Stats: 3,156,039 members, 7,828,657 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) (23254 Views)

Habiba Sule Adejoh Graduates With First Class From University College London / Adamu Abubakar Rasheed Graduates From University Of Aberdeen UK. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by Alhassanu(m): 2:27pm On Aug 09, 2017
Evaberry:
I see so many misplaced priorities in people's life
what's your priority?
Misreading people I guess

Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by Razzpoint: 2:27pm On Aug 09, 2017
Shes trying to study the route to heaven
Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by Alhassanu(m): 2:28pm On Aug 09, 2017
Realkenny:
For waste
To You
For her, it's internal equilibrium

Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by NightHawke: 2:30pm On Aug 09, 2017
Education is truly for all. Its never late to get it. Quite Inspirational.
Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 09, 2017
This is wonderful.
Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by fascowilly(m): 2:32pm On Aug 09, 2017
Realkenny:
For waste

Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by wiringdpt(m): 2:34pm On Aug 09, 2017
Yes, have you tried sticky rice?
EYIBLESSN:

Including their Rice abi ?
Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by onyeawka80(m): 2:35pm On Aug 09, 2017
OrestesDante:

Na to wait for NYSC mobilization remain.
No be only NYSC mobilization na call to bar for law school.
Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by Enoquin(f): 2:37pm On Aug 09, 2017
In fact, she failed half of her courses and had to retake examinations several times.

In Nigeria, this decision by the faculty would have been tailed by sentimental remarks from students and even certain lecturers such as;
'Ahn ahn, can't you see she is old?'
'Abeg, give her a D after all she isn't going to use the certificate'
'You failed her? She is a woman like you oh, women are their worst enemies'
'You are acting like you will never grow old'
'Very wicked lecturer, even failed that old woman in her class and she was even crying'

And the old woman if she was a Nigerian would have expected preferential treatment from lecturers and students alike.

I envy her, I want to still be able to read and grasp knowledge even when I am old. This isn't about using the certificate for anything as most of you ignorantly harped on, this is a woman achieving her personal goals. What are your personal goals and how do you intend to achieve them?
Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by IamGeorgie(m): 2:49pm On Aug 09, 2017
Meritology:
Na Heaven she wan go use the certificate abi
HOW many people the use the certificate.
Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by jashar(f): 2:55pm On Aug 09, 2017
wiringdpt:
I love everything about Thailand.

safe journey ooo (if you ain't there already)
Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by TheWiX(m): 3:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
Who will employ her grin
Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by paix(m): 3:11pm On Aug 09, 2017
swiz123:
Who is going to employ her
Nigerian mentality, is education all about employment?
Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by uss25dec: 3:15pm On Aug 09, 2017
Hope she wud go for service n join d work force!
Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by drace(m): 3:15pm On Aug 09, 2017
I celebrate this great woman.
She is a source of inspiration to the younger generation that they can aspire to greater heights. Even if she passes on today, she has achieved what most will not achieve.
For those who need a college degree, get up and go for it.
For those who ought to go for higher qualifications, go ahead and get it.
Remember that age is but numbers!
Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by uss25dec: 3:16pm On Aug 09, 2017
Wat wud she do with the certificate?
Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by luminouz(m): 3:18pm On Aug 09, 2017
Meritology:
Na Heaven she wan go use the certificate abi

Oh shut it...slòwpoke!!!! undecided
Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by A190(f): 3:55pm On Aug 09, 2017
Evaberry:
you must be a very bitter soul. All talking shit like an abortionist
Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by iamrealdeji(m): 4:13pm On Aug 09, 2017
Evaberry:
OK,you expect her to be flying to meetings at night like your grandma's abi?
Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by tytope(f): 5:24pm On Aug 09, 2017
swiz123:

I wonder oo
Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by toprealman: 6:04pm On Aug 09, 2017
swiz123:
That wasn't the aim of her obtaining a degree. more like a lifelong ambition achieved.
Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by Temitope2030(m): 6:12pm On Aug 09, 2017
swiz123:
so studying must be based on employment,
Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by osuofia2(m): 8:40pm On Aug 09, 2017
See as university fine no be like naija unis with rotten infrastructure ..thunder fire all our bad leaders
Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by piagetskinner(m): 9:33pm On Aug 09, 2017
learning never ends....death is the only severing line
Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by kaima1984(f): 9:36pm On Aug 09, 2017
swiz123:
u of course
Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by dwizzed(m): 10:09pm On Aug 09, 2017
If a 91years can achieve this, then one young youth will b out there messing around.....
Re: 91-year-old Grandma Graduates From University In Thailand (Photos) by Schoolguy9(m): 8:34am On Aug 11, 2017
Good A.M,
I am sure you guys are healthy.

Without much ado, I bring you this important information you really have to look into.
See The Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Study Microbiology In The University. It is quite detailed.
Please, don't fail to click it.
https://schoolpulse..co.ke/2017/08/see-top-10-reasons-why-you-shiuld-study.html

Competency Test: Kaduna State Sacks NUT President, 2,356 Other Teachers / OOU Produces Best Medical Student In Nigeria / Nigerian Maritime University: Admission! Admission!! Admission!!!