Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,877 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

I Prefer A Stadium To Neymar With That Money, Says Bayern Munich CEO - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Prefer A Stadium To Neymar With That Money, Says Bayern Munich CEO (1002 Views)

Fans React To Neymar And Mbappe 'Money Celebration' After Goal Against Liverpool / Croatian President Stormed Stadium To Watch Croatia Vs Russia Match / 2019 AFCON; Corpers Gather Outside Uyo Stadium To Demand For Free Entry. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Prefer A Stadium To Neymar With That Money, Says Bayern Munich CEO by satelliteDISH(m): 5:24am On Aug 10, 2017
Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said the German champions would never spend anywhere near the 222 million euros ($261 million) that Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) paid for Brazilian forward Neymar this month, saying he would prefer a stadium with that money. Rummenigge, who also heads Europe's clubs association (ECA), said more "rationality" was required as transfer costs spiralled out of control.
"During the Neymar transfer I asked myself the question what would be more important: Neymar or the Allianz Arena," Rummenigge told Sport Bild magazine on Wednesday. "I have to say clearly that I prefer having the Allianz Arena which is also more important. We as Bayern Munich must have a different philosophy," Rummenigge said. "Overall the Neymar transfer could cost even more than the arena."
Bayern took out a 346 million euro loan in 2005 to build its new stadium on the outskirts of the city and paid off the 25-year loan 16 years early in 2014. Bayern's own transfer record was set in June when the Bavarians paid 41.5 million euros to sign France international Corentin Tolisso.

http://www.dnaindia.com/sports/report-i-prefer-a-stadium-to-neymar-with-that-money-says-bayern-munich-ceo-2524208

1 Like

Re: I Prefer A Stadium To Neymar With That Money, Says Bayern Munich CEO by KendrickAyomide: 5:42am On Aug 10, 2017
Jealousy kill am
Re: I Prefer A Stadium To Neymar With That Money, Says Bayern Munich CEO by iPrevail(m): 5:47am On Aug 10, 2017
That's his business.
PSG were running with an ambition.. To win the Champions league with this sniper elite leading the forefront. I don't think it's a bad decision.
Re: I Prefer A Stadium To Neymar With That Money, Says Bayern Munich CEO by emi14: 5:49am On Aug 10, 2017
KendrickAyomide:
Jealousy kill am
Nothing near jealous. . His speaking as a sane person.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Prefer A Stadium To Neymar With That Money, Says Bayern Munich CEO by KendrickAyomide: 5:52am On Aug 10, 2017
emi14:

Nothing near jealous. . His speaking as a sane person.
so you mean PSG are insane abi?? we know the price is too big for neymar but make e keep quiet, it's not his club or his money.. let him handle the inability for his club to win the champions league in over 4 years
Re: I Prefer A Stadium To Neymar With That Money, Says Bayern Munich CEO by Angelparadise: 5:57am On Aug 10, 2017
The man made sense please.
Re: I Prefer A Stadium To Neymar With That Money, Says Bayern Munich CEO by emi14: 6:02am On Aug 10, 2017
KendrickAyomide:
so you mean PSG are insane abi?? we know the price is too big for neymar but make e keep quiet, it's not his club or his money.. let him handle the inability for his club to win the champions league in over 4 years

You equally reasoned with Karl-Heinz Rummenigge that neymar "s transfer fee is quite unnecessary. He has right to issue such statement because his in the game of football.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Prefer A Stadium To Neymar With That Money, Says Bayern Munich CEO by ojun50(m): 6:31am On Aug 10, 2017
Business is business

1 Like

Re: I Prefer A Stadium To Neymar With That Money, Says Bayern Munich CEO by chukkystar(m): 6:39am On Aug 10, 2017
If Bayern had that amount to spare, they would splash it, after all they made Neur the most expensive keeper even. PSG has a strategy to get Champions League. Champions League equals more fans. More fans then you can start thinking of Stadium enhancement. Besides does he know how much value Neymar has added to PSG?
Re: I Prefer A Stadium To Neymar With That Money, Says Bayern Munich CEO by lifeispeace: 6:42am On Aug 10, 2017
chukkystar:
If Bayern had that amount to spare, they would splash it, after all they made Neur the most expensive keeper ever PSG has a strategy to get Champions League. Champions League equals more fans. More fans then you can start thinking of Stadium enhancement. Besides does he know how much value Neymar has added to PSG?
he's not. Get your facts right.
Re: I Prefer A Stadium To Neymar With That Money, Says Bayern Munich CEO by chukkystar(m): 8:30am On Aug 10, 2017
lifeispeace:
he's not. Get your facts right.
i mean at the time they bought him
Re: I Prefer A Stadium To Neymar With That Money, Says Bayern Munich CEO by tck2000(m): 11:37am On Sep 03, 2019
wenger snr

(1) (Reply)

Champions League Draw Preview: Who Will Chelsea, Man U And Co Face? / Breaking News: Russia Banned From The 2018 Winter Olympics In Pyeongchang / Moses Odubajo Returns!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.