Necessary For Salvation Or Just For Prosperity? (997 Views)

21 Prayers Points For Prosperity / Is Tithe Stolen EQUALS TO Tithe Paid? / What Is Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Tithe Necessary For Salvation Or Just For Prosperity? by xyoung: 11:43pm On Aug 07, 2017
Sometimes I wonder if tithe is necessary for Salvation or just a prosperity principle because Jesus never mentioned tithe in the New Testament.

Secondly Deut 26:12 talks about giving tithe to the poor and not necessarily giving the tithe to the pastor/church.

Are pastors actually telling us the truth about what is necessary for Salvation or pastors are just playing on people intelligence with the prosperity principle to cajole Christians to pay tithe.

Is tithe is so necessary for Salvation, Jesus Christ would have specified and stressed on tithe but no, Jesus stressed continuously on loving our neighbour.

When the rich young man asked Jesus what he must do to gain Salvation, Jesus told him firstly to keep all the commandment, secondly to love his neighbour and thirdly to give all her properties and come follow Jesus. Jesus never asked him if he is paying his tithe regularly
Re: Is Tithe Necessary For Salvation Or Just For Prosperity? by TANKDESTROYER(m): 11:47pm On Aug 07, 2017
Matthew 23:23 New International Version (NIV)
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

Jesus never discouraged tithing..
Re: Is Tithe Necessary For Salvation Or Just For Prosperity? by Nobody: 12:06am On Aug 08, 2017
Tithing will not add or detract from your salvation. However, it is a spiritual mystery that opens the heavens. It is not a religious gimmick to eat your money but one of the operational codes that unlocks favour from God
Re: Is Tithe Necessary For Salvation Or Just For Prosperity? by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 08, 2017
Don't be deceived by Lucifer's tactics, tithing is part of the requirement as Christians. Yahweh hates thief as such Satan would quote the scriptures before executing his plans. Any preacher that preaches against tithing is doom for condemnation
Re: Is Tithe Necessary For Salvation Or Just For Prosperity? by Wilgrea7(m): 3:00am On Aug 08, 2017
tithing is not needed for prosperity or salvation... hardwork will give you prosperity.. obeying the commandments of Christ will give you salvation.
Re: Is Tithe Necessary For Salvation Or Just For Prosperity? by Amberon11: 4:49am On Aug 08, 2017
Nonsense question
Re: Is Tithe Necessary For Salvation Or Just For Prosperity? by petra1(m): 7:04am On Aug 08, 2017
xyoung:
Sometimes I wonder if tithe is necessary for Salvation or just a prosperity

its for worship.

principle because Jesus never mentioned tithe in the New Testament.

Jesus mentioned tithes in more than one place

Luke 11:42 (NLT)
. . . . You should tithe, yes, but do not neglect the more important things.

Deut 26:12 talks about giving tithe to the poor and not necessarily giving the tithe to the pastor/church.

There were 3 different kinds of tithes . There is one you eat , there is another shared with the poor and there is one given to God.

Numbers 18:21-25
21 And, behold, I have given the Levites all the tithes in Israel for an inheritance in return for their service which they serve

pastors actually telling us the truth about what is necessary for Salvation or pastors are just playing on people intelligence with the prosperity principle to cajole Christians to pay tithe.

Did anyone tell you tithe is about salvation ?. Salvation is received by faith . Anything else is for your own wellbeing . If you give you receive . If you pray you get answer . If you go to church you learn .
Re: Is Tithe Necessary For Salvation Or Just For Prosperity? by Topgainer: 7:11am On Aug 08, 2017
TANKDESTROYER:
Matthew 23:23 New International Version (NIV)
“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your spices—mint, dill and cumin. But you have neglected the more important matters of the law—justice, mercy and faithfulness. You should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.
Jesus never discouraged tithing..
Have you ran out of texts to misquote ?

Scamming liers quote anywhere to support their avarice.
Why don't you and your Bishops turn that passage in your new Bible to be

Woe to you, teachers of the law and Christians, you hypocrites! You give a tenth of your money . But you have neglected the more important matters of the law- justice, mercy and faithfulness. You Christians should have practiced the latter, without neglecting the former.

Any Christian that takes a 10th of his money to any Bishop is just giving an offering because that is not tithe. Christianity didn't mention tithes at all, let alone tithes of money and no record of the disciplines of Jesus doing that. The Apostles didn't preach that Christians have to tithe (crops, mint, dill and Cumin ) to prosper.
Re: Is Tithe Necessary For Salvation Or Just For Prosperity? by Topgainer: 7:22am On Aug 08, 2017
asuustrike2009:
Don't be deceived by Lucifer's tactics, tithing is part of the requirement as Christians. Yahweh hates thief as such Satan would quote the scriptures before executing his plans. Any preacher that preaches against tithing is doom for condemnation
Lies
Big fat lie.
The first question is tithe of what? Money?
How many times did St. Paul, St. Peter and other Apostles pay tithe (a 10th of their money) and to whom?

