Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,434 members, 7,864,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:58 AM

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 10/8/17 I Go A Fishing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 10/8/17 I Go A Fishing (299 Views)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 22/8/17 Children :god's Called Axe / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 18/8/17 Why Am I Here? / CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 9/8/17 God Can Do It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

CAC Living Water Daily Devotional 10/8/17 I Go A Fishing by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 10, 2017
*CAC LIVING DAILY DEVOTIONAL...*
*Date:* Thursday, August 10, 2017

*Topic:* I GO A FISHING
*Read:* John 21:1-17

*MEMORISE:* _So he called ten of his servants and gave them ten minas, 'put this money to work, he said, until I come back.'_ *(Luke 19:13)*

*EXPOSITION*
Jesus Christ had been with His disciples for some years, teaching and discipling them for the task ahead. Immediately He was crucified and buried, they agreed to go a fishing, in line with the move of their natural leader, Peter, in order to redeem the time and not be idle. That night, providence so ordered it that they caught nothing, until Jesus Christ showed up.

After they had dined, Peter was conscious of himself that he had incurred his Master's displeasuregoing afishing. Jesus called him to order and re-echoed the Great Commission to him, and by extension, the other disciples then, and those of us now.

As children of our loving Father, He has committed the task of Evangelism into our hands. Are we still on the track? Majority of Christians, who are expected to be the redeemed of the Lord, are now pursuing wrong things, pretending to be about the Master's business. They have shifted their concentration from fishing for Christ to fishing for themselves. We have sub-changed the work of our Master, Jesus, and that is why a lot of church activities have replaced evangelism today. Church activities are gaining more ground in the fold of Christ at the expense of evangelism. Souls are out there ripe for harvest, while several Christians keep struggling for bread at the table.

There is the clarion call for us to rise to the task, given unto us by our Master, Jesus Christ (Mark 16:15). May we not be found wanting when He returns.

*PRAYER POINTS*
*1.* Lord, help me to see and take Your business the way You do.
*2.* Father, empower the missionaries in their various mission fields to accomplish the task given to them, by You.
*3.* Lord, let there be revival of repentance in our nation.

*EXTRA READING FOR TODAY:* Deuteronomy 5-
Remain Blessed

(1) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo And His Wife Celebrate 35th Wedding Anniversary / The Grace Message / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.