Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,765 members, 7,820,672 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To (20009 Views)

Diary Of A Boredom-inspired Photographer / See What A Professional Photographer Did To This Family's Pictures / Nigerian Photographer Tonydoo Photoshops Himself With Rihanna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 10, 2017
If you a Nigerian photographer then you must have experienced a lot of incidence you may wanna term “annoying”. These could range from people trying to teach you your work, trying to photograph kids who do not want to be photographed, the mobile phone photographers madness and a lot of other annoying stuffs. As a photographer who have experienced one or two of these incidence, I bring to you:
annoying things every photographer in Nigeria can relate with

*People trying to teach you work

This is something I hate so much and I know so many photographers have walked this road before. You will go a lot of places and meet a lot of people who will try to teach you you work, like showing you how to hold your camera, when to hit or when not to hit the shutter release, how to pose your subjects etc. Imagine trying to get that cool and different look from a subject you are photographing and someone walks up to you and tell you that “your killer” pose looks weird and then, they go all the way trying to show you the “right way” to pose your subject like you don’t know what you were doing all these while. I was photographing this little birthday party in my neighborhood last week and I decided to use manual focus. I was shooting in live view mode and I had this nosy guy behind me, who was looking at my camera’s screen. While I was trying to nail my focus, the nosy guy start screaming, “snap am na, snap am na, why you the delay”. Now that is what I am talking about.

*The mobile phone photographers

One other annoying thing every Nigerian Photographer can relate with easily is those folks I call “phone photographers”. These people are super annoying and believe me, they will make you lose important wedding shots one day. These are people trying to photograph the event with their mobile phones and tabs, living no room for the hired photographer(s) to do his thing. They will constantly get in the way of your shoots and most of the time, cover the subject you are trying to photograph(wedding photographers can relate). If you are using a telephoto lens then it’s gonna get really worst.

*Assistant photographers
Another annoying stuff Nigerian photographers can relate with are assistant photographers. These people are can be so annoying and I believe every Nigerian photographer might have encountered them. They are not really your assistant but just random people who feel they have a role to play by telling your subjects to smile, to frown, to say “cheese”, to tilt their head more to the right or left a host of other things which you as the photographer will find uncool. These people will end up distracting your subject and wasting your time with their “smile” “smile” scream from left and right.

*Photographing kids

Did I mention how much of a task photographing little children can be apart from being annoying? Photographing kids can be generally easy but it becomes an entirely different story once the kids do not want their photo taken. Well, the truth is that you have signed up for an expensive hide and seek game if you must photograph children who hate taking photos. Just set your camera to speed mode and click away but Read this article carefully before you try that.

*The “I don’t like this one” customers

One other thing some photographers in Nigeria will find annoying is customers who are always not satisfied with their looks. The ladies are mostly the culprits here. You find them complaining about little things like their fingers not being equal and their eyes looking too sexy. Whichever way, you will have to keep retaking the photo until they are satisfied.
Do you have any contributions, experience or queries? Kindly use the comment box below.

http://www.fototech.com.ng/annoying-things-every-nigeria-photographers-can-relate-witht/

4 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by buygala(m): 12:12pm On Aug 10, 2017
Commercial Photography in Nigeria is a dying Art...

These days, everyone who has a smartphone with a reasonable front and back Camera can take as many shots as he/she likes, edit, upload and even print

Apart from weddings and a few other official functions, most photography is done with a phone smiley

10 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by soberdrunk(m): 12:14pm On Aug 10, 2017
Nowadays almost everyone is a photographer thanks to smartphones. Special shoutout to all the 'professional' female photographers that take pictures that make them look like Rihana but look like 'Rihanatu' in real life....... angry

5 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by slyd90(m): 12:14pm On Aug 10, 2017
so true..
MTN just cost me my FTC embarassed
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by Dopeyomi(m): 12:14pm On Aug 10, 2017
Can you beat my skillz

21 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by bannykel: 12:15pm On Aug 10, 2017
The children's part is very true, LWKM
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by sticalmary: 12:15pm On Aug 10, 2017
Lol.
Some will even say, is it not just to snap. Why are you charging this much?

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by SlimBrawnie(f): 12:15pm On Aug 10, 2017
Almost everyone now is a Photgrapher na, we use our phone to snap, edit, and upload. Shikena
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by Camlot000007: 12:15pm On Aug 10, 2017
Honestly am sick and dont have any penny to buy drug
Anybody to help?
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by richidinho(m): 12:16pm On Aug 10, 2017
the photographer that snapped this must be a legend.

hahahaha

4 Likes

Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by swiz123(m): 12:17pm On Aug 10, 2017
Lol
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by chrismago(m): 12:18pm On Aug 10, 2017
Who photographers EEP
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by Partnerbiz2: 12:18pm On Aug 10, 2017
True

SELL YOUR AIRTIME TO US.

Flash us so we talk.
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by Gptech(m): 12:19pm On Aug 10, 2017
What about those wen go complain say u nr use flash, or those wen go say their phone camera dey better?

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by rawpadgin(m): 12:19pm On Aug 10, 2017
photographers can be annoying sometimes

that awkward moment wen u just arrived at the venue looking all dapper, then one unscrupulous fellow burst out from nowhere & start taking pictures of you...........

where u fly comot for my front! Wetin make u think say i carry 48k take buy smart phone

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by kcjazz(m): 12:20pm On Aug 10, 2017
The cheap ones.
Is it not just a picture, my brother can even snap this wedding.I use to snap in the university, If you collect low price, I will refer all my village people to you etc You want magazine portrait but pricing peanuts.

The Photoshop
I want to be like Agbani Darego, you can use Photoshop to remove my tribal Mark and belly fat naa
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by victor8269: 12:21pm On Aug 10, 2017
D ugly ones who always believe that they are more beautiful than your photo says they are
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by kittykollinxx(m): 12:22pm On Aug 10, 2017
photography job is gradually going into extinction
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by AliasJoice(f): 12:37pm On Aug 10, 2017
lol
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by talk2hb1(m): 12:40pm On Aug 10, 2017
Its not Dead Ooo!!!
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by presh001: 12:45pm On Aug 10, 2017
I stopped children photography the period I started photography

OK... the "I don't like my face in this picture" client... those clients don't even take instructions... slaypeople forming swag

1 Like

Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by toyinjimoh(m): 1:10pm On Aug 10, 2017
Lol
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 10, 2017
I'm planning to venture into photography
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by maxdosh(m): 1:17pm On Aug 10, 2017
Omagzee:

http://www.fototech.com.ng/annoying-things-every-nigeria-photographers-can-relate-witht/

Bro omo that first one is so true. Very very annoying. I deal with them by offering my camera to them and ask them Would u like to shoot instead? angry
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by Thobiy(m): 1:31pm On Aug 10, 2017
kittykollinxx:
photography job is gradually going into extinction
How that one take possible?
Re: Annoying Things Every Nigerian Photographer Can Relate To by thundafire: 1:41pm On Aug 10, 2017
HeavenIsSoReall:
Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent:for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
wat do u mean pls

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Will A U.S. Plasma HDTV Work In Nigeria? / 3D Amazing Art-works / Artwork Displayed By Nigerian At The Venice Biennale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.