Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians (58188 Views)

Defy Lockdown, Harvest Corpses Like US, Europe, APC Govs Forum Warns Nigerians / Our Problems Require Uniquely Nigerian Solutions – Buhari / Stop Adding Salt To Injury, You're Running A Gestapo State, Makarfi Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by PrettyCrystal: 1:41pm On Aug 09, 2017
A Nigerian soldier identified as Ojikutu Ridwanullahi - has urged fellow countrymen to have respect for soldiers and stop seeing them as the enemies. The young man who relayed his message via Facebook saying that the risks the gallant men (soldiers) take for country should reciprocated with respect and not condemnation. Read his message below;

Dear civilians of Nigeria this post is meant to change ur thinking towards us. Looking at other countries, people give respect to their soldiers and these soldiers are not working as hard as we. Nigerian Soldiers are not ur enemies, the enemies are Boko Haram and Militant.

We are facing dem for u while u run away from dem. Take for instance, if there is an attack u cannot go there but to run off the place to avoid death but we with just one life like u will run to it and make it stop. We can die as well because we have blood in our veins.

You have never clapped for our struggles but talk bad about us, u have never prayed for us but plan on how to injure us are u our enemy as well. Before i joined Army, i thought Soldiers were bullies but wen i joined i got to know that since u cant stop a moving car but pushing or pulling it den u cant stop soldiers from being rugged and causing because thats the programming. Stop adding to Soldiers problem and give us our little respect as warriors.

In those days, no one dears try a knight or soldiers but nw not the same. Our soldiers die everyday for the country. If you want to know more, come for the training and lets post you @ Maiduguri or Chad or Cameroon then you will know. Gallant Soldiers pls pass this on till all Nigerian will see it. Cos when ever I remember all I and my regulars went through water fell from my eyes. we re rugged, we re not coward "

GOD BLESS NIGERIAN ARMY,I rep 74

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/08/stop-adding-problems-give-us-little-respect-soldier-warns-nigerians.html

72 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 09, 2017

Let me respond comprehensively.
A soldier siting on the fence of your barracks opposite yabaleft..was asked by a stranger where he could ease himself the soldier responded with stones aimed at his head... Mr. You don't deserve the respect of Nigerians.

You soldiers truncated our democracy and broke down our structure that engendered development from the grassroots replaced it with a unitary system where the grassroots come cap in hand to the centre for alms called allocations... while the grassroots remain in perpetual useless state... You deserve no respect of Nigerians.

You soldiers annuled and jailed the acclaimed winner of the June 12 elections subsequently murdered his wife and ensured his death in dubious circumstances.. you deserve no respect at all.

On your boko haram struggle... If you had not broken down Nigeria into colonies of beggars boko haram insurgency wouldn't have arisen in the first place... Thus you are reaping the fruits of your wickedness and misrule... No respect no sympathy from the majority of Nigerians.

Your soldiers molest and kill innocent civilians nationwide yet you want our respect... No! You deserve none. No respect for you in any form.

Even our taxpayers money allocated to prosecute the Boko haram insurgency was continuously looted dry and you want our respect?!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUsLAFZEZas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tkefs2uP1w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZyk3TCBk4Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vVpO4yDXNU

440 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by alcmene: 1:50pm On Aug 09, 2017
Can you imagine this illiterate dude of a soldier

Na person push you enter army

271 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by succyblinks(f): 1:55pm On Aug 09, 2017
If u guys want respect then you should stop harassing and torturing harmless civilians
Stop pouring your frustration on us, nor be we send u go join army

260 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by Igboesika: 1:55pm On Aug 09, 2017
Una sabi.

Rubbish !!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by kufre2010: 2:03pm On Aug 09, 2017
NgcoboP:

Let me respond comprehensively.
A soldier siting on the fence of your barracks opposite yabaleft..was asked by a stranger where he could ease himself the soldier responded with stones aimed at his head... Mr. You don't deserve the respect of Nigerians.

