Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

NASA Seeks Employee To Protect Earth From Aliens - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NASA Seeks Employee To Protect Earth From Aliens (739 Views)

NASA Will Pay You $18,500 To Lie In Bed For Two Months / How To Properly Plan Your Life Being An Employee To Avoid Poor Performance / A 9-year-old Boy Applied For NASA Job And The Response He Got (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NASA Seeks Employee To Protect Earth From Aliens by NairaEffect(m): 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2017
Anyone whose skill set includes the ability to protect Earth from aliens still has more than a week to apply for what may just be their dream job.

NASA is looking for a planetary protection officer.

What that means in technical terms is someone who can help with the "avoidance of organic-constituent and biological contamination in human and robotic space exploration".

The job advert notes that "space flight missions may intentionally or unintentionally carry Earth organisms and organic constituents to the planets or other solar system bodies".

Equally, spacecraft could return "to Earth and its biosphere with samples from extraterrestrial targets of exploration".

The job ad says that "frequent travel may be required", although it does not specify whether that is simply on Earth, or around the solar system too.

It goes without saying that anyone thinking of applying needs "advanced knowledge of planetary protection".

They also need diplomacy skills that "resulted in win-win solutions" - plus a degree in physical science, engineering or mathematics.

The successful candidate will be paid between $124,406 and $187,000.

Perks - such as a company spacecraft - are not mentioned.

Security clearance is described as "secret".

It is not a new post. The current holder, Catharine Conley, was presented with a pair of sunglasses on her first day in the job back in 2006 - bringing to mind Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith in Men in Black.

Dr Conley told the New York Times in 2015 that she was keen to keep Mars from becoming contaminated by anything from Earth.

"If we're going to look for life on Mars, it would be really kind of lame to bring Earth life and find that instead," Dr Conley said.

"So far, Mars is still pretty clean."

If you can help keep it that way, you have until 14 August to apply.

-----
P.S: Good luck Nairalanders. I hope one of us gets this one. grin

Culled: http://news.sky.com/story/nasa-seeks-employee-to-protect-earth-from-aliens-10971817

Re: NASA Seeks Employee To Protect Earth From Aliens by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 11, 2017
are the aliens real, are they technologically oriented as we use to see in the movies?
Re: NASA Seeks Employee To Protect Earth From Aliens by Angelparadise: 12:42pm On Aug 11, 2017
Humans are not alone!

1 Like

Re: NASA Seeks Employee To Protect Earth From Aliens by purem(m): 1:04pm On Aug 11, 2017
Mhen those guy in that pic na the real alien be dat o

Buh wait o OP shey 4 Mars dem get technology
Re: NASA Seeks Employee To Protect Earth From Aliens by dejt4u(m): 5:18pm On Aug 11, 2017
we are not alone
Re: NASA Seeks Employee To Protect Earth From Aliens by CaptainKool15(m): 7:53pm On Aug 11, 2017
dayo2me:
are the aliens real, are they technologically oriented as we use to see in the movies?

Aliens are real... But I don't think they are as dangerous as being portrayed in movies
Re: NASA Seeks Employee To Protect Earth From Aliens by NairaEffect(m): 1:35pm On Aug 12, 2017
purem:
Mhen those guy in that pic na the real alien be dat o

Buh wait o OP shey 4 Mars dem get technology

If you ask me, na who I go ask...

My opinion: The technology in Mars is the one humans go with for space exploration. Not sure if Martians have their own technology.

You don see real alien before?

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Please, Civil Engr,surveyor,and Hydrologist Needed 7yrs Experience / Please Who Also Got This Invite It Urgent? / Massive Recruitment At Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa, Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.