Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,101 members, 7,825,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

There's A Malware In My Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / There's A Malware In My Phone (1315 Views)

China's Tecno Sold Thousands Of Smartphones With Malware In Africa - BBC / Chinese Are Selling Tecno Phones With Built-in Malware In Africa / Startimes App A Malware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There's A Malware In My Phone by leonard002(m): 10:31pm On Aug 08, 2017
Whenever I open the Android default browser, it shows me this pic and then opens some crazy stupid sites. I've cleared cache, data and even factory reset. All to no avail. It just keeps coming back.

I've used almost all major Android antivirus software, but they find nothing.

Who knows what I can do?

Re: There's A Malware In My Phone by MarkWayne89: 12:21am On Aug 09, 2017
Do you have a custom ROM installed?
Re: There's A Malware In My Phone by leonard002(m): 9:32am On Aug 09, 2017
MarkWayne89:
Do you have a custom ROM installed?
No. Everything stock. Though there was when I flashed a custom recovery when I rooted the phone, but I've unrooted and flashed back stock rom and recovery
Re: There's A Malware In My Phone by Lexusgs430: 10:09am On Aug 09, 2017
leonard002:
No. Everything stock. Though there was when I flashed a custom recovery when I rooted the phone, but I've unrooted and flashed back stock rom and recovery

Have you tried Malwarebytes app?
Re: There's A Malware In My Phone by leonard002(m): 10:34am On Aug 09, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Have you tried Malwarebytes app?
Yeah. Found nothing
Re: There's A Malware In My Phone by Lexusgs430: 10:43am On Aug 09, 2017
leonard002:
Yeah. Found nothing

Look through your admin rights, uncheck and delete any unfamiliar app.....
Re: There's A Malware In My Phone by leonard002(m): 11:17am On Aug 09, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Look through your admin rights, uncheck and delete any unfamiliar app.....
When I did factory reset, everything went off, still this Malware is still there
Re: There's A Malware In My Phone by Lexusgs430: 11:20am On Aug 09, 2017
leonard002:
When I did factory reset, everything went off, still this Malware is still there

Have you tried flashing it?
Re: There's A Malware In My Phone by leonard002(m): 3:05pm On Aug 09, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Have you tried flashing it?
Yeah twice. It goes away but comes back afterwards
Re: There's A Malware In My Phone by donmarvex1(m): 3:19pm On Aug 09, 2017
Root your phone, install titanium backup and wipe and uninstall browser

1 Like

Re: There's A Malware In My Phone by bravesoul247(m): 8:03pm On Aug 09, 2017
Try this try that. Op sef don tire. Isn't it obvious that it's from your village? Them de follow you bumper to bumper. Just go and beg them.
Re: There's A Malware In My Phone by leonard002(m): 9:23pm On Aug 09, 2017
bravesoul247:
Try this try that. Op sef don tire. Isn't it obvious that it's from your village? Them de follow you bumper to bumper. Just go and beg them.
O boy, the matter tire me no be small
Re: There's A Malware In My Phone by brainycaleb(m): 1:00pm On Aug 13, 2017
I experiences this type of malware on my sister's Boom J7, slows down phone, auto installs different kinds of apps without user interaction, burns data plus I think it converts your device as a mining slave for the creator.

You said it happens even after you flash your phone fresh. This is because you rooted your phone again, was careless of the kinds of websites you visit and how you installed apps.

It may not be your fault actually because sometimes when you try to download anything from the Internet, due to to click jacking and malicious ads, mallards are downloaded and prompted to install. You could be deceived to think it is a genuine apk.

Solution is to flash your phone fresh with your stock firmware, wipe your internal storage to remove the initialization files that could kickstart the malware. Like a fresh new phone.

You don't really know how to handle root on your device so I suggest if you require rooting your phone, disable unknown apps installation and be careful the kind of sites you visit and the apps you install.

I.e if you expect to download an MP3 file and you were given a file with an APK extension, do not trust it!

If you expect to download an app of maybe 10mb or any size and you get a funny named .apk extension, check the file size and id it is not up to the size you expect, do not download.

Finally, malware are mostly small in size, almost always less than 5MB and as big as 100kb. Always uncheck installation of unknown apps.

1 Like

Re: There's A Malware In My Phone by leonard002(m): 12:24am On Sep 19, 2017
the malware still persists
Re: There's A Malware In My Phone by gogeekish(m): 7:30am On Sep 19, 2017
There are factors involved.

1. It was reported on popular news websites that alot of cheap phones are built with malware. These cheap phones get their revenue from these malware (to recover from the discount). Example of phone is BLU. I have seen alot of clones that are naturally built with virus. Examples are Samsung clones, Zero Diamond Plus, Kimfly etc.

2. It is either after flashing, userdata.img and cache.img were not invited in the flashfile.

3. You have been deceived by an app that activate its harmful state weeks after the day it was installed.

Recommendations: Playstore Only. TryV3 Mobile Security. Make sure virus database is updated before scanning. It should tell you which app is doing bad activities.

1 Like

Re: There's A Malware In My Phone by leonard002(m): 7:35am On Sep 20, 2017
gogeekish:
There are factors involved.

1. It was reported on popular news websites that alot of cheap phones are built with malware. These cheap phones get their revenue from these malware (to recover from the discount). Example of phone is BLU. I have seen alot of clones that are naturally built with virus. Examples are Samsung clones, Zero Diamond Plus, Kimfly etc.

2. It is either after flashing, userdata.img and cache.img were not invited in the flashfile.

3. You have been deceived by an app that activate its harmful state weeks after the day it was installed.

Recommendations: Playstore Only. TryV3 Mobile Security. Make sure virus database is updated before scanning. It should tell you which app is doing bad activities.

Thanks, but through googling, I figured out what the issue was. It wasn't a virus. I've fixed it
Re: There's A Malware In My Phone by GrandMufti: 8:09am On Sep 20, 2017
Share the solutions for others to learn na
Re: There's A Malware In My Phone by HenrySilva9(m): 4:44pm On Sep 20, 2017
Oga.. Drop the solution here
Re: There's A Malware In My Phone by lastbaff(m): 5:08pm On Sep 20, 2017
leonard002:

Thanks, but through googling, I figured out what the issue was. It wasn't a virus. I've fixed it
How?
Re: There's A Malware In My Phone by Juandissimo: 10:15pm On Feb 01, 2018
Pls am having issues with my zero diamond plus phone, it's giving me notification warning that my YouTube, Search service is harmful to my device, and I've tried to reset many times but it's still giving me the same problems. I need help

(1) (Reply)

See When Android O Is Most Likely To Be Released / 10 Fascinating Christmas Tech Gifts For 2017 / Brand New Tecno Phantom 8 For Sale. @115k Negotiatable. Call 08038191018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.