You soldiers truncated our democracy and broke down our structure that engendered development from the grassroots replaced it with a unitary system where the grassroots come cap in hand to the centre for alms called allocations... while the grassroots remain in perpetual useless state... You deserve no respect of Nigerians.

You soldiers annuled and jailed the acclaimed winner of the June 12 elections subsequently murdered his wife and ensured his death in dubious circumstances.. you deserve no respect at all.

On your boko haram struggle... If you had not broken down Nigeria into colonies of beggars boko haram insurgency wouldn't have arisen in the first place... Thus you are reaping the fruits of your wickedness and misrule... No respect no sympathy from the majority of Nigerians.

Your soldiers molest and kill innocent civilians nationwide yet you want our respect... No! You deserve none. No respect for you in any form.

Even our taxpayers money allocated to prosecute the Boko haram insurgency was continuously looted dry and you want our respect?!!
Are u saying other country's military who are well respected are perfect. Go and insult and maltreat your local security first to see how he will react.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 09, 2017
kufre2010:
Are u saying other country's military who are well respected are perfect. Go and insult and maltreat your local security first to see how he will react.
Maltreatment? Seems you are too far behind to understand my writeup. Please get someone to do the interpretation for thee

268 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 09, 2017
angry
Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by Iamemma(m): 2:16pm On Aug 09, 2017
I understand that our soldiers most times over step their bound,harrass and bully innocent citizens. However, I still feel that they deserve our constructive criticism and not the destructive ones,they deserve our love,respect and prayers.

The hate we reserve for our soldiers should be transferred to our APC and PDP looters from the grassroot to the highest level of leadership in our country

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by adadike281(f): 2:51pm On Aug 09, 2017
Make yourselves respectable and watch d people respect u in return

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by aycorporat(m): 2:52pm On Aug 09, 2017
The respect you seek for should be earned and not sought for.
We know civilian lives you have touched in many negative ways.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 09, 2017

Respect??!!!

when you keep truncating our fundamental human right you seek respect

when you bully citizens who refuse to see u as gods
you seek respect

when you have no respect for the civilians how tf do u expect to be respected

Nigeria army is a big disgrace, a big shame and wash off

91 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by Donshemzy1234: 3:05pm On Aug 09, 2017
Lol. Nigerian soldiers can't handle civilians like sand and expect to be treated like salt. Respect they say is reciprocal.

Check my signature to redeem your gift cards. We have the best price in town. Send in your cards and get paid in no time. #nostories

22 Likes

Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by Nigeriadondie: 3:05pm On Aug 09, 2017
lipsrsealed Soldier boy u compare yourself with soldiers abroad pls be reasonable. The soldiers abroad I know and ve seen dont behave d way u guys behave. The way u guys behave makes me wonder if some of u are animals coated with human skin. Soldiers abroad join queue and dont jump line cos they are in uniform like u guys do. Soldiers abroad dont move on a wrong lane just to beat traffic which u guys do and sometimes cause accident. Soldiers abroad pay their fares and dont expect a free ride. Soldiers abroad dont see police as inferior but see them as part of d civil authority they must be subjected and hence u never see or hear of Army-Police clash. U dont hear of military brutality towards civilians abroad but it is normal here. In a traffic if a civilian mistakenly hits ur car as it cud with anyone, then d soldier wud turn the civilian into punching bag cos na for civilian body una get power. I ve even witnessed a case where the soldier was at fault but was beating d driver whose car he damaged.
So in all respect dont compare yourselves with soldiers abroad.

I did my NYSC in d north and witnessed firsthand so much brutality by d military towards unarmed civilian many of whom were even people old enough to be ur father. Sometimes I ask myself is it d gun and uniform that makes u guys so wild to act that way or d wraps of weed smoked.

During my NYSC, I had rapport with some soldiers and I was shocked with d comments of some soldiers which reflects their attitude towards civilians. The comments are "bloody civilians", una civilians no get sense", "I go waste una", "civilians be animal/chicken".

I feel perharps ur training makes u guys feel that u re superior to civilians but u fail to realize that u all in uniform were born "bloody civilians", ur fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers, wives, children, relatives and friends are bloody civilians.

U also fail to realize that if u dont die in active service, u wud retire to be a bloody civilian.
U guys are so arrogant and full of yourselves as if no be blood they flow for una vein. Na for civilian body una get power but when Boko Haram where overruning ur bases u guys were complaining of lack of weapons telling us grammar that it is assymetric warfare bla bla but there is a never a lack of ammunition when u re called upon to manage peaceful protest of unarmed bloody civilians whom u wud use to test your shooting skills.

I also wish to use this medium to tell all our member of armed forces here on this thread and those who may be one someday that if u re called to suppress peaceful protests, use ur head. Dont be a zombie as late Fela call u. Most peaceful protests are means through which d masses speak to senseless leaders cos if they were sensible and sensitive to d needs of d masses it wud not ve degenerated to a protest. Hence dont use ur arms against d people cos those thieves in power wud use to maintain their grip on power and dump u when u retire to d point that even ur meagre pension wud be owed while they embezzle billions.
Dont let d gun or uniform get into ur head. Dont be a zombie cos as Fela call u. And remember what goes round comes round.

247 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by ItsawrapOutfit: 3:05pm On Aug 09, 2017
Yes Sir

1 Like

Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 09, 2017
Nigerian Army did not get the memo that says that respect is earned ? grin grin grin

17 Likes

Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by eleojo23: 3:05pm On Aug 09, 2017
In Nigeria, we are afraid of soldiers because you can't predict a soldier's response to "Good morning sir". You could end up doing frog jump for that.

So please tell your colleagues to act civilized then they will get their respect. I know that not all of them are brutal but a lot act like they are under some influence.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by emmyw(m): 3:05pm On Aug 09, 2017
Respect? Mctchewww. And They Treat Ordinary People Like Goats

20 Likes

Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by madridguy(m): 3:05pm On Aug 09, 2017
tongue
Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by edo3(m): 3:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
What problems?

1 Like

Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by Naturalobserver(m): 3:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
Coming from soldiers,it's a warning.Coming from civillians,its a telling.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by Apina(m): 3:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
I can see some peeps blaming this young man for the sins of likes of obasanjo and co. Someone I believe might be a brother or relative of someone here, making all sort of negative remark against him and a majority who are innocent of the ills meted out by a few. If this young gallant soldier and his compatriots sit in the comfort of wherever they came from, forming e-warriors like some insensitive brats here, who would mount the offensive/defensive against the jihadists? If you have seen or experienced a quarter of what these men have been through, u would be greatful for the sacrifices they have made and still making.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 3:07pm On Aug 09, 2017
grin
after killing ipob and innocent shia members abi una dey madt

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by DONADAMS(m): 3:07pm On Aug 09, 2017
lol..buh true all the same..these guys deserve our prayers..believe me you,,I know how many have died in this boko haram wahala cos I live in the barracks..it's not easy being sent to the front line without adequate ammunitions and food

1 Like

Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by bellooyin(f): 3:07pm On Aug 09, 2017
Hmm
Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by brainpulse: 3:08pm On Aug 09, 2017
shocked
Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by ngeneukwuewuGOAT: 3:08pm On Aug 09, 2017
madridguy:
tongue
u deycraze ewu ausa mad-real

1 Like

Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by EddyNumerouno(m): 3:08pm On Aug 09, 2017
U don't deserve shii
'bloody civilians' & 'Goats' don't know how to show respect.
Goan find respect from BH and militants.
Lubbish

[size=14pt]wetin be uniform, na tailor dey sew am[/size]

1 Like

Re: Stop Adding To Our Problems, Give Us A Little Respect - Soldier Warns Nigerians by jefferyfargo: 3:08pm On Aug 09, 2017
Igboesika:
Una sabi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Edgal Imohimi And Ali Janga's Ranks Reverted By Police Service Commission / FG Employs Ocholi's Son, Gives Others Scholarship / Oby Ezekwesili: Senator Ahmed Tinubu Could Have Saved Us This Embarrassment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.