Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,690 members, 7,813,278 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:07 AM

John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament (38996 Views)

Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] / Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader / 23-Year-Old John Paul Mwirigi Wins Parliamentary Seat In Kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 10, 2017
Wow grin while atiku2018 abi Na atiku2019 is campaigning for his grandfather to be the next president ..
Irony of life grin
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by noxcuse4failure: 9:46pm On Aug 10, 2017
deepwater:
23? He looks older

Poverty makes one older than his/her age. It will never be our portion again.

1 Like

Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by jjjjj2017: 9:47pm On Aug 10, 2017
Poverty na bastard!!!

The guy looks like 45yrs-50yrs old man!

Chai, poverty will not be our portion oo

1 Like

Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by Greatzeus(m): 9:48pm On Aug 10, 2017
His salary per month might be competing with Nysc allawee as a Parliament member grin why would the election be competitive, where is the money to steal? From winning gold in 5 meters lipsrsealed
Runs out of thread
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by Oduok(m): 9:48pm On Aug 10, 2017
The solution to Nigeria's political situation is not about reducing of age but reducing of greed. How many young people would support a fellow youth with vision at the expense of running after policitians that have stolen enormous fortune. When the youths of Nigeria are ready the elders will know and give way. For now let's continue to be their house boys -aides.
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by Emmaskill(m): 9:48pm On Aug 10, 2017
A
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by 1234IKECHhukwu: 9:51pm On Aug 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

He Is 23, broke, jobless and an orphan yet he is Kenya’s youngest Parliament Member

Unfortunately,

With those qualifications, the nearest he can get to politics in Nigeria is being a Ballot box snatcher.

I know u 'll never disappoint all ways on point.

1 Like

Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by suxy(m): 9:52pm On Aug 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

He Is 23, broke, jobless and an orphan yet he is Kenya’s youngest Parliament Member

Unfortunately,

With those qualifications, the nearest he can get to politics in Nigeria is being a Ballot box snatcher.

yeah that's true but its time to change that mentality
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by Charlieo: 9:53pm On Aug 10, 2017
Frrsd

Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by suxy(m): 9:56pm On Aug 10, 2017
Hopefully we'll experience this come 2019 in nigeria
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by humberjade: 9:56pm On Aug 10, 2017
deepwater:
23? He looks older

You know when people grow up in real hardship they tend to look older than their real age...you just take a look around u and compare a privileged kid with his/her underprivileged age-mate....you will see what worries and poverty can do to the human body.
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by StOla: 10:02pm On Aug 10, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Unfortunately,

Very true!
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 10, 2017
While many of the old men here gave no ambition busy chest beating for their grandfather age mate
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by diva90: 10:30pm On Aug 10, 2017
23 or 32? undecided
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by higgs: 10:30pm On Aug 10, 2017
He is too young to be a legislator. Experience still counts. I prefer having a minimum & maximum age bracket for elective positions,maybe 30-65 years.One of the reasons Nigeria had very poor leadership in the past is because some of the leaders were relatively young and inexperienced. National calamities like the Nigerian civil war may well have been avoided if Gowon and Ojukwu were older,wiser,less hot headed and understood the enormous consequences of their decisions/actions.

1 Like

Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by danemenike: 10:40pm On Aug 10, 2017
smartty68:
@23 he's already an active politician without funds to run campaigns but the reverse is the case in Naija. Everything in Naija is money! money! money! humiliation! humiliation! humiliation!

Even @35 the new constitutional age does not guarantee one for a political position in Naija. Everything is wrong with this country...!

Mwirigi is really courageous, ambitious.

