Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,726 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:12 AM

N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) (33673 Views)

KBKFoundation To Give N500,000 To Ikekpeazu Chidinma UNN Best Graduating Student / Gtbank Dissociates Itself From N10k Given To Unn’s Best Graduating Student / Eke Ifeanyichukwu Emmanuel, UNN Best Graduating Student (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Ugosample(m): 6:02pm On Aug 08, 2017
goldfish80:
The banner inscription reads "University of Nigeria medical students association". I believe this is the departmental students association gala night.
10k is quite reasonable handout for such a group to give its member.

You smart
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by talk2yommex2000(m): 6:48pm On Aug 08, 2017
goldfish80:
The banner inscription reads "University of Nigeria medical students association". I believe this is the departmental students association gala night.
10k is quite reasonable handout for such a group to give its member.

I thought as much, if not for the GTBank Logo. I wonder what it was doing on the banner of 10k for best graduating (Medical) student.
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Maximart(m): 7:27pm On Aug 08, 2017
Pls someone shud remind me, how much did Efe get sef in BBnaija..... 10k for de best medical graduating student?? Datz totally absurd!!!! Nigerian Education System SORRRRRRYYYYYYYY!
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Rolly22(m): 12:58am On Aug 09, 2017
Chascop:
What the heck is wrong with this country?
it's not getting any better.

People behaving in an indescribable manner.

Where are we really heading to?

just imagine, ...

infact, it's only a sick person that can define the state of this Nation. No sane man can do that because it's just like counting the number of stars on the sky..

if you quote me without reasoning properly eeh, Evans case would be like yours

Sometimes I Just wonder how we got here, we have lost everything as a country
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by flyca: 2:18am On Aug 09, 2017
TheKingIsHere:
He is not wise because even the money spent on the banner cost more than the amount given to her
Have you thought for a second why her name is not on the banner? Its because the banners are for yearly-use. Its for every year's best student for a long long time. The students are having fun. Please don't criticize blindly.
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by TheKingIsHere: 7:53am On Aug 09, 2017
flyca:

Have you thought for a second why her name is not on the banner? Its because the banners are for yearly-use. Its for every year's best student for a long long time. The students are having fun. Please don't criticize blindly.
Look at the banner closely and tell me if that banner isn't new.
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by flyca: 8:07am On Aug 09, 2017
TheKingIsHere:
Look at the banner closely and tell me if that banner isn't new.
How best can I relay this message to you nah.
Even if it was printed yesterday, the idea is that it will be used in successive years. The old one probably died out after the last use or something. Student's union contribution is about N200 yo N500. How much do you want the student union to give the overall best? Owing to the fact that they still give other awards, condolences, weedings, get togethers etc. They don't prin the banner every year!

I heard from a reliable source that the girl got many awards that day too. This na student play play get together. GTB is advertising their bank on the banner. Shuuuuuuu undecided

Nah mehn, this money dey give you headache no be small.
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by emperormossad(m): 6:17pm On Aug 10, 2017
jaylicioussss:
2012, not Medicine o. Pure and and industrial chemistry. I doubt that any good student will wait to be appreciated before delivering excellence. Your goal in school is to acquire knowledge, whether you are rewarded for doing this or not, shouldn't even be a priority. Except if the lecturers are found wanting or something like that. I honestly do not see reward as a core motivation for a student. My opinion though.
You're right. I do not think she is motivated by appreciation. And she ought to be a good student, perhaps judging by her performance.
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Schoolguy9(m): 8:00am On Aug 11, 2017
Good A.M,
I am sure you guys are healthy.

Without much ado, I bring you this important information you really have to look into.
See The Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Study Microbiology In The University. It is quite detailed.
Please, don't fail to click it.
https://schoolpulse..co.ke/2017/08/see-top-10-reasons-why-you-shiuld-study.html
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by emperormossad(m): 5:04pm On Aug 12, 2017
jaylicioussss:
2012, not Medicine o. Pure and and industrial chemistry. I doubt that any good student will wait to be appreciated before delivering excellence. Your goal in school is to acquire knowledge, whether you are rewarded for doing this or not, shouldn't even be a priority. Except if the lecturers are found wanting or something like that. I honestly do not see reward as a core motivation for a student. My opinion though.
Ok. I had a friend who studied pure and industrial chemistry, been a while back. She should probably be having some babies now sha...not like we, upcoming youngsters. *freshouttavarsity #laboutmarketwedonshow
Re: N10,000 Prize For UNN Best Graduating Medical Student Causes Outrage (Photos) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 17, 2017
Yusufsaheed:
cum 2 FUDMA here n c wer first class students and 4 pointers are paid 60k and 20k evry session nt 2 talk of best graduating student. dis is ridiculous. up FUDMA. shout out 2 my A.G VC prof Bichi(the best v.c ever)

Bro i sent u a mail

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Imo State University(Imsu) 2015/2016 De/Utme Thread. / Private Universities That Are Not Owned By Religious Institutions. / I Support Flogging Of My Daughter - Father Of Kwara Islamic School Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.