Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,812,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC (33095 Views)

5 Problems Serving Abuja Corpers will likely face after POP / Did Your Relationship Survive After NYSC? / After NYSC What Is Next? – Dilemma Of A Nigerian Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Amadaz(m): 10:39pm On Aug 11, 2017
Honestly it hasn't been easy for me coupled with my girlfriend wahala. I think suicide all the time

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Divinehenrich(m): 10:39pm On Aug 11, 2017
My dear, the challenges are very enormous but we shall overcome. It is well. Let's the hope alive.
rosalieene:
You are 100% right.

As a lady, it's expected that you should have a serious fiance and when you say you don't have most times they don't believe you that's even more crazy.

Societal pressure really causes people to take actions they will regret. Nkechi, sochima, nkiru is married, Benita got married last week Jacinta is about to do her trad... but what about you? It leads to desperation on your part.

Nigerian Government just uses the fresh graduates and dump them after one year.

But I believe so far there is life, there is hope....

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Nobody: 10:55pm On Aug 11, 2017
MhizzAJ:
I think one should just ignore all those pressures coming from every angle and work more on themselves.

Plenty likes!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Apina(m): 10:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
Some persons are just shouting go and learn a trade and a graduate cannot sit idle as if anybody dey enjoy the pressure. Who no go no know cry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by kabanayol9(m): 11:00pm On Aug 11, 2017
My guys honestly it is not easy, going through the same stage but I learnt one thing depend on GOD Almighty only, He will make a way....

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by EDUECO(m): 11:03pm On Aug 11, 2017
There are works(employment or street work or dirty work) everywhere, but most graduates are only interested in salary work or employment!

There is a lot of money to be made in Nigeria,just change your location and start a business or start hustling.

From my personal experience,self employment is more reliable than salary employment.You're in a better condition to determine your income when you're self employed.

This is Nigeria(in this country,you're on your own),just use your brains or head! smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:17pm On Aug 11, 2017
rosalieene:
You are 100% right.

As a lady, it's expected that you should have a serious fiance and when you say you don't have most times they don't believe you that's even more crazy.

Societal pressure really causes people to take actions they will regret. Nkechi, sochima, nkiru is married, Benita got married last week Jacinta is about to do her trad... but what about you? It leads to desperation on your part.

Nigerian Government just uses the fresh graduates and dump them after one year.

But I believe so far there is life, there is hope....

You're still young, nd u have lots of choices.
Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by indoorlove(m): 11:25pm On Aug 11, 2017
Lytech:

that little thing is also a pressure my brother.. You wont be doing the job happily...

I remember when i was still teaching in one primary school....

One of my student i taught while i was doing my teaching practice came to submit cv in the same school am working?

Just imagine she was eventually employed.... We don turn mate be that... Meaning i must respect her by calling her AUNTY(thats the principle of the sch).

God should just pick our call on time...
Those little things are meant to keep you busy while you search for better offer.

1 Like

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by otabuko(m): 11:42pm On Aug 11, 2017
fiftynaira:
Am facing this shit right now

I wan go do m.sc use am dey pass time
Don't use it and pass time. Be serious with it. Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Nobody: 12:12am On Aug 12, 2017
Meet Nigerian who predicted the Arsenal- Leiceister match accurately.
This handsome and brilliant dude, Okwuoha Somtochukwu Brightson Ikemba who is an Nigeria student schooling in Canada with the moniker GoingPlaces247, on nairaland, yesterday accurately predicted the Arsenal vs Leiceister Match which ended 4-3, to the favour of Arsenal, Please moderators open a thread for this and move it to front page to celebrate this dude.
Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Yhemit(m): 12:16am On Aug 12, 2017
I think if someone needs straight target about life... you must leave your comfort zone (family house) and look for job outside the area

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Nobody: 12:17am On Aug 12, 2017
Pressure of helplesness...
Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 12, 2017
Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Nobody: 3:20am On Aug 12, 2017
Lytech:

that little thing is also a pressure my brother.. You wont be doing the job happily...

I remember when i was still teaching in one primary school....

One of my student i taught while i was doing my teaching practice came to submit cv in the same school am working?

