Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,988 members, 7,835,316 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament (39031 Views)

Drama As Lawmaker Is Kicked Out Of Parliament For Coming With Baby [Photo] / Valentine Strasser, From Ex-Head Of State To Pauper: Youngest West Africa Leader / 23-Year-Old John Paul Mwirigi Wins Parliamentary Seat In Kenya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by Burgerlomo: 4:34am On Aug 11, 2017
Congratulations
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by drawbag80: 6:39am On Aug 11, 2017
I was seeing his interview on TV yesterday, and he said, he won because of his Grey sweater(d one in the Pic)
Old people in his county were looking out for the Grey sweater on the ballot paper, they said it's the person who is on Grey sweater they'll vote for(he used the sweater to campaign door to door) they said they won't vote for those on suits. �
.... Congrats to him.
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by free2ryhme: 7:24am On Aug 11, 2017
smartty68:
@23 he's already an active politician without funds to run campaigns but the reverse is the case in Naija. Everything in Naija is money! money! money! humiliation! humiliation! humiliation!

Even @35 the new constitutional age does not guarantee one for a political position in Naija. Everything is wrong with this country...!

Mwirigi is really courageous, ambitious.

Now we know the problem what are you going to do about it?

Sit behind your screen and complain?

Go out in the street and garner support?

Continue to complain?

Your choice
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by toxict14: 8:01am On Aug 11, 2017
In Nigeria, he might not be able to pick party nomination fom.
wink
quote author=smartty68 post=59347670]@23 he's already an active politician without funds to run campaigns but the reverse is the case in Naija. Everything in Naija is money! money! money! humiliation! humiliation! humiliation!

Even @35 the new constitutional age does not guarantee one for a political position in Naija. Everything is wrong with this country...!

Mwirigi is really courageous, ambitious. [/quote]
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by Deflorence(f): 8:11am On Aug 11, 2017
23 or 33? How old was he wen he contested in 2003 & 2008? I know he is young but he is above 35yrs and that's the truth.
Congrats to him But OP don't lie next time.
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by maasoap(m): 8:14am On Aug 11, 2017
webbro007:
Dear all, We are going through a recession in Nigeria. This is
the time to help someone out! Things are rough for
a lot of people, even the ones one may think are
rich or doing well. If you can help someone please
do.
This is the time to help your gateman pay his children's school fees. This is the time to give him
some food items. This also goes for your maid, give
her some transport money if she/ he isn't a live-in.
Give that Uncle or Auntie N10k, they're probably in
dire circumstances hence they're ringing off your
phone. Patronise farmers if you can. It's cheaper to get
your goods from them. Eat more greens - they're
cheaper.
Show love to someone today, tomorrow!
God bless you as you do
This is a good piece. I took my daughter to a teaching hospital over a case of stubborn malaria parasites. There I met a couple who were also there before us for the same malaria going out of control. They were struggling to pay hospital bill, I helped in my little capacity. I even borrowed money from my wife (which I didn't pay back) when the money in my pocket wasn't suffice enough to give.
We're Muslim family, they're Christian family but in the South West.
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by salesforce: 8:24am On Aug 11, 2017
Really
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by mikolo80: 10:42am On Aug 11, 2017
azimibraun:
They simply applied what is currently being considered as the option for Kogi state. The Home Grown Solution (HGS) it's a political leadership Ideology that sees the people voting for their own resident youths who live with them and know their collective problems. That is the surest way to eliminate money politics, give opportunity to resident locals and develop a leadership nursery for the future of the state.
give opportunity or youth should attend political party meetings. Do you think you will be begged. Does jamb or waec beg you or you go there for your own good.
Are Olympic medals given free of charge Mr do athletes work hard and sacrifice for glory. Abeg stop waiting for opportunity to be handed to you, fvcking take them
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by mikolo80: 10:43am On Aug 11, 2017
hegelian:

You are so right..our problem is so unique that we don't even know it.the same people shouting revolution will be the first to call you miscreant when u wanna start it...the same people asking for youth leadership will be the first to laugh and scorn at u....even your immediate family will call you useless... Sarah jubril contested for presidency as only got one vote during primary yet all women will be shouting for fair representation...I tell you naija problem have got no head or tail so its gonna be hard to solve it
if you're not ready to be laughed at, then you're not ready. To lead
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by mikolo80: 10:53am On Aug 11, 2017
Zeze06:
I said the right thing bro, what I said is the truth

I meant the candidate didn't say what voters wanted to hear. Not you personally unless you're the candidate then yeah, you goofed. You have to convince voters. Not enough to say you will give them light water roads. They need to KNOW you will deliver.you have to make them believe you have integrity. How much did buhari have in 2011 yet won northern vote but not Southern ones cos south was scared of domination and sidelining and that is what is happening now.
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by chubinwa(m): 11:33am On Aug 11, 2017
such huge success can only b obtained outside Nigeria
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by delman88(m): 11:46am On Aug 11, 2017
smartty68:
@23 he's already an active politician without funds to run campaigns but the reverse is the case in Naija. Everything in Naija is money! money! money! humiliation! humiliation! humiliation!

Mwirigi is really courageous, ambitious.

You are wrong, at 25, you can contest for political post in Nigeria. Make your findings
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by sunepapi14: 12:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
Good for him and i sincerely hope he doesn't disappoint the people so he can pave the way for more vibrant youth to take over governance from all those old fools....
Nigerians, are we watching??
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by lekanaddict: 1:17pm On Aug 11, 2017
for Nigeria where this kind guy wan win where he go even see money buy the form...
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by IdeyFindWife: 6:51pm On Aug 11, 2017
Zeze06:
Nigeria has a unique problem...

They clamour for change and youthful energy in politics and governance but no one is bold enough to take a step

If a certain guy tries to make a move (like Kaycee and Co), they use hate speeches, insinuating, claiming an imaginary irresponsibility on every young man trying to swim and strive in this overwhelming political tide..

Instead of listening and encouraging one another, giving everyone a chance...

Just imagine that I come knocking on your door begging for your vote and support,

I sure say una go just laugh say dis guy no get handwork grin

Them go even use that "get da fvck outta here picture stoning me with that big bucket" grin

Maybe its the diversity, or the hardship or the years and years spent under divide&run-chop&clean mouth leaderships, but one thing's certain: Nigerians are a fantastically confused people.
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by mannyiyke: 7:01pm On Aug 11, 2017
deepwater:
23? He looks older
forget d lies. Dat guy is above 30. We Africans can lie about our age. He has been an okada rider, and he has weathered d storms of life. I know it's possible for somebody to have gone through all these harsh issues of life at a tender age, but this very guy cannot be 23. This a lie from d pit of hell. In advanced democracies, i'll believe it to be true. Nevertheless, i like his determination and fighting spirit.
Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by Zeze06(m): 7:09pm On Aug 11, 2017
You may be right bro...

Abeg this ur moniker, u never find the wife till now?

Me sef dey find wife o, in case you see two abeg let me know smiley

IdeyFindWife:

Maybe its the diversity, or the hardship or the years and years spent under divide&run-chop&clean mouth leaderships, but one thing's certain: Nigerians are a fantastically confused people.

1 Like

Re: John Paul Mwirigi, Kenya’s Youngest Member Of Parliament by alexxo11(m): 1:31pm On Aug 12, 2017
mannyiyke:
forget d lies. Dat guy is above 30. We Africans can lie about our age. He has been an okada rider, and he has weathered d storms of life. I know it's possible for somebody to have gone through all these harsh issues of life at a tender age, but this very guy cannot be 23. This a lie from d pit of hell. In advanced democracies, i'll believe it to be true. Nevertheless, i like his determination and fighting spirit.
we lie about our age only in affairs europe or america...why lie about ur age in ur own country??the guy was brok and an orphan..those two are enough to make you look 60....but things look neat for him now...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saudi Arabia Abolishes Flogging As Punishment / Malawi, Congo, Bar South Africans From Entering Their Country / US Spy Planes Deployed To Russia & Taiwan As Putin & Xi Hold War Games(Pix, Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.