Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,598 members, 7,820,146 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! (21063 Views)

Apply For Chevening Scholarships 2019/2020 / Valuable Scholarships Are Out, Check Them Now B4 It's Late / Study In UK Completely Free - Apply For 100% Chevening Scholarships 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by brownhawk: 11:34am On Aug 13, 2017
skarlett:

Your 'advice' is one of the most ediotic things I have ever read on this forum. At no point in your excursive and incoherent response were you even close to anything that can be considered close to a rational thought or even 'friendly'. In other words, you can hold your 'advice' and shove it up yours smiley
ok ma
*at my friend*she thinks she's doing me
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 13, 2017
What of those that have gotten admission already and paid their fees? Can they still apply

1 Like

Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 13, 2017
skarlett:
After two years of masters study, I'll now come back here?

ko jo undecided

Modified for those ediots that think I'm an undergrad
after one year of study, you will come back and stay minimum 2 years. Read again! The network can help with a good paying job in Nigeria.
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by encrypt(m): 11:41am On Aug 13, 2017
vicfuntop:
What of those that have gotten admission already and paid their fees? Can they still apply
So that what will happen?
You'll get a refund?
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 13, 2017
encrypt:

So that what will happen?
You'll get a refund?

You know you could have just ignored it if you didn't have a reasonable answer.
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 13, 2017
majekdom2:
after one year of study, you will come back and stay minimum 2 years. Read again! The network can help with a good paying job in Nigeria.

I was once interested in applying for this particular scholarship but UK is not all that especially when you can go to Canada, study, work and stay back if you want. I'm not interested in coming back to Nigeria when I leave
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by olaniyisamuel(m): 11:56am On Aug 13, 2017
brownhawk:
first.you don't know my community. second, I was just advising u with friendliness. third,i am done with my masters. fourth, u need to stop acting immature and letting small statements ache your bone.

mannerless "kid"
fifth, your English is awful

Hey.. Chill. It's a lady's view.
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by brownhawk: 12:00pm On Aug 13, 2017
olaniyisamuel:

Hey.. Chill. It's a lady's view.
a fish brain lady view
lmao
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 13, 2017
skarlett:

I was once interested in applying for this particular scholarship but UK is not all that especially when you can go to Canada, study, work and stay back if you want. I'm not interested in coming back to Nigeria when I leave
your choice... There are still quality schools in UK. It's a scholarship... scholarships have their terms. Most scholarships request you return back to your country. The staying back will only be possible if it's your funds. And sorry, be careful at your interviews when you are even funding yourself... saying you are not interested in coming back to Nigeria will be a No No. And eerm, a master's degree to jet out of the country doesn't make one's profile good.
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 13, 2017
majekdom2:
your choice... There are still quality schools in UK. It's a scholarship... scholarships have their terms. Most scholarships request you return back to your country. The staying back will only be possible if it's your funds. And sorry, be careful at your interviews when you are even funding yourself... saying you are not interested in coming back to Nigeria will be a No No. And eerm, a master's degree to jet out of the country doesn't make one's profile good.

Yes indeed, it is my choice smiley

I don't mean to discourage anyone here from their dreams and I never contested the quality of the schools in the UK, I'm just not a huge fan of their no extended stay after school policy. If I want to get my masters and PhD at a stretch, this 'scholarship' makes that null and void for me as I have to return home for years again before I go back. There are also scholarships in Canada and they don't have that 'request' as a prerequisite. Finally, it would be really f00lish of me to announce to a vo that I'm not interested in coming back smiley

1 Like

Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by olaniyisamuel(m): 12:42pm On Aug 13, 2017
brownhawk:
a fish brain lady view

lmao

Na u sabi. U quoted her to b in 200level. Ow sure are u or u b prophet grin?
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by Nobody: 12:54pm On Aug 13, 2017
skarlett:

Yes indeed, it is my choice smiley

I don't mean to discourage anyone here from their dreams and I never contested the quality of the schools in the UK, I'm just not a huge fan of their no extended stay after school policy. If I want to get my masters and PhD at a stretch, this 'scholarship' makes that null and void for me as I have to return home for years again before I go back. There are also scholarships in Canada and they don't have that 'request' as a prerequisite. Finally, it would be really f00lish of me to announce to a vo that I'm not interested in coming back smiley

LOL! Seems like you've learnt a lot of tricks on how to procure a visa. Keep the momentum going!
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by Codes151(m): 12:54pm On Aug 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Female opportunist spotted.

It's not like she will pass it; but she thinks that just because she is a female, it is for her.
Somebody that can not punctuate properly wants to get Chevening Scholarship.

Try again.
u r unbelievable! She's merely being positive na
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by brownhawk: 12:55pm On Aug 13, 2017
olaniyisamuel:

Na u sabi. U quoted her to b in 200level. Ow sure are u or u b prophet grin?
read her statements before I quoted her. lol. she said something about back in two years to apply.internet slayer .no be her kind UK dey find
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 13, 2017
Many guys would not come here, if it's about meaningless stuffs like women, they will appear.