The reverse isn't the case in Nigerian. We got what we deserved.
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by chidekings(m): 10:44pm On Aug 10, 2017
Check him out after two years. He will be richer than all men in his lineage.
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by piagetskinner(m): 10:47pm On Aug 10, 2017
how can you say this guy is 23...@beg talk another thing
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by azimibraun: 10:56pm On Aug 10, 2017
They simply applied what is currently being considered as the option for Kogi state. The Home Grown Solution (HGS) it's a political leadership Ideology that sees the people voting for their own resident youths who live with them and know their collective problems. That is the surest way to eliminate money politics, give opportunity to resident locals and develop a leadership nursery for the future of the state.
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by richestjozy(m): 11:38pm On Aug 10, 2017
webbro007:
Dear all, We are going through a recession in Nigeria. This is
the time to help someone out! Things are rough for
a lot of people, even the ones one may think are
rich or doing well. If you can help someone please
do.
This is the time to help your gateman pay his children's school fees. This is the time to give him
some food items. This also goes for your maid, give
her some transport money if she/ he isn't a live-in.
Buy that colleague lunch. He or she is probably not
dieting, they just can't afford it. Give some
colleagues a lift even if to a certain point. Buy your friend petrol for their car and or
generator. He's not walking because he wants to
exercise.
Give that Uncle or Auntie N10k, they're probably in
dire circumstances hence they're ringing off your
phone. Patronise farmers if you can. It's cheaper to get
your goods from them. Eat more greens - they're
cheaper.
Don't go to people's houses expecting to be fed.
It's rude and times are hard. Be thankful if they feed
you, it's not easy for anyone. Give out you and your kids old clothes and shoes
to people who truly need them.
Pay an undergraduate's school fees. Recommend a
good graduate if you know of a job opening. That
may be the only way he or she can feed their
parents and siblings. Let neighbours fetch water from you if you have a
borehole.
Feed a homeless child or person. You never know
who you're helping. That might be the next
Einstein.
Pay someone's hospital bill, it could be life or death. You could literally be saving a life.
We all know how prices have doubled . Some
families may not have food on festival day, feed a
family. Invite them over. People won't tell you what
they're going through so be sensitive and see
through the facade. If you live abroad and can spare some change for
poorer family members please send it, it's no joke.
Folks can barely feed daily.
There are so many little things that can be done,
please search your heart and be creative to come
up with other ways you can give. Folks are hungry, angry and tired. Leave the government, we are the
welfare system in Nigeria.
None of these are compulsory please. It's just a way
to help each other out. Do what you can. If you're
already doing any of these and can afford to, then
well done, if you can do more please do. Keep being kind. We are a very religious lot, this is the
time to practice what we preach and the essence of
every religion - love! The law of giving never ever
fails, believe it or not!
Show love to someone today, tomorrow!
God bless you as you do

This is life changing. GOD BLESS YOU.
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by hegelian: 11:42pm On Aug 10, 2017
Zeze06:
Nigeria has a unique problem...

They clamour for change and youthful energy in politics and governance but no one is bold enough to take a step

If a certain guy tries to make a move (like Kaycee and Co), they use hate speeches, insinuating, claiming an imaginary irresponsibility on every young man trying to swim and strive in this overwhelming political tide..

Instead of listening and encouraging one another, giving everyone a chance...

Just imagine that I come knocking on your door begging for your vote and support,

I sure say una go just laugh say dis guy no get handwork grin

Them go even use that "get da fvck outta here picture stoning me with that big bucket" grin
You are so right..our problem is so unique that we don't even know it.the same people shouting revolution will be the first to call you miscreant when u wanna start it...the same people asking for youth leadership will be the first to laugh and scorn at u....even your immediate family will call you useless... Sarah jubril contested for presidency as only got one vote during primary yet all women will be shouting for fair representation...I tell you naija problem have got no head or tail so its gonna be hard to solve it

1 Like

Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 10, 2017
FOWOSHERE01:
Wawu. shocked

Honestly, I think there is absolutely nothing you can't achieve with LASER FOCUS + BELIEF.

This is such a welcome development. At such a young age. I wish him well.

Super Neat and Clean IPhone 6S plus RoseGold {64Gb} for Urgent sales

New Iphone 6s price=> #250,000

Asking Price => #150,000

The phone is in perfect working conditions.

I need to sell the phone very urgenly for personal reasons.

If interested, please send me a private message.

