Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,977 members, 7,817,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? (23466 Views)

Manchester United Vs FC Copenhagen : Europa League (1- 0) On 10th August 2020 / FC Porto Vs Liverpool: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 4) On 17th April 2019 / Lionel Messi Signs New 4-Year Deal With FC Barcelona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Tjiaz(m): 6:25pm On Aug 11, 2017
Well coutinho has handed in transfer request,No player is bigger than the club,but the issue is we need to get as much as we can,100million plus rakitic wont be a bad business for LFC.
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 11, 2017
GreatEvilBeast:
Nelson Semedo's signing from Benfica seems to be the only concrete achievement thus far and with the transfer window closing in three weeks, hopes of landing any major target seem to be fading.

So Nairalanders cast your opinions on this matter.
Note: persons of interest.
-Coutinho (had first and second bids rejected by Liverpool)

-Verratti (personal terms were agreed but an adamant PSG refused to sell. plus there's the Neymar Issue)

-Dembele (seems feasible at the moment although BVB have reiterated he's not for sale)

There's a boatload of others but these are Barcelona's major targets especially given the space left by the Brazilian(Neymar Jr).

Personally I think it all boils down to Greed as every club wants to have a huge slice of the "Neymar transfer money" (€222 million). going at this rate the philosophy of football and the beautiful game would be lost In a grotesque attempt by clubs to over-price it.

But that's just my opinion.
I want to know why my Club has difficulty signing players.

Neymar is not overpriced.
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Alexander001(m): 7:40pm On Aug 11, 2017
Omotaday:
Likes of Asensio, kovasic, nacho and vaquez have been playing in big matches and winning trophies, thanks to Zidane. Why can't Deoluefo, tello if recalled and sergi roberto do the same?. Barca has so many potentials. We have been spending since the last 3 season, what is the outcome?.

cc bykebyke
you are really fun. you don't know how to face bayern with sergi roberto as winger. That night would really be dark and full of terror.
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Alexander001(m): 7:55pm On Aug 11, 2017
bykebyke:

Same Sergi Roberto that couldn't even impress against Chapecoense that played with their 5th XI after losing their 1-4 XI in a plane crash? undecided

He can be a decent midfielder..."decent" being the keyword,and that's just it.(Barcelona needs more than decent)

We need a left winger and a controlling midfielder....I don't give a shït if the midfielder does not score goals.
much respect bro. You criticize constructively not those fans that follow their club blindly without knowing a damn thing. How long have you been a barca fan?
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Alexander001(m): 8:09pm On Aug 11, 2017
chukzyfcbb:
Its no brainer really. Barcelona has awful handling in the transfer market.
They always sell low and buy high.
From the buying of Andre Gomez to Douglas to Mathieu, Barcelona board are known for buying shitty players at prices way beyond their market value.

Also the timing of their buy is also too obvious and stupid. I remember when we were in need of a defender and we got vermalene and Mathieu. Can you beat such stupidity?

How about when we sold? Fabregas was given away at price of bread and some that had left.

I don't see Dembele as a super star that should near 100m, for what!!! A one season wonder?

We have
- Arda turan
- Munir
- Deulofeu
these are all potential wingers, with Turan being the most experienced.

we can make do with those ones before January transfer when some key players may force a move out of their clubs eg Sanchez

Simple, we need to trust in the players we got.
Arda turan and Munir were blazing at the start of the season when Neynar was at at the Olympics.

Who says they can't fill up the spot. Left for me, Demebele is no better than Arda turan! Because of neynar, every club now screams 100m for their player even when they don't worth it.

Does demebele worth 100m? rubbish!!!
dembele is not worth 100m yes I agree but any player worth 222m?
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 11, 2017
Alexander001:
much respect bro. You criticize constructively not those fans that follow their club blindly without knowing a damn thing. How long have you been a barca fan?
13years bro.
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Alexander001(m): 8:45pm On Aug 11, 2017
bykebyke:
13years bro.
nice. I have been a United fan since 2004 .
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Soso990240(m): 9:47pm On Aug 11, 2017
azpekuliar:

In Rijkaard's last season as manager, Messi had already made the right wing his own. Xavi was bossing the midfield with Iniesta and Yaya Toure already. Matter of fact, Xavi was already vice-captain.
Oga i dont argue much. It was Guardiola dat approved d sale of Deco and Ronaldinho so as to give D younger players (Messi,Iniesta and Xavi)more playing time. take It or leave It. Pep took charge 2008,Deco and Ronaldinho were sold same 2008 to Chelsea and Ac milan.Dont argue blindly. Xavi was never d vice Captain wen Deco,Ronaldinho and Puyol were together.

