Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner (33803 Views)

Ferrari Threatens To Sue Philipp Plein For Advertising His Shoes On His Car / Someone Converted A Private Jet Into A Luxurious $5m Street-legal Party Limo / President Putin In Finland With Bomb-proof Limo That Can Stay Underwater(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by Bmedels26(f): 8:24pm On Aug 10, 2017
Ferrari can be pretty anal when it comes to modifying its cars or even using its badges on a vehicle other than its own. Now the Italian supercar-maker is threatening to take legal actions against the British owner of the world’s fastest limousine, a modified 360 Modena that can go up a top speed of 166mph – 267 km/h. According to reports, Dan Cawley, 36, of Cheadle, Manchester, has 14 days to remove all prancing horse badges, Ferrari names and “360 Modena” symbols from the 6m (20ft) supercar-limo.

“What kind of precedent does it set when you can’t do what you like with your own property?” asked Mr Cawley. Ferrari’s lawyers support that since Mr Cawley cut the 360 Modena in half and inserted a 3m (9.5ft) section of hand-built carbon fibre, the car is no longer a Ferrari, so he has to remove the badges and logos or else he’ll face legal action for infringing the Ferrari trademark.

http://carfreaksng.com/2017/08/10/ferrari-threatens-take-legal-actions-360-modena-limo-owner/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 11, 2017
Just in case.......But why are they bitter, this will make there brand more popular... ...modified:Uncle Seun where is my reward for making ftc

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by veekid(m): 7:21am On Aug 12, 2017
Rich against wealthy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by swiz123(m): 7:22am On Aug 12, 2017
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by nairaman66(m): 7:22am On Aug 12, 2017
I totally see no reason for legal action! The guy was just having fun

38 Likes

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by nairaman66(m): 7:22am On Aug 12, 2017
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by swiz123(m): 7:22am On Aug 12, 2017
Ok
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 7:23am On Aug 12, 2017
How anal take enta d topic

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by olatwo(m): 7:23am On Aug 12, 2017
Long thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by johnjay4u2u(m): 7:23am On Aug 12, 2017
in case
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by KendrickAyomide: 7:23am On Aug 12, 2017
undecided this moded vashon ugly no be small

6 Likes

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by ABUTHAOBAN(m): 7:23am On Aug 12, 2017
Whaoh
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by modsfucker: 7:23am On Aug 12, 2017
Imagine the useless Oyibo people

Imagine me getting sued on top my own property

This is nonsense and doesn't make meaning to me

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by Snow5(m): 7:23am On Aug 12, 2017
I think Ferrari Is mad!!!
Legal action kee you there.. Lols
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by sommyblaze(m): 7:23am On Aug 12, 2017
U say? Just because of badge Una dey be ANAL? Who Una badge epp biko E go bring Bubu back?? E go pay my final year school fees? Oya shift!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by Donshemzy1234: 7:24am On Aug 12, 2017
Check my signature to redeem your gift cards
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by om4success(m): 7:25am On Aug 12, 2017
After paying millions for the car

2 Likes

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by shegzan(m): 7:26am On Aug 12, 2017
na Ferrari sabi oo... me kuku like as dis one take long!�

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by whitebeard(m): 7:26am On Aug 12, 2017
who owns the car, Ferrari or the man.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by takenadoh: 7:28am On Aug 12, 2017
Well they have a point before people will start putting the horse on Danfo and it's value will drop

4 Likes

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by naptu2: 7:29am On Aug 12, 2017
The famous musician, Liberace, created a Volksroyce in the 1960s (it's a mashup of a Volkswagen Beetle and a Rolls Royce). This created a demand for similar cars and several companies started making Volksroyces.

Rolls Royce sued all of the companies and forced them to stop making Volksroyces.

However, coach builders in Nigeria continued making Volksroyces well into the 1980s.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by Reference(m): 7:30am On Aug 12, 2017
They are absolutely correct. It is no longer a Ferrari and should not be identified with them, their brand or their representations. You cannot put kunu in a coke bottle and call it coke. Simple. The public above all should understand that because we donot know the man's intentions and where this could consequentially lead to.If he wants to do a Brabus or AMG he should contact Ferrari and deal.

36 Likes

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by arantess: 7:31am On Aug 12, 2017
modsfucker:
Imagine the useless Oyibo people

Imagine me getting sued on top my own property

This is nonsense and doesn't make meaning to me
There maybe terms and conditions which most people don't usually read when purchasing stuff..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by joey150(m): 7:32am On Aug 12, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:
How anal take enta d topic

The moment you find out please let me know.

Me sef i dey wonder

7 Likes

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by dfrost: 7:33am On Aug 12, 2017
takenadoh:
Well they have a point before people will start putting the horse on Danfo and it's value will drop

cheesy Guy where did you buy your sense of humour? I don die cheesy grin.

OP please next time put up an image of the 360 Modena so that people will know what wickedness this man has done this beautiful car.

3 Likes

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by Reference(m): 7:34am On Aug 12, 2017
whitebeard:
who owns the car, Ferrari or the man.

He should remove the badge, simple. You can establish Chelsea football Club of Isale Eko but when you copyright on their badge and other paraphernalia you will be slammed by FIFA and risk legal action.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by ola5858: 7:34am On Aug 12, 2017
REmove their logo and but CAWRARRI shekena.

1 Like

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by fixedhollies(m): 7:35am On Aug 12, 2017
It simply means they can no longer guarantee that limo as their product!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by patrickmuf(m): 7:35am On Aug 12, 2017
Ferrari is right here...

4 Likes

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by donpata(m): 7:37am On Aug 12, 2017
Rubbish. Did they gift him the car or did they sell it to him cheap so that he does not modify it? That's nonsense. They should be glad he bought a Ferrari in the first instance.
Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by modsfucker: 7:38am On Aug 12, 2017
arantess:

There maybe terms and conditions which most people don't usually read when purchasing stuff..

Would those T&C apply to me if I am not the first buyer of the car?

Let's say I bought it from a person that also bought it from another person that bought it from the original buyer.

3 Likes

Re: Ferrari Threatens To Take Legal Actions Against 360 Modena Limo Owner by naptu2: 7:42am On Aug 12, 2017
modsfucker:

Would those T&C apply to me if I am not the first buyer of the car?

Let's say I bought it from a person that also bought it from another person that bought it from the original buyer.

You own the car, but you don't own the trademark (Ferrari name, Ferrari logo, etc).

13 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Reliable Is Kia? / Honda Launches First Unit Of HR-V Assembled In Nigeria - Photos / Which Of These Cars Should I Go For As My First Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.