Just imagine she was eventually employed.... We don turn mate be that... Meaning i must respect her by calling her AUNTY(thats the principle of the sch).

God should just pick our call on time...

If the principle of your school is to refer to your colleagues as 'aunty', then pray tell, how are students supposed to address teachers?

Please don't say 'grandma' because I may pass out from laughter.
Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Nobody: 3:26am On Aug 12, 2017
GODISGOD223:
Meet Nigerian who predicted the Arsenal- Leiceister match accurately.
This handsome and brilliant dude, Okwuoha Somtochukwu Brightson Ikemba who is a Nigeria student schooling abroad in with the moniker GoingPlaces247, on nairaland, yesterday accurately predicted the Arsenal vs Leiceister Match which ended 4-3, to the favour of Arsenal, Please moderators open a thread for this and move it to front page to celebrate this dude.

Some people invented/discovered the internet, airplanes, space-time continuum, wormholes, DNA but we didnt freeze our very existence because of their great feat, which comes highly useful and essential to our existence by the way.

1 Like

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by sonnie10: 4:53am On Aug 12, 2017
Amadaz:
Honestly it hasn't been easy for me coupled with my girlfriend wahala. I think suicide all the time

One guy we finished together was actually caught with a rope trying to hang himself after 3 years of no job.

Guess what? Today he is an oil company executive officer.
Nothing lasts forever, keep hope alive!

3 Likes

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by fcizo: 4:54am On Aug 12, 2017
DouglasH92:
I am quite confused as to why you took time to reiterate what everyone already knows.

confusion will continue to follow you, since you don't know is for educational purpose. I bet you 1+1 you will be more confused than you were. Ewu chop goat that does not show.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by mercyib(m): 5:22am On Aug 12, 2017
Stop looking for job. try to do something on your own to avoid this pressure.
You can check this links on what you can do

https://www.nairaland.com/3960817/get-trained-stop-looking-jobs
Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Onedibe1: 5:54am On Aug 12, 2017
fiftynaira:
Am facing this shit right now

I wan go do m.sc use am dey pass time

Bros,masters isnt really d answer to dat..It won't put moni in ur pocket,highest 2yrs u r done n u return to d same pressure again..Safe d moni use am fly out

6 Likes

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Amadaz(m): 6:34am On Aug 12, 2017
sonnie10:

One guy we finished together was actually caught with a rope trying to hang himself after 3 years of no job.

Guess what? Today he is an oil company executive officer.
Nothing lasts forever, keep hope alive!
thanks very much bro. Your words really gave me hope.

1 Like

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by honayoplenty(m): 6:46am On Aug 12, 2017
Making money online in nigeria made easy.Earn $100 or more online per day just by typing captchas!
* requirements:
Has a laptop or PC or android phone as long as it has a stable internet.
* No specific age group nor age limit.
* pay out via western union
* currency : Russia (RUB) Russian rubble to US (USD)
- this Is captcha entry.
1 captcha = 5 rubbles, basically 1000 captcha is equivalent to 5,000 rubbles ($83+).
-numeric captcha only. When you finish entering a captcha , there is no need to wait for the next captcha to load . no suspension or banned accounts in case you make a mistake at entering. If you are a fast typer you can do 2-3 hours per day. You earn as much as you work. You have total choice to do this FULL TIME or PART TIME, its entirely up to you.
This is free ( no registration fee), just your dedication and perseverance. We DONT require ID's , just register and create your own account on the website and we are set.
- if you have referalls it helps you earn
Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by free2ryhme: 6:49am On Aug 12, 2017
paulstrings:
Being a graduate is one of the best feelings you’ll remember for a very long time.

You remember the Final Year Week, The departmental dinners, the Water Baptisms etc.

Fast forward months Later, You are off to serve your fatherland in an unknown state. Then you are back home after NYSC.

one month

Two months

Three Months.

NO JOB!!

Pressure sets in. Here are the types of pressures unemployed graduates face during this period

1. Parental Pressure:

If you decide to go settle back at home, your parents will definitely be concerned about you.