1 Like

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by chukzyfcbb: 10:45pm On Aug 11, 2017
Alexander001:
dembele is not worth 100m yes I agree but any player worth 222m?
in the market value maybe just messi or Rinaldo.
if you are referring to neynar, then you don't know anything about football. Because you would know that BUY OUT CLAUSE is different MARKET VALUE
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Alexander001(m): 11:16pm On Aug 11, 2017
chukzyfcbb:

in the market value maybe just messi or Rinaldo.
if you are referring to neynar, then you don't know anything about football. Because you would know that BUY OUT CLAUSE is different MARKET VALUE
Then don't complain about other clubs asking price. after ronaldo, neymar is my next favorite football. No player is worth €222M. what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Your club accepted €222m, They should be ready to chunk outstanding large amount for players and with the TV rights in Epl(man u, man city and Chelsea) are ready to break the bank for players. is Spanish clubs ready?

1 Like

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by oluwalesi(m): 11:18pm On Aug 11, 2017
Keep ur like
Leonbonapart:
Barcelona is a very racist club...
I will never like them
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by chukzyfcbb: 11:59pm On Aug 11, 2017
Alexander001:
Then don't complain about other clubs asking price. after ronaldo, neymar is my next favorite football. No player is worth €222M. what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Your club accepted €222m, They should be ready to chunk outstanding large amount for players and with the TV rights in Epl(man u, man city and Chelsea) are ready to break the bank for players. is Spanish clubs ready?
baba no reply me again, u no sabi ball.
For you not to understand the difference between buy out clause and the market value shows you still need to learn.
Neymar was FoRced out of Barcelona because his buyout clause was met, if PSG had offered a bid of 100m to Barcelona to sell, then that's them pricing him based on his market value.

If you want Lionel messi presently, even if Barcelona don't want to sell, Once you can match his release clause you are almost there. I hope you are learning.

Buyout clauses are the value the club places on you, its usually high when they hope to ward of interest from other clubs. its not the market value of a player.

is Ronaldo worth 1billion euros? Can any club bid even 500m euros to buy Ronaldo? well No is the answer, and because Ronaldo is special to Madrid, his buyout clause is allegedly 1billion euros. So that if you want Rinaldo atall cost, even against the wish of Madrid. Once u can present 1billion euros, u are bound to have him.

Read all these carefully and LEARN the difference!
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by azpekuliar: 2:33am On Aug 12, 2017
Soso990240:
Oga i dont argue much. It was Guardiola dat approved d sale of Deco and Ronaldinho so as to give D younger players (Messi,Iniesta and Xavi)more playing time. take It or leave It. Pep took charge 2008,Deco and Ronaldinho were sold same 2008 to Chelsea and Ac milan.Dont argue blindly. Xavi was never d vice Captain wen Deco,Ronaldinho and Puyol were together.

You are the one arguing blindly. Puyol was captain, Ronaldinho and Xavi were vice-captains in that order.

In the 2007/08 season, these are the stats.

Xavi (50starts/55 appearances), Puyol(45/47), Iniesta(43/49), Messi(34/40), Ronaldinho(20/26), Deco(24/29).

It is clear that Ronaldinho and Deco were surplus to requirements by the time Guardiola took charge of the team. Messi, Xavi and Iniesta were already established first team players who weren't lacking playing time.
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Alexander001(m): 10:50am On Aug 12, 2017
chukzyfcbb:

baba no reply me again, u no sabi ball.
For you not to understand the difference between buy out clause and the market value shows you still need to learn.
Neymar was FoRced out of Barcelona because his buyout clause was met, if PSG had offered a bid of 100m to Barcelona to sell, then that's them pricing him based on his market value.

If you want Lionel messi presently, even if Barcelona don't want to sell, Once you can match his release clause you are almost there. I hope you are learning.

Buyout clauses are the value the club places on you, its usually high when they hope to ward of interest from other clubs. its not the market value of a player.

is Ronaldo worth 1billion euros? Can any club bid even 500m euros to buy Ronaldo? well No is the answer, and because Ronaldo is special to Madrid, h buyout clause is allegedly 1billion euros. So that if you want Rinaldo atall cost, even against the wish of Madrid. Once u can present 1billion euros, u are bound to have him.

Read all these carefully and LEARN the difference!
I was just referring to where you said that dembele is not worth 100m. and you already said that "I no sabi football"(i hope say you no go insult me this time ) Dortmund is a club listed under Frankfurt stock exchange. I hope you understand why they are asking for that amount. maybe I didn't explain myself better before.
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by UD101(m): 11:07am On Aug 12, 2017
rozayx5:
undecided

As a barca FAn we shud just forget this transfer market

And build the talent we have available and keep the money for future use

This current board is turning barca to man city . spending money anyhow and not developing home grown talent

Many clubs know we have 200m now

So let's avoid buying any player for now

Barca can play w'out Neymar, he'll only be missed during 'el classico'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Southampton Vs Chelsea - (0 - 6) On 9th April 2022 / Liverpool Vs Atalanta :UCL (0 - 2) On 25th November 2020 / Newcastle United Vs Manchester United (2 - 0) On 2nd April 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.