Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. (8532 Views)

See Prove That 60 Niger Republic Govt Officials Atended APC Rally In Kano- Photo / I Use To Listen To Nnamdi Kanu But Not Anymore, See Prove & Who He Works For / Madam Kemi Really Did Her Nysc, See Prove (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by naturalman: 8:35am On Aug 12, 2017
I have always read some article were some persons refers to Nnewi as a town...they may be right depending on the scope and base of their studies....

Nnewi town is regarded as a city when considering the towns that have been dragged and captured in the ever increasing population and urbanized of Nnewi...

NNEWI with a population of 2 million people can not be called a town..

Nnewi town may just include... otolo, nnewichi, umudim and uruagu..which makes up Nnewi main town and also Nnewi north LGA...

Today the urbanization of Nnewi have widely spread to other LGAs like ekwusigo, Nnewi south, some part of idenmili north..

NNEWI CITY includes.....Nnewi metropolis and ozubulu, ichi, nnobi, nneokwa, ukpor, amichi, Awkaetiti Ojoto etc...

most of the industries in Nnewi are located at ozubulu and ichi..

4 Likes

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by naturalman: 8:37am On Aug 12, 2017
just like Onitsha that encompasses 7 LGAs
Nnewi encompasses 5 LGAs
Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by afroniger: 8:40am On Aug 12, 2017
Op, did you say 2-million? According to which census? You didn't even estimate the population. How did you come about that?

8 Likes

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by BeautifulSE: 8:41am On Aug 12, 2017
If Nnewi is 2 million, then what's the population of the whole Anambra . Pigs and Idiots posting nonsense as usual

15 Likes

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by BeautifulSE: 8:42am On Aug 12, 2017
Useless OP, Didn't you claim on one of your threads that you're from Rivers state ? grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by KweenAngela(f): 8:44am On Aug 12, 2017
Great city
Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by afroniger: 8:45am On Aug 12, 2017
BeautifulSE:
Useless OP, Didn't you claim on one of your threads that you're from Rivers state ? grin grin

My only contention is with the population figure he gave. How did he come about that, or was it just made up out of thin air?

10 Likes

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by StOla: 8:46am On Aug 12, 2017
You want to start this argument again after I already used the Forbes article on Nnewi to settle this matter that Nnewi is a small town?

You want to exhume a corpse that has already been buried? Better get your breathing apparatus.

11 Likes

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by MXrap: 8:46am On Aug 12, 2017
OP though you maybe right but how will this reduce the cost of buying dollars in the parallel and ''unparallel market'' for business concerns?
Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by naturalman: 8:47am On Aug 12, 2017
BeautifulSE:
If Nnewi is 2 million, then what's the population of the whole Anambra . Pigs and Idiots posting nonsense as usual

From Forbes magazine...

Nicknamed the Japan of Africa, Nnewi is famous as a hub for automobile spare part dealers, and most recently, Innoson, Nigeria’s first indigenous car assembly plant. The town is also known for its factories that manufacture household goods and is home to the biggest road transport companies in the country. Nnewi, with a little over two million residents, is a 30-minute drive from the Onitsha – the biggest outdoor market in West Africa – on the banks of the Niger River.

3 Likes

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by naturalman: 8:48am On Aug 12, 2017
BeautifulSE:

From Forbes magazine...

Nicknamed the Japan of Africa, Nnewi is famous as a hub for automobile spare part dealers, and most recently, Innoson, Nigeria’s first indigenous car assembly plant. The town is also known for its factories that manufacture household goods and is home to the biggest road transport companies in the country. Nnewi, with a little over TWO MILLION residents, is a 30-minute drive from the Onitsha – the biggest outdoor market in West Africa – on the banks of the Niger River.

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by BeautifulSE: 8:49am On Aug 12, 2017
[s]
naturalman:

From Forbes magazine...

Nicknamed the Japan of Africa, Nnewi is famous as a hub for automobile spare part dealers, and most recently, Innoson, Nigeria’s first indigenous car assembly plant. The town is also known for its factories that manufacture household goods and is home to the biggest road transport companies in the country. Nnewi, with a little over two million residents, is a 30-minute drive from the Onitsha – the biggest outdoor market in West Africa – on the banks of the Niger River.
[/s]

Olodo! That's an opinion piece by someone like you. Where is his evidence that Nnewi has as much as 2million people?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by BeautifulSE: 8:49am On Aug 12, 2017
afroniger:

My only contention is with the population figure he gave. How did he come about that, or was it just made up out of thin air?

Pulled it out of his ass as usual lol

9 Likes

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by naturalman: 8:50am On Aug 12, 2017
afroniger:
Op, did you say 2-million? According to which census? You didn't even estimate the population. How did you come about that?

From Forbes magazine
Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by StOla: 8:51am On Aug 12, 2017
naturalman:

From Forbes magazine...

I reckon that Alimosho Local Government in Lagos is more than a town then?

What am I even saying, some politicians already call Alimosho "Tinubu Country", while Forbes has called Nnewi a small town.

13 Likes

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by StOla: 8:52am On Aug 12, 2017
BeautifulSE:
[s][/s]

Olodo! That's an opinion piece by someone like you. Where is his evidence that Nnewi has as much as 2million people?

It is even an opinion piece by a 26yr old Nigerian called Eromo Egbejule. Maybe he is an Afonja, that's why he called Nnewi a small town.

Rather than enjoy the euphoria of the Forbes article for days and weeks and months, you are already asking for more just after 1day and will only bring the article itself a ridicule that should have been avoided.

You just couldn't