They’ll advise you, ridicule you, pray for you and still be overly concerned about you.

Some will force you to take a job you don’t love especially when you are the eldest and have so many younger siblings and other responsibilities to take care of.

2. Peer Pressure

Peer pressure (or social pressure) is the direct influence on people by peers, or an individual who gets encouraged to follow their peers by changing their attitudes, values, or behaviors to conform to those of the influencing group or individual. – Wikipedia

You have lots of friends and acquaintances. Some will oppress you with their new jobs, cars, clothes, and gadgets. We all have that one friend that got a slot in central bank or NNPC before graduation and you are wondering how you are going to catch up with them.

They throw reunions and other gatherings but you are afraid to attend because you don’t know how to explain the fact that you are jobless.

Peer pressure can either drive you to become better or can make you depressed and desperate. You must learn to believe in yourself and take practical and necessary steps to achieve your dreams.

3. Societal Pressure

Societal pressures are expectations that affect the entire community, or specific parts of it, like the pressure to get married and have children.– Wikipedia

Societal pressures are not really as powerful as the other kinds.

In order to avoid societal pressure, most graduates are forced to relocate to another city. The female graduate is expected to be seen with a serious fiancé and everyone is expecting a wedding date sooner or later. For the male graduates, you are expected to land a big job, drive a car and take up responsibilities immediately.

There are people in your environment always asking and inquiring about what you are currently doing. Most of them don’t even have a solution.

These pressures are just there to urge you to become a better person and achieve great success. Most people especially our friends and family do have great intentions and care in one way or another but sometimes, these pressures might not be helpful. You must not allow them to have a negative impact on you.

Is there any type of pressure we did not consider? Tell us in the comment box below

Source: http://lifeafternysc.com/types-of-pressures-unemployed-graduates-face-after-nysc/

Now that you have mentioned all the pressures did life end? undecided

Continue to be given yourself unnecessary pressure wey no make sense HBP dey wait for you.
Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by kense88: 6:54am On Aug 12, 2017
Telling my whole story right here is going to take me alot of time. Quite disheartening, considering i lost my parents very early and been the first child. Have no option than to pick a skill and start learning . I still believe everything is going to be OK. cry
Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by kense88: 6:57am On Aug 12, 2017
iykeflex:
i remeba when I cameback from NTSC, my younger broda who was doing some stuff told my mum he ll not be providing money to feed his bros(me) I was so ashamed n had to pick up courage n relocate from d huz, it wasn't easy
Don't worry, just keep working hard, everything will be fine

1 Like

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by karzyharsky(m): 7:02am On Aug 12, 2017
m going thru dis pressure ryt nw op pls help with d solutions
Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by karzyharsky(m): 7:02am On Aug 12, 2017
m going thru dis pressure ryt nw op pls help with d solutions
Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by FiveNaira: 7:49am On Aug 12, 2017
iykeflex:
i remeba when I cameback from NTSC, my younger broda who was doing some stuff told my mum he ll not be providing money to feed his bros(me) I was so ashamed n had to pick up courage n relocate from d huz, it wasn't easy
Mehnnn.... I can relate.
Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by abefeb1(m): 8:06am On Aug 12, 2017
pressures from fiancee and fiancée's family and friends
Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Dalecoin: 8:09am On Aug 12, 2017
Join us

Check out my signature
Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by Etizz: 8:16am On Aug 12, 2017
U can not relate if u have not been there......

seriously an awful experience, at this point an Msc is d last option for me.... but hey, I met a girl who is my wife to be now and gave me d connection of my life.... now I am a certified seaman (sailor) and I am proud of my gf....

But I will not advice any graduate to sit at home hoping for jobs u apply online.... just do something for yourself no matter how small.

3 Likes

Re: Types Of Pressure Unemployed Graduates Face After NYSC by mecussey(m): 8:24am On Aug 12, 2017
iykeflex:

I always advise guys to waka from nysc...dont even come back home with your bags, only come back to see parents and go back.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

11 Things You Must Know Before NYSC Registration / Ex-corper Embarrassed Online While Celebrating His Passing Out.See What Happened / 11 Ways To Make Money As A Corper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.