Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,957 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death (20283 Views)

Afobaje Maiyegun Who Beat His Wife Arrested By Police / Three Naval Personnel Dismissed For Stealing Equipment In Warri / Ifeanyi Joachin Nwafor And His Indian Wife Arrested For Fraud In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by ijustdey: 9:17am On Aug 11, 2017
A Naval personnel serving in Lagos State, Uzochukwu Anyanwu, as well as his wife, Victoria, have been arrested for allegedly beating a man, Gambo Mohammed, to death at Berger Suya bus-stop area of Oshodi-Apapa expressway.

The naval personnel was said to have killed the deceased for trying to settle a rift between his wife and a yet to be identified commercial motorcyclist.Although Uzochukwu Anyawu has since been handed over to the Nigerian Navy, his wife, Victoria, is still being detained at the Homicide Section of the State Criminal Investigations Department (SCID), Panti in Lagos.

A police source said since Anyanwu was handed over to the navy, the naval authorities have refused to hand him back to the police to conclude their own investigation. The source alleged that the police have vowed to arraign the wife if the navy continues to hold on to the suspect.

It was gathered that the wife of the naval personnel had taken a commercial motorcycle from Wilmer bus-stop, Olodi to Berger Suya on an agreed fee, but that on arrival at the destination, Victoria refused to pay.

Consequently, a violent argument ensued between both parties and the woman bluntly refused to pay the exact fee agreed with the Okada rider.When she got there, she decided not to pay the agreed amount and they started fighting. The naval officer’s wife started dragging the Okada rider by the collar of his shirt. It was at this point the deceased decided to mediate.

An eyewitness, Bayo Kilani, alleged that Victoria pounced on the deceased, demanding to know who authorize him to interfere in the matter.“She grabbed hold of the deceased and then put a telephone call through to her husband. Minutes later, a man arrived at the seen on another bike.

We later discovered that the man is the woman’s husband. He started beating the deceased. His wife also joined in beating the commercial motorcyclist. It is a clear case of murder and the law must take its cause.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Olarinde Famous-Cole, could not be reached, but a police source at the command headquarters said the police was still waiting for the naval authorities to handover Uzochukwu to them for trial.

A NAVAL personnel serving in Lagos State, Uzochukwu Anyanwu, as well as his wife, Victoria, have been arrested for allegedly beating a man, Gambo Mohammed, to death at Berger Suya bus-stop area of Oshodi-Apapa expressway.

The naval personnel was said to have killed the deceased for trying to settle a rift between his wife and a yet to be identified commercial motorcyclist.Although Uzochukwu Anyawu has since been handed over to the Nigerian Navy, his wife, Victoria, is still being detained at the Homicide Section of the State Criminal Investigations Department (SCID), Panti in Lagos.

A police source said since Anyanwu was handed over to the navy, the naval authorities have refused to hand him back to the police to conclude their own investigation. The source alleged that the police have vowed to arraign the wife if the navy continues to hold on to the suspect.

It was gathered that the wife of the naval personnel had taken a commercial motorcycle from Wilmer bus-stop, Olodi to Berger Suya on an agreed fee, but that on arrival at the destination, Victoria refused to pay.

Consequently, a violent argument ensued between both parties and the woman bluntly refused to pay the exact fee agreed with the Okada rider.When she got there, she decided not to pay the agreed amount and they started fighting. The naval officer’s wife started dragging the Okada rider by the collar of his shirt. It was at this point the deceased decided to mediate.

An eyewitness, Bayo Kilani, alleged that Victoria pounced on the deceased, demanding to know who authorize him to interfere in the matter.“She grabbed hold of the deceased and then put a telephone call through to her husband. Minutes later, a man arrived at the seen on another bike.

We later discovered that the man is the woman’s husband. He started beating the deceased. His wife also joined in beating the commercial motorcyclist. It is a clear case of murder and the law must take its cause.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Olarinde Famous-Cole, could not be reached, but a police source at the command headquarters said the police was still waiting for the naval authorities to handover Uzochukwu to them for trial.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/naval-personnel-wife-arrested-for-beating-man-to-death/

lalasticlala
Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 11, 2017
cheesy cheesy
Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by Modsenemy(f): 9:24am On Aug 11, 2017
This is a one sided story. I hardly see news report where the deceased is at fault .

I fly bikes so many times and I know how dubious these men can be when it's time to get paid .
I believe the deceased also had a fault in the scenario . Possibly he and the bike man had began to beat the woman

I can see so many slowpokes attacking my image instead of the comment . I smell envy . Your family has no presentable member. I'll still bounce you off when you send your PMs ***

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 11, 2017
cool

VICTORIA

I am 100% sure that she is Afonja!!

Dreadfull killers!!

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by BornnAgainChild(f): 9:29am On Aug 11, 2017
When husband and wife are involved in such act ...wetin their children go come be...

6 Likes

Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by Homeboiy: 9:55am On Aug 11, 2017
na wah oo
Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by MhizzAJ(f): 1:13pm On Aug 11, 2017
Too bad
Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by TinaAnita(f): 1:13pm On Aug 11, 2017
Wawu

This is what happens when a man marries a troublemaker. Which responsible woman would call her husband to come meddle in a fight she created? Now he is at risk of losing his job and landing in jail. Too bad.

