Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) (33342 Views)

KBKFoundation To Give N500,000 To Ikekpeazu Chidinma UNN Best Graduating Student / Gtbank Dissociates Itself From N10k Given To Unn’s Best Graduating Student / Eke Ifeanyichukwu Emmanuel, UNN Best Graduating Student (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 08, 2017
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Aremu01(m): 11:56am On Aug 08, 2017
This one Na country?
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Kizyte(m): 11:56am On Aug 08, 2017
Maybe they meant 10 million
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by nototribalist: 11:58am On Aug 08, 2017
The bad part is that they even printed it out in a large board. Like seriously

Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by redbottles(m): 11:58am On Aug 08, 2017
Nigerians and busy body, always waiting for fake news to feast on. keyboard warriors. Am quite sure that 10k wasn't all he/she got. Afterall, the 10k will go a long way at mama Kay's catfish joint with some chilled bottles to crown the effort. cool

Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by munas: 11:58am On Aug 08, 2017
You guys are just commenting without looking at it properly...
the award was given by the association of medical students,but it was sponsored by GTbank.This simply means that the students association stipulated the price as their award price and approcached GTbank to bank roll it,so that every year they give the award,GTbank will provide the money.

Its not the only school or department that the bank is sponsoring their awards,so i dont really know how much you expect a student organization to give as an award to their best student.

1 Like

Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by laadtech: 12:01pm On Aug 08, 2017
Cost of banner is even more than the money given as gift. Lorbish!
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by marksleek25: 12:01pm On Aug 08, 2017
and that rubbish big brother gets a hundred times more than rubbish 10k. 10k wey no reach to chop for 5days! Nonsense!
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by jaylicioussss(f): 12:04pm On Aug 08, 2017
As a best graduating student or first class holder in Unn, you get automatic employment in the school. It is written on the banner that it is from the student's association na. That banner cost 3k to print highest.
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by ogawisdom(m): 12:04pm On Aug 08, 2017
Make he manage am we dey recession angry angry angry
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2017
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2017
It's better to offer her a job than give her that money. When they say being educated in Nigeria does not mean you will have they will still be rushing to Unilag, UI.
Canadian visa..........31% loading
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by afolayangs(m): 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2017
Besides this is from medical student association of that school and not from the uni, faculty, college of medicine, fed govt or state govt.

edi287:

Thought I was the only one who noticed...

1 Like

Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Beedude(m): 12:06pm On Aug 08, 2017
sunnyb0b0:

He's even lucky. Best graduating paediatrician from UNIPORT got N250.

http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/photo-disbelief-uniports-best-student-paediatrics-receives-n250-prize-money/
#250 For real Money that can't buy a plate of amala and ogunfe shocked
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Sleyanya1(m): 12:07pm On Aug 08, 2017
Lol grin

Welcome to Nigeria where Mediocrity is highly Celebrated than Intellectual prowess.

A very good friend of mine, Best graduating student in Biochemistry (UNIPORT) received in a brown envelope, the sum of N100 as a Prize set by an Emeritus prof.
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Dusby: 12:07pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ikenna792:
I am a medical student in unmsa. . and d media can be quite deceiving... i was there live yesterday.... That 10k wasnt all she got... the college of medicine gave her about 100k and smoda cash... she got about 250k plus in all.... d media only share wat dey want even if its false
supported.. .. Students gave their member 10k. Some Sug govts don't give a dime. So d medical students association tried. Nigerians don't read d whole gist dey should applaud d association. If it was Dangote, dat paid for the prize, den I would have been angry

3 Likes

Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by twinklemaia(f): 12:08pm On Aug 08, 2017
Why don't we read or process information before joining the bandwagon......

It was from the association!!!! When I also graduated some donkey years ago from my department as the best graduating female student I also got N10,000 from a kitty. It's only a show of recognition and appreciation

1 Like

Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Dusby: 12:10pm On Aug 08, 2017
munas:
You guys are just commenting without looking at it properly...
the award was given by the association of medical students,but it was sponsored by GTbank.This simply means that the students association stipulated the price as their award price and approcached GTbank to bank roll it,so that every year they give the award,GTbank will provide the money.

