Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,318 members, 7,819,079 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria (14875 Views)

My Fond Memories Of Fela – TV Presenter, Yeni Kuti / Yeni Kuti Shares Cute Photo With Her Grandchild / Lola Omotayo Breaks Silence On "Using Juju To Split P'square's Family" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by NCAN(m): 11:30am On Aug 10, 2017
But with the blast shield down even see!
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 10, 2017
Na amala solution be this. Soon they will need few skulls to activate it.

She says 'our money' as if it even came from her desolate region. Mtscheww

1 Like

Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 10, 2017
Well said

But our poliTHIEFcians no go gree. Dem fear juju like MAD

Awon ole buruku angry
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by Dannyset(m): 11:31am On Aug 10, 2017
Our Politicians will still find their way around it. Their corruption is inbuilt and follow come.

1 Like

Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by Kokaine(m): 11:32am On Aug 10, 2017
i see this thread leading to another debate about the efficacy of juju or ogun
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by pweetiedee(m): 11:32am On Aug 10, 2017
NothingDoMe:
Afonja and juju
Juju for killing and snatching of husband or wife- Igbo's
Love portion (juju)- Hausa/Fulani
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by feelgoodstuffs(m): 11:33am On Aug 10, 2017
Good idea but the looters won't agree
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by kingrt2(m): 11:33am On Aug 10, 2017
No comment see signature
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by 0b100100111: 11:34am On Aug 10, 2017
Truth!

Glaring that our major religions re not potent!

They jokingly swear with it!
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by ahamonyeka(m): 11:35am On Aug 10, 2017
The useless people will still have a way to manipulate it I trust naija politicians.
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by Bondesniger(m): 11:36am On Aug 10, 2017
Abami Eda gave birth to Abami children
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by cristianisraeli: 11:36am On Aug 10, 2017
says a woman working in tinubu owned tv station..too many hypocrites..i trust fela..he would never work with any corrupt man..

2 Likes

Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by oderinde151(m): 11:37am On Aug 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I don't blame Yeni Kuti; it's in her upbringing.

The average Westerner believes a life without juju is incomplete.
Never seen a people so fetish in my life.
if u hear say dem karry billion of dollars now..u go dey shaot upandan

2 Likes

Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by NothingDoMe: 11:37am On Aug 10, 2017
pweetiedee:

Juju for killing and snatching of husband or wife- Igbo's

Love portion (juju)- Hausa/Fulani

Afonjas are the masters of the following :

1. Touch and follow.
2. Touch and tongue out.
3. Touch and lose your senses
4. Love med
5. Magun
5. Etc

Gbomogbomo normally uses the touch and follow.

1 Like

Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by lilcentjazz: 11:38am On Aug 10, 2017
seegi:
[img]https://3.bp..com/-0u5hLNsnPj0/WYvdbrIfJMI/AAAAAAAANGI/dLGckSkYDTIwYUL4IuPVFqsFjt8n5w12wCLcBGAs/s1600/Yeni-Kuti.jpg[/img]

Fela Anikulapo Kuti’s first daughter, Yeni, did take after her dad. told Jimi Disu’ of the Classic FM 97.3 during a radio show that the Federal Government should consider adopting traditional African medicine (also known as ‘juju’) as a tool for fighting corruption, especially in official circles.
In her words:.

“Just as Sophie Oyewole has suggested, let them use it to swear in government officials and we shall see if anybody will continue to steal our money in this country or not. I am sure that if they are made to swear by Ogun or some other fearsome African deity, there will be no more corruption,” she said.

Speaking about her dada, Yeni revealed that Fela appears to her in dreams:

“It’s 20 years since my father died, but it doesn’t seem as if he has been gone for so long. I miss him and I still talk to him in my mind. He and other departed members of my family have also appeared to me in my dreams. I don’t know if it is right to say that they appear to me, but I see them in my dreams. I dream of them a lot.”