God bless you
I will buy ipone 8 when the price come down to 20k
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by limitless777(m): 12:35am On Aug 11, 2017
shortgun:
This will never happen here

IT WILL VERY VERY VERY SOON BY THE Grace of GOD ALMIGHTY JEHOVAH HIMSELF.
Let's try always to be positive. I know U are a critic; Try NOT to be a cynic; the end result is cryptic; ALL we have to do it still think.
PEACE. I'M OUT.
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by mikolo80: 12:53am On Aug 11, 2017
smartty68:
@23 he's already an active politician without funds to run campaigns but the reverse is the case in Naija. Everything in Naija is money! money! money! humiliation! humiliation! humiliation!

Even @35 the new constitutional age does not guarantee one for a political position in Naija. Everything is wrong with this country...!

Mwirigi is really courageous, ambitious.
how many party meetings have you attend to know that you cannot win. You haven't even tried yet speak authoritatively about something
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by mikolo80: 12:54am On Aug 11, 2017
Zeze06:
Nigeria has a unique problem...

They clamour for change and youthful energy in politics and governance but no one is bold enough to take a step

If a certain guy tries to make a move (like Kaycee and Co), they use hate speeches, insinuating, claiming an imaginary irresponsibility on every young man trying to swim and strive in this overwhelming political tide..

Instead of listening and encouraging one another, giving everyone a chance...

Just imagine that I come knocking on your door begging for your vote and support,

I sure say una go just laugh say dis guy no get handwork grin

Them go even use that "get da fvck outta here picture stoning me with that big bucket" grin
then clearly you're not saying the right things
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by mikolo80: 1:07am On Aug 11, 2017
Wiseandtrue:
A working economy wink

Nigeria will soon be there *wakes up* oh I was dreaming when I said that shocked shocked shocked

Nigeria?
When Obasanjo would have still being the president if his evil 3rd term was not busted undecided

When IBB would have recontested immediately after the death of his wife if not for Nigerians who used the media to expose his atrocities undecided

Atiku, over 70 is still contesting tongue

When Buhari, not active, commander-in-chief of RECESSION refuse to resign shocked shocked

When Fayose my guy, alias the longest serving governor is an actor in the game of the throne

When El-Rufai who almost gave out the whole of Abuja to his concubine/families while selling the rest off is also targeting the throne undecided

When business tycoon Bola Ahmed Tinubu (baba cocaine alias BAT ABI na chameleon) has Lagos in his pocket and still aiming for the presidency

When Nigerians when are we going to record this giant milestone

when you realise that power is taken not given
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by mikolo80: 1:09am On Aug 11, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
hmmm
for Naija that even ur family will refuse to vote you, saying u did not consult them officially (with drinks and cash).

our (money over everything mentality ) has ruined our country Nigeria to a far extent
money is the only mentality anywhere in the world
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by mikolo80: 1:10am On Aug 11, 2017
Nma27:
Impossible in Nigeria. We are in a society where d Haves oppress the Have not...[/quot

[quote] Only cowards can be oppressed
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by mikolo80: 1:21am On Aug 11, 2017
higgs:
He is too young to be a legislator. Experience still counts. I prefer having a minimum & maximum age bracket for elective positions,maybe 30-65 years.One of the reasons Nigeria had very poor leadership in the past is because some of the leaders were relatively young and inexperienced. National calamities like the Nigerian civil war may well have been avoided if Gowon and Ojukwu were older,wiser,less hot headed and understood the enormous consequences of their decisions/actions.
they were young but refused to read. Lee Kwan Yew was also young
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by Zeze06(m): 1:51am On Aug 11, 2017
I said the right thing bro, what I said is the truth

mikolo80:
then clearly you're not saying the right things
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by Zeze06(m): 1:55am On Aug 11, 2017
So sad but absolutely true cry

hegelian:

You are so right..our problem is so unique that we don't even know it.the same people shouting revolution will be the first to call you miscreant when u wanna start it...the same people asking for youth leadership will be the first to laugh and scorn at u....even your immediate family will call you useless... Sarah jubril contested for presidency as only got one vote during primary yet all women will be shouting for fair representation...I tell you naija problem have got no head or tail so its gonna be hard to solve it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

France Bans Muslim Students From Wearing Abaya Dress In State Schools / Mary Elizabeth Truss Is New UK Prime Minister / President Samia Suluhu: I Submit To My Husband, Still Kneel For Him (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.