8 Likes

Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 11, 2017
angry sad
Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by aleeyus(m): 1:13pm On Aug 11, 2017
ijustdey:
A Naval personnel serving in Lagos State, Uzochukwu Anyanwu, as well as his wife, Victoria, have been arrested for allegedly beating a man

4 Likes

Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by Unbreakable007: 1:13pm On Aug 11, 2017
Wetin the story dey abt Naval personnel

I no fit read, it's too long

1 Like

Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by bbbabes(f): 1:14pm On Aug 11, 2017
End time couple
Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by yeyeboi(m): 1:14pm On Aug 11, 2017
End time husband and wife

1 Like

Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by Edu3Again: 1:15pm On Aug 11, 2017
Unbreakable007:
Wetin the story dey abt Naval personnel

I no fit read, it's too long
Bros if you get the summary, I beg gist us undecided

1 Like

Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by Thobiy(m): 1:15pm On Aug 11, 2017
BornnAgainChild:
When husband and wife are involved in such act ...wetin their children go come be...
I don't know, but it is pure wickedness
Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by bbbabes(f): 1:15pm On Aug 11, 2017
Modsenemy:
This is a one sided story. I hardly see news report where the deceased is at fault .

I fly bikes so many times and I know how dubious these men can be when it's time to get paid .
I believe the deceased also had a fault in the scenario . Possibly he and the bike man had began to beat the woman

Am not sure that matters anymore, it's a different person they killed... The mediator. Thats why we need patience in all we do.

Same almost happened to me and my boyfriend last year, but as a woman, I was the one pacifying him, exactly what that woman was supposed to do.

Too bad for them... There prison sure pass

10 Likes

Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by haywhy1026(m): 1:15pm On Aug 11, 2017
It is very unfortunate dat He lost his life just because he wanna make peace.....May his wandering soul find peace afterall.. And to d couple dat murdered in Unity, I will be glad if U go to prison in unity too
Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 11, 2017
NCAN reporting

Name of individuals: Uzochukwu Anyanwu and Linda Anyanwu

Tribe of individuals: Nigerian

Racial classification: African

Domicile of individual: Nigerians

The result of Analysis: Nigerians are capable of doing good and doing evil. Whatever you do today....always choose good...so that Kirikiri won't be on your mind.

NCAN over and out.

Happy Friday to our NCAN members. Don't overdo it this evening. wink

6 Likes

Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by faithugo64(f): 1:15pm On Aug 11, 2017
shocked

This recession really changed nigerians walahi

The way we beat people to death in this country is amazing!

If only they would also beat Boko haram and blood sucking herdsmen to death angry
Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by Okoyiboz3: 1:16pm On Aug 11, 2017
Uzochukwu Anyanwu

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by tiger28: 1:16pm On Aug 11, 2017
Modsenemy:

it is still a case of murder REGARDLESS!!! A life was carelessly snuffed out because fare disagreement.....i wonder how some Nigerians reason.

2 Likes

Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by catherineokezie(f): 1:17pm On Aug 11, 2017
I hope the arrest isn't for media glory alone...#Evans case comes to my mind
Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by Okoyiboz3: 1:17pm On Aug 11, 2017
Modsenemy:

Kindly go to Panti and narrate this your story.

7 Likes

Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
Please People sweden or Canada, which is the best to work and immigrate to? I need answers from all nairalanders. Please show some love and care.
Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by obajoey(m): 1:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
she has large brain but could not reason well cry

Modsenemy:

2 Likes

Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by faithugo64(f): 1:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
Okoyiboz3:
Uzochukwu Anyanwu killed Gambo Muhammed.
angry

Where were you the last time adekayope anuoluwapo kidnapped a toddler? tongue

Were you bathing when mohammed isyaka beheaded a two year old boy? undecided

Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by dangotesmummy: 1:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
Smh.violence everywhere. Nigerians cannot just learn how to settle conflicts without violence. Everything about them must degenerate to violence. I just don't understand what's with Nigerians and violence

Husband will beat wife
Wife will beat housemaid
Police will brutalize citizens
Soldiers will assault citizens
Muslims fanatics will be killing endlessly
The non fanatics will be quick to bring out stones and sharp objects if anyone dares to confrontat them for blocking the road because they want to pray

Smh

1 Like

Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by dtruth50: 1:21pm On Aug 11, 2017
hmm from now on, i wil just b minding my business oooo
Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by Neddstark: 1:21pm On Aug 11, 2017
Always the developer chestbeaters. Give them a little power and they take it to the extreme. Spits
Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by Nov6(m): 1:22pm On Aug 11, 2017
Modsenemy:

sharap if you don't know what to comment abeg

4 Likes

Re: Naval Personnel, Wife Arrested For Beating Man To Death by MTKbudapest(m): 1:22pm On Aug 11, 2017
na only for naija did kind tin dey happen.

Our security outfit is a bunch of mess

how can they be appreciated and be respected with their way of brutalities toward the civilians.

Ourmumudondo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prophet Breaks Wife’s Leg, Chains Son, 32 Others / 20-Year-Old Robber Kills His Roommate In Ogun For Fear Of Being Caught / Anambra Landlady Pours Hot Water Mixed With Pepper On Tenant Over Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.