Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

6 Mistakes In Davido “IF” Song You Surely Never Noticed – But Made It More Beaut - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 6 Mistakes In Davido “IF” Song You Surely Never Noticed – But Made It More Beaut (4259 Views)

Albino Sisters Born 12 Years Apart Stun The World With Their Extraordinary Beaut / Joy Ezenobie Dies: Video Vixen In Davido's Song, Dodo Is Dead / Illuminati Symbols In Davido's 'IF' Music Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Mistakes In Davido “IF” Song You Surely Never Noticed – But Made It More Beaut by Freshvibesblog(m): 9:38pm On Aug 10, 2017
Davido’s “if” is a great song, a bombshell hit song which has been topping major African charts. But many of you most definitely failed to noticed some little mistakes that occurred in the song, not that this mistakes are negative but they further made the song the perfect hit it is. Based on who Davido is, anyways. Here are 6 mistakes in Davido “If” song you never noticed that made it more beautiful

1. The beat was long cooked before Davido got his lyrics complete, though it was perfectly cooked to Davido’s taste but you guys will not believe that the fans most favorite part “30 billion for the account” was not part of the written down lyrics but a brilliant cover up by Davido

2. “Girl you are beautifultu”

The “Beautifultu” in the line was just beautiful that was elongated to make rhymes with the succeeding lines and to better key with the beat. For if not, whatever “beautifultu” means, who knows?

3. See me”burukutu”

Well, guess that’s doesn’t make much sense as in “See me burukutu” was he trying to say “he’s drunk with burukutu or something, if so it’s incomprehensible the way he put it

4. And ” For your love e tutu”

“Tutu” is a word in Yoruba which means “cold”. Well anyone can tell y’all a cold love ain’t no love at all. A love gone cold. It should rather be hot. Ask Tiwa Savage “Ife wa gbona”

5. ” O baby carry sense o

Carry sense or make sense? Well carry sense as a pidgin can actually being use as being sensible which is different from “Make sense” which can be use almost anyhow and still goes right.

6. “What is up to you?”

There’s no word like that in English Language. Examples of correct usages are “What are you up to” “What are you up for” and so on.

Full list with Pictures is here
http://www.freshvibesblog.com/2017/08/6-mistakes-in-davido-if-song-you-surely.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: 6 Mistakes In Davido “IF” Song You Surely Never Noticed – But Made It More Beaut by TemmyWon(f): 9:48pm On Aug 10, 2017
How much did he buy the song from Runtown ?
7th mistake: I'm sure he didn't pay for fall on you. same writer or are they siblings?

1 Like

Re: 6 Mistakes In Davido “IF” Song You Surely Never Noticed – But Made It More Beaut by FOWOSHERE01(m): 9:49pm On Aug 10, 2017
TemmyWon:
7th mistake: I'm sure he didn't pay for fall on you. same writer or are they siblings?

Same beat and rhythm

2 Likes

Re: 6 Mistakes In Davido “IF” Song You Surely Never Noticed – But Made It More Beaut by pressplay411(m): 9:58pm On Aug 10, 2017
TemmyWon:

Tekno u mean.
Nice observation. Very few Nigerian songs lyrics make sense when dissected.

1 Like

Re: 6 Mistakes In Davido “IF” Song You Surely Never Noticed – But Made It More Beaut by holluphemydavid(m): 10:04pm On Aug 10, 2017
Re: 6 Mistakes In Davido “IF” Song You Surely Never Noticed – But Made It More Beaut by TemmyWon(f): 10:07pm On Aug 10, 2017
pressplay411:

Tekno u mean.
Nice observation. Very few Nigerian songs lyrics make sense when dissected.
NO NO No Runtown emphatically. my boss subjects me to hours of Runtown on repeat.
Re: 6 Mistakes In Davido “IF” Song You Surely Never Noticed – But Made It More Beaut by BLACKdagger: 10:19pm On Aug 10, 2017
Dnt like davido songs.. fall and if.
Exactly d dame song.

Runtown is d dopest of all naija musicians .
Dude is talented..
Re: 6 Mistakes In Davido “IF” Song You Surely Never Noticed – But Made It More Beaut by def111(m): 10:27pm On Aug 10, 2017
Some people no get work oh.... How many song you don check the lyrics... Data price over cheap now, that why all this nonsense
Re: 6 Mistakes In Davido “IF” Song You Surely Never Noticed – But Made It More Beaut by Pusyiter(m): 10:47pm On Aug 10, 2017
Most 9ja songs are poor in lyrics and lack sense. That's why we cant near Grammy. You can not compare songs in the 70's, 80's or even 90's with what we have now. Was listening to Sonny Okusun's ''Which way Nigeria'' and Mandator's ''rat race'' amongst others and it was like they were speaking of what is happening now but you cant sing 'IF' in the next 15 yrs.

1 Like

Re: 6 Mistakes In Davido “IF” Song You Surely Never Noticed – But Made It More Beaut by pressplay411(m): 11:12pm On Aug 10, 2017
TemmyWon:
NO NO No Runtown emphatically. my boss subjects me to hours of Runtown on repeat.

It's an open secret dear, even though it Runtown made the beat trend, Tekno who wrote and produced IF.
Re: 6 Mistakes In Davido “IF” Song You Surely Never Noticed – But Made It More Beaut by gozzlin: 6:01am On Aug 11, 2017
That third one is actually "sipping burukutu" and not "see me burukutu".
Re: 6 Mistakes In Davido “IF” Song You Surely Never Noticed – But Made It More Beaut by omobabalawo: 6:09am On Aug 11, 2017
browse the lyrics off all Nigerian songs and u will see that they are all mistake. except for few
Re: 6 Mistakes In Davido “IF” Song You Surely Never Noticed – But Made It More Beaut by MrRhymes101(m): 6:41am On Aug 11, 2017
When we don't appreciate the songs with good lyrics, why wouldn't they sing what we want? They are there for business u know. U think some of them can't make sense lyrically? The demands of the market drove them to this. Ask iyanya...

I go soon blow
Re: 6 Mistakes In Davido “IF” Song You Surely Never Noticed – But Made It More Beaut by Chuqukah042(m): 7:16am On Jul 31, 2020

Na Tekno write am ooo

(1) (Reply)

Seyi Shay Breaks The Internet As She Goes Completely Topless In New Photos / Fans Blast Skiibii For Wearing Fake Gocci And Not Gucci (Photos) / Nigerian Lady Goes On Braless And Transparent Cloth To Dance On The Low. Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.