A self-confessed ‘free thinker’ with a bias for ATR, Yeni also disclosed that some people had come to her in the past and claimed they had messages from her father. But she never listened to them. “I believe in life after death. Also I believe that if my father has a message for me, he will come directly to me and not go through someone I don’t know or like. If anybody tells me that Fela has sent a message to me through him, I would tell him to ask my dad to appear to me directly himself,” she said.

>>>> https://www.naijamouthed.ng/forum/general/news/13679-we-need-juju-to-fight-corruption-in-the-country-yeni-kuti

This very funny
Please how can I create my own topic on this great forum?
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by IBreakRules: 11:38am On Aug 10, 2017
holatin:
I support that, all those lootician will gladly use bible and Qur'an because they know say God is a gentle guy.

make them start using shopona, Ogun, sango, amadioha and their other brothers
lol baba weyrey. so God na guy now abi

1 Like

Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by tunary(m): 11:39am On Aug 10, 2017
everyone is scared of immediate punishment so

1 Like

Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by yusufu16: 11:39am On Aug 10, 2017
I support if it will stop corruption in this country

1 Like

Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by OgaJonah(m): 11:40am On Aug 10, 2017
angryJUJU angryJUJU SKULMINNING LOADING,This PEOPLE DON START.
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:41am On Aug 10, 2017
Try using juju to fight boko haram first.
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by pellummy(m): 11:42am On Aug 10, 2017
NothingDoMe:
Afonjas are the masters of the following :

1. Touch and follow.
2. Touch and tongue out.
3. Touch and lose your senses
4. Love med
5. Magun
5. Etc

Gbomogbomo normally uses the touch and follow.
u knw this and u no fear
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 10, 2017
TANKDESTROYER:
so you want to use darkness to fight darkness

the same Juju and voodoo responsible for the fall of the black race....

I just weak for this folks....
How I wish we can take this Juju out if our culture completely. This is one of the things that has brought us to where we are today . We can see this in the rise in Ritual kidnapping and killings . Let people be content with what life has offered them rather than doing things in do or die

1 Like

Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by Ayjuri: 11:42am On Aug 10, 2017
You Are On Point
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by seegi(m): 11:44am On Aug 10, 2017
lilcentjazz:

This very funny
Please how can I create my own topic on this great forum?
you just goto d category of d post u want to add den u will see create new topic just click on it

1 Like

Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by NothingDoMe: 11:45am On Aug 10, 2017
pellummy:

u knw this and u no fear
cos every medicine get wetin dey spoil am.

Sand, water, woman, bitterkola
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by yomyte(m): 11:45am On Aug 10, 2017
maybe she meant afro juju. since she come from music family
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by aku626(m): 11:47am On Aug 10, 2017
Couldn't expect much, in this day and time juju. And when the one who don't believe in the juju would be forced to do so? Is she slow? a shallow mind.
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 10, 2017
Those in support of the corrupt politicians in government will not like this kinda truth.

Nigeria politicians will never accept the use of traditional religious doctrines.

All the countries doing well economically, are using their traditional doctrines in swearing in their elected office holders and their government officials.
But in Nigeria all the traditional rulers who suppose to be the one to push the traditional doctrines to National Assembly to pass the use of traditional doctrines into law, are all corrupt.
Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by naijaboiy: 11:51am On Aug 10, 2017
People are just ranting on this thread. Even when they know she has a point.

The person being attacked is speaking for everyone but the pained tribalists will rather attack because she's not from their tribe.

Nigeria is doomed! gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Yeni Kuti: We Need Juju To Fight Corruption In Nigeria by MTKbudapest(m): 11:54am On Aug 10, 2017
Afonja and juju are like husband and wife.

They are really addicted to it

very soon now they will propose a bill that juju and rituals should be taught in schools.

ASMR = AfONJA SKULL MINER REPUBLIC

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

List Of Celebrities That Will No Longer Be Famous In 5years Time. / Lil Kesh Biography | Life History | Age | Latest News / Why Omawumi And I Have Remained Friends – Waje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.