Its not the only school or department that the bank is sponsoring their awards,so i dont really know how much you expect a student organization to give as an award to their best student.
I wonder
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by edi287: 12:12pm On Aug 08, 2017
afolayangs:
Besides this is from medical student association of that school and not from the uni, faculty, college of medicine, fed govt or state govt.

Yep...but trust nigerians, they'll always find something to complain about.
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by omenka(m): 12:13pm On Aug 08, 2017
The banner is worth more than the prize money.

This is really appalling.
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 12:14pm On Aug 08, 2017
Blame the printer..... What they actually meant was $10,000.......
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by EMIOMOADEOYE: 12:14pm On Aug 08, 2017
PrettyCrystal:
Online users have been left enraged and outraged after the University Of Nigeria Medical Students Association rewarded its best graduating student with a sum of N10,000 to celebrate the great achievement. Some online users are saying that Education in Nigeria is being underrated as they feel that the prize money is too small compared to what other girls get in beauty pageants and other entertainment shows.

See how some Nigerian netizens have reacted to this development.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/unn-best-graduating-medical-student-given-n10k.html

What should they have given.....N10

I think you guys have some difficulty reading and learning.

Who do you think constitutes a student association? Politicians or students?

Abeg direct your aggression properly before you start to raise dust where there is no wind. How many of you paid your association dues when you were students?

2 Likes

Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by emmanude(m): 12:14pm On Aug 08, 2017
so sad, not a way to go
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ilajeboy:
grin una never see anything no bẹ Nigeria we dey.... BTW if I was the one heaven knows I won't collect that cheque

Me too.
I'll accompany the rejection with a loud "aye yin ma baje ni". I subscribe for more than 10k data monthly.
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Acidosis(m): 12:16pm On Aug 08, 2017
goldfish80:
The banner inscription reads "University of Nigeria medical students association". I believe this is the departmental students association gala night.
10k is quite reasonable handout for such a group to give its member.

You're one of the few sensible human beings on this thread. I will keep saying this, majority of Nigerians are intellectually ill, reason we remain at ground zero. When people don't even have the ability to think and articulate the simplest of the simplest statements, how can we develop?

3 Likes

Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Dusby: 12:17pm On Aug 08, 2017
EMIOMOADEOYE:

What should they have given.....N10

I think you guys have some difficulty reading and learning.

Who do you think constitutes a student association? Politicians or students?

Abeg direct your aggression properly before you start to raise dust where there is no wind. How many of you paid your association dues when you were students?
just curious... We're you once a student exco
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by BumbleBee2ice(f): 12:17pm On Aug 08, 2017
If it was just 10k that was given then there wouldn't have been such excitement written all over d guy so I believe more was given, such an amount is ok coming from an association like d inscription says.
Btw that cake looks odious, hian!
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Nobody: 12:17pm On Aug 08, 2017
goldfish80:
The banner inscription reads "University of Nigeria medical students association". I believe this is the departmental students association gala night.

Did you miss the GTB logo by the side? What does it tell you?
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by omenka(m): 12:18pm On Aug 08, 2017
goldfish80:
Good eyesight, but what the hell is GTB doing on a banner of 10k?

If they co- sponsored the event, that figure up thehe shouldn't be any less than 100k.

This is a shame in all respect for the brand.
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Sermwell(m): 12:20pm On Aug 08, 2017
222Martins:
If i say i am very disappointed, it will be an understatement. I know a few individuals; not corporate entities oh; who will gladly put up between N500k - N1M each (myself included), if they were approached for something like thisundecided undecided undecided Well, i am not surprised, we live in a society where immorality, illegality and wealth (with untraceable source) is more appreciated and honored than intellectual capability or hard work. angry angry angry
I have been able to sponsor myself up to 500 level studying Law in University of Benin. But the challenge now is how I can make it to the Nigerian law school as regards the fees. I need your help sir! Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Worlds Tallest, Shortest, Fattest And Thinnest People (pictures) / OAU SUG Vice President Crying After Fight Involving Union Members (pictures) / COVID-19 Patient In Kwara Writes WAEC Exam In Isolation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.