1 Like

Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by kellysam(m): 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2017
Like seriously, I need this but the criteria to enable one get it isn't funny at all.
Anyone with link on how I can write the English test and obtain the certificate?
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by encrypt(m): 1:23pm On Aug 13, 2017
vicfuntop:

You know you could have just ignored it if you didn't have a reasonable answer.
You know you could have just not commented if you didn't have a reasonable comment to make.
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by Kraspo(m): 1:50pm On Aug 13, 2017
kellysam:
Like seriously, I need this but the criteria to enable one get it isn't funny at all.
Anyone with link on how I can write the English test and obtain the certificate?

Its 68k and you must come to the centre with your International passport. The test is usually done twice a month in some selected states.

I don't have an International passport yet. And the 68k is dear
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by Gerrard59(m): 2:03pm On Aug 13, 2017
ibroh22:
make una hold una scholarship, I no want, the money to be spent as well as the stress of the criteria to get the scholarship self is enough to do masters degree in university of Ibadan without stress...Mtcheewww

Well, there's a DIFFERENCE between an MSc from UI and UCL.
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2017
encrypt:

You know you could have just not commented if you didn't have a reasonable comment to make.

It was a question and you should learn to mind your business.
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by Gerrard59(m): 2:13pm On Aug 13, 2017
kellysam:

https://www.nairaland.com/2426588/preparing-ielts-get-here

Prepare hard oh. A senior colleague wrote the exam and came back complaining of colonialism. What concerns colonialism and IELTS, I don't know. grin grin Even though he got admission into Imperial College London (but couldn't pay the deposit fee on time, he lost it).
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by ibroh22(m): 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2017
Gerrard59:

Well, there's a DIFFERENCE between an MSc from UI and UCL.
what's the difference oga
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by Gerrard59(m): 2:20pm On Aug 13, 2017
ibroh22:

what's the difference oga

You want me to tell you the difference between University of Ibadan and University College London on the Internet? shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by ibroh22(m): 2:23pm On Aug 13, 2017
Gerrard59:

You want me to tell you the difference between University of Ibadan and University College London on the Internet? shocked shocked shocked
whether U. I or UCL, masters na masters...... good luck to you if you applied
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by Jaqenhghar: 2:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
mesoprogress:
Good one . Have we ever noticed something? Oyibo is always coming to Africa to pick the best with high IQ
. Finally the country will be left with those with lower IQ because they pick the best. Britain won't mind a foreigner being elected so far he can deliver.

What we have here is tribalism, brain drain and ediots leading the country. How can we develop? Anyway, let them take the best, afterall their talent will be wasted in Nigeria. Let me quickly look for who to recommend this to.

No offence with low performers, we need everyone. We complement each other, and have different talents, though not ezlqual talents . Some have talent to be rocket scientists, others brain surgeons, artists, entertainers.
Even if Einstein was to come to Nigeria we wont know whatto do with him. At best Govt will employ him, sit him in one office (maybe) give him one fat salary and thats how he will remain. Because we havent built a system that develeops and nutures talents. See the hindreds of dissertations being churned out every year by scholars offering solutions to our problems. When have these write ups been utilized.

3 Likes

Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by encrypt(m): 3:12pm On Aug 13, 2017
vicfuntop:

It was a question and you should learn to mind your business.
If you don't want answers don't post on a public forum. Besides my business is whatever i make my business. So drink water and stop whining
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 13, 2017
encrypt:

If you don't want answers don't post on a public forum. Besides my business is whatever i make my business. So drink water and stop whining

Ok
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by Nobody: 3:17pm On Aug 13, 2017
DeeTus:
LOL! Seems like you've learnt a lot of tricks on how to procure a visa. Keep the momentum going!

Lol, nobody is an island of knowledge...I still want to learn more smiley
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by obidaddy: 4:26pm On Aug 13, 2017
Hello friends, I am also interested in this scholarship, any one knows if these test centers are located in Kano, Kaduna or Abuja please?

How much will the test cost presently?

Please lets share ideas and experience to encourage each other. It is possible for us to get this my friends.
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Aug 13, 2017
skarlett:

Lol, nobody is an island of knowledge...I still want to learn more smiley
Hahahahaha. You are now Oliver Twist. "I need some more."
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by Nobody: 4:48pm On Aug 13, 2017
DeeTus:
Hahahahaha. You are now Oliver Twist. "I need some more."

Aren't we all though wink
Re: Applications For 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships Are Now Open!!! by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 13, 2017
skarlett:

Aren't we all though wink
Maybe, maybe not. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Aboki Drags Alanana Otaki To Court For Snatching His Wife, Felicia Aboki / Panic As 40 Lagos Hoodlums Invade School, Chase Pupils / Students Of FGC, Warri Blast Their School For Making Them Clear A Dunghill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.