Provide the reference and I will apologize for my views on this subject.
Your extremist views on doom and condemnation is Satanic just like the occultism practiced by your new breeds of Bishops, Prophets and Apostles.
Re: Is Tithe Necessary For Salvation Or Just For Prosperity? by Topgainer: 7:43am On Aug 08, 2017
xyoung:

Sometimes I wonder if tithe is necessary for Salvation or just a prosperity principle
Jesus mentioned tithe in his address to the Jews. He actually mocked their legalism and laws.

Tithe of money neither came from the Jewish law nor from Jesus. It was introduced by Fraudulent wolves who had crept into Christianity. There are many topics on the subject of the Jewish tithe and how it was done online. And none has any reference of money from the Bible. This site has many of such resources which exposed the lies of gospel merchants.

Whether you give a tenth, a fifth, a quarter of your money to those Bishops or Churches, so far as it is money, you only gave an Offering. The correct name is Offerings!
Re: Is Tithe Necessary For Salvation Or Just For Prosperity? by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:49am On Aug 08, 2017
BELOVE! TITHE CANNOT SAVE ANYBODY, NEITHER CAN ANY OF OUR ACTIONS[DEEDS] SAVE US OR BRING US FAVOUR FROM GOD. BELIEVING IN CHRIST JESUS IS WHAT PLEASES GOD..
Re: Is Tithe Necessary For Salvation Or Just For Prosperity? by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 08, 2017
Topgainer:

Lies
Big fat lie.
How many times did St. Paul, St. Peter and other Apostles pay tithe (a 10th of their money) and to whom?

Your extremist views on doom and condemnation is Satanic just like the occultism practiced by your new breeds of Bishops, Prophets and Apostles.

Keep arguing by using the new testament to back your claim. The accuser of the brethren will keep accusing you till eternity
Re: Is Tithe Necessary For Salvation Or Just For Prosperity? by An2elect2(f): 9:53am On Aug 08, 2017
You have to be married to the law to tithe,
but Christians are married to Christ.

SMH at all these false Christians promoting tithing, y'all are a big disgrace to Christianity. You know nothing at all
Re: Is Tithe Necessary For Salvation Or Just For Prosperity? by Topgainer: 10:49am On Aug 08, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Keep arguing by using the new testament to back your claim. The accuser of the brethren will keep accusing you till eternity
I asked you a simple question and you switched to your empty curses.
If the question I asked you is so difficult go back and seek help from your Wolve king of the pack. Provide us the answers here and tell us the name of the shameless Bishop, the version of the Bible he is using and the name of his Commercial Enterprise.
Prove that the Jewish tithe laws were a tenth of someone's or anybody's money. Prove also that Jesus and his disciples practiced that or modified that to mean money, that even dependants and students are mandated to deposit a 10th of the money they received to any center.

Topgainer:

The first question is, tithe of what? Money?

1 Like

Re: Is Tithe Necessary For Salvation Or Just For Prosperity? by Topgainer: 11:05am On Aug 08, 2017
An2elect2:
You have to be married to the law to tithe,
but Christians are married to Christ.

SMH at all these false Christians promoting tithing, y'all are a big disgrace to Christianity. You know nothing at all

Christianity has no such laws as tithe neither the tithe of crops the Jews practiced nor that of money the Babylon mother of whoring invented. People gave offerings which could be any percentage, no obligations whatsoever and no legalism. No selling of tapes, expensive books, anointed water, bangles and wristbands, no endless collection of seeds, no trade of miracles and no tithes of money.
Yet God met the needs of his Church and the gospel spread like wildfire from middle east to Asia, Europe and all navigable parts of the world.
This time Jesus will use rod of Iron to drive away those Merchants of false prosperity out of his father's house. They have made it a den of robbers and thieves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Tithe Necessary For Salvation Or Just For Prosperity? by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 08, 2017
Topgainer:

Lies
Big fat lie.

Tithing is mentioned in the parable of the prayers of the Pharisee and
the Tax Collector, where the Pharisee states;

Luke 18:12 'I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that
I possess"
Don't be deceived by knowing too much.ask the holy spirit to teach as he wouldn't lead you astray.There's a way that seemeth right to a man but the end is destruction. You justifying by saying apostle Paul's teaching have forgotten that of Jesu's teaching when he said he didn't come to change the law but to fulfill it

(1) (Reply)

The Hidden World Has Been Discovered! / Why Must Christians Say "We Shall Never Be Found Wanting" During Prayers / Who Created Satan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.