Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Something Big About Nigerian Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Something Big About Nigerian Football (425 Views)

The Nigerian Football League And Violence, Is There An End In Sight? / Optimism For Nigerian Football Fans In 2018 After A Mixed 2017 Footballing Year / 9 Kinds Of People You Will Meet At A Nigerian Football Field (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Something Big About Nigerian Football by abiodunolarinre(m): 12:14am On Aug 10, 2017
Would you like to see a live Nigerian league match? I will be at Osogbo township Stadium on Saturday to watch a star match between Heartland FC of Owerri and Osun United FC and I have 10 tickets to share.

The problem with Nigerian sport especially football is the extreme dependence on government for survival. I have heard many people saying government should invest money into football, unfortunately that may not happen.

The only proof that our soccer needs development is if the people believes in the game and also provide their own support. People's support starts from going to watch the game, not being violent, adorning the jerseys of their local team and most importantly getting a better space in the media.

Sport professionals do talk about inadequate sponsorship but sponsors will only support things that gets people's attention. Until our attention is deliberately shifted towards our local games, sponsors will not see a need to be part of it.
If you are in osogbo, hang out with me this weekend. Drop your comments and let's make arrangements.

Support the #NPFL

Written by Abiodun Lawal
Copy & Sales Writer | Brand Influencer|Media Content Developer| Business development consultant (07069597664)

Re: Something Big About Nigerian Football by abiodunolarinre(m): 8:59am On Aug 10, 2017
if you are to support a local team, which one will it be?
Re: Something Big About Nigerian Football by abiodunolarinre(m): 9:55pm On Aug 11, 2017
NPFL:This is going to be the biggest match of this weekend. Check their stats since the beginning of the season.
http://hemmssport..com.ng/2017/08/team-statistics-plateau-united-vs-mfm-fc.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Official: Zlatan Ibrahimovic Signs New Man United Deal / Liverpool Vs Arsenal 4-0 / Chelsea’s Tiemoue Bakayoko ‘not Scared’ Of Danny Drinkwater Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.