Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,258 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? (21557 Views)

How Mosquitoes Evolved To Be Attracted To Humans / Whats The Buzz About 5G, Lets Enlighten Ourselves. / Reason Why Mosquito Buzz Close To Your Ear "Answered " (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by timbros(m): 11:40am On Aug 08, 2017
That buzzing sound you hear is actually the flapping of its wings!
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 08, 2017
SweetJoystick:

Mosquito dey eat blood? shocked smd

NO, THEY SWALLOW BLOOD. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by NairaEffect(m): 11:41am On Aug 08, 2017
Lukmann1:
they buzz on our ears because they can flied very fast when they want to sucked bloods.

Your gbagaun(ses) flied faster bro...

Are you small doctor's brother?
Cos you dey kee mosquito well well.. Hain! Hain!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 08, 2017
Well based on what I heard...the male mosquitoe do the buzzing and distract the person sleeping while the female Anopheles mosquitoe is busy doing the sucking withou being interrupted
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by MrMelody(m): 11:43am On Aug 08, 2017
Women always collecting female mosquitoes collect red blood cells, female humans collect our white blood cell Hehehe. I'm not serious o
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by MrMelody(m): 11:44am On Aug 08, 2017
Women always collecting female mosquitoes collect red blood cells, female humans collect our white blood cell Hehehe. I'm not serious o
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by muibi1(m): 11:44am On Aug 08, 2017
Lukmann1:
they buzz on our ears because they can flied very fast when they want to sucked bloods.
Bros i need to meet your English teacher. He/she deserves a national award. ����
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Momcherry(f): 11:44am On Aug 08, 2017
Story story.... Story
Once upon a time.... Time time grin
Mr mosquito went to propose marriage to Miss ear but on getting there, after his proposal, Miss ear arrogantly rained insult on him and asked him how he could expect a pretty young maiden like her to marry a skinny thing like him that will soon die because he's already too skinny. Mr mosquito went home sad and disappointed. But after several years, he was still alive. For this reason, he visits ear to remind her that he's still alive and not dying anytime soon. cheesy
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 08, 2017
Lukmann1:
they buzz on our ears because they can flied very fast when they want to sucked bloods .

You are a very heartless man.
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Teeboi56: 11:47am On Aug 08, 2017
May be u should ask God
Becos I don't no how how to answer dis questio
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by lilmax(m): 11:49am On Aug 08, 2017
ChappyChase:
I am not against mosquitoes bitting me oo, After all man must survive (so they need my blood to survive), I will just see it as me doing blood donations(which is highly recommended by WHO) grin grin. But, till tomorrow, I vehemently stand against Mosquitoes buzzing around my ears! JEEZ Can't they just suck my blood without disturbing my sleep
I just tire o my guy.. suck and go, no dey disturb my life grin
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by ottohan: 11:51am On Aug 08, 2017
Lukmann1:
they buzz on our ears because they can fliedvery fast when they want to sucked bloods.
Ohh lawd
English has suffered
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Toks2008(m): 11:53am On Aug 08, 2017
Scientists have discovered that the buzz of mosquitoes is more than just a way to annoy you. It's actually important to help them find suitable mates.Since female mosquitoes are larger, they flap their wings slower, and males know it. They use the distinctive pitch of the females' buzz to recognize them

1 Like

Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by whizzyleejr(m): 11:53am On Aug 08, 2017
Females are evil...lol A male lion can never kill a human being but a female does A cock can not go against a human being the female does Man himself was made to sin by a female
Females Why, take everything easy and be contempted
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 08, 2017
[quote author=StephDamielola post=59264020]THEY ARE VERY UNIQUE CREATURES.

THEY NOTIFY YOU BEFORE THEY EAT YOUR BLOOD.

To know whether or not you are asleep.
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by ottohan: 11:54am On Aug 08, 2017
StephDamielola:

NO, THEY SWALLOW BLOOD. undecided undecided undecided
They even chew the blood too
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Terver90: 11:56am On Aug 08, 2017
To want to confirm that you are asleep first
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by KENFERDYOORI(m): 11:58am On Aug 08, 2017
They also buzz to other parts of the body. Since the ear is the organ for hearing, that's why it appears as though they come specifically for the ears.
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Martin0(m): 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2017
MissRaine69:
All Mosquitos buzz but the female has a higher pitched sound than males therefore making it more audible especially when it's near you. Only females come near enough to feed. Human females have been known to do something similar.

Hmmmm I am planing on helping my village with enlightenment like this coming from people like you,I hope to have a better partnership with you in the feature,I appreciate this you enlightenment spirit keep it up
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by krushdripper(m): 12:06pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ask google.
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by chara019: 12:12pm On Aug 08, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Every time I hear a mosquito's buzz,
It reminds me that some insects have more musical talents than Davido.
wicked!!!
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by HaywhyleeRap(m): 12:16pm On Aug 08, 2017
At least Davido has 30billion in his account,Abeg who Talent help cool ?
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Every time I hear a mosquito's buzz,
It reminds me that some insects have more musical talents than Davido.
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by alfanio(m): 12:18pm On Aug 08, 2017
They buzz in your ear to see whether you are either awake or active enough to kill them i.e safe for them to feed.
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by jaytime(m): 12:21pm On Aug 08, 2017
The ear wax has this smell that attracts them.
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by MissRaine69(f): 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2017
Martin0:

Hmmmm I am planing on helping my village with enlightenment like this coming from people like you,I hope to have a better partnership with you in the feature,I appreciate this you enlightenment spirit keep it up
Stagnant water is where Mosquitos breed, get rid of stagnant water or pour oil it kills the larvae
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by JaffyJoe(m): 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2017
7Alexander:
I don't think its anything special, a mosquito naturally buzzes as it flies.

Even if it was flying close to your leg or hands, it'll still buzz.

Only difference is that the ears are the only parts of the body with which we can hear, so when it flies close to the ear, we hear the buzz.

Shikena!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by donhils: 12:36pm On Aug 08, 2017
leatherman:
They actually buzz every time, you only hear them when they come close enough.
My dear you nailed it. This is what I've been trying to tell people whenever they ask this question but they don't seem to be getting it.
You've done well.
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Christaks(m): 12:38pm On Aug 08, 2017
MRAKBEE:
We are in the middle of the rainy season and these creatures called mosquito are in abundance. You know the female anopheles mosquito gives malaria. Only female mosquitoes take mammalian blood. They use the protein and iron found in blood to make their
eggs. While the male only feeds on nectar and water.
There is one thing about these creatures that i find hard to understand...Why do they buzz in our ears??

Thy alwys buzz.....

U only hear them when thy come close to ur ears.....ok?
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by anigeorge379(m): 12:39pm On Aug 08, 2017
To let you know he has come to collect whhat belong to him.......
angry[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] cool tongue
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by ikorodureporta: 12:43pm On Aug 08, 2017
7Alexander:
I don't think its anything special, a mosquito naturally buzzes as it flies.

Even if it was flying close to your leg or hands, it'll still buzz.

Only difference is that the ears are the only parts of the body with which we can hear, so when it flies close to the ear, we hear the buzz.

thats no true. Why dnt they enta yr eyes? Its usually in the eardrum...
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by Martin0(m): 12:53pm On Aug 08, 2017
[quote author=MissRaine69 post=59266481]
Stagnant water is where Mosquitos breed, get rid of stagnant water or pour oil it kills the larvae [/quote

Yeah you are right
Re: Why Do Mosquitoes Buzz In Our Ears? by kkins25(m): 12:55pm On Aug 08, 2017
ha ha ha ha! !!!!! NIGERIANS!!!!
mosquitoes trace prey by
1) detecting heat radiation from the prey
2) tracing CO2 exhaled by the prey.
CO2 is exhaled through the nostrils, this leads mosquitoes to fly to the head. As they are looking for a safe, krokro free, place to land you then hear that sweet melody that puts you in a deep trance. hahahaha.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Professor Andrew Nok Wins Alexander Humboldt Prize For 2013 / Nigerians Will See Blood Moon Tomorrow From 6:44pm To 9:21pm / World’s Tallest Woman Stands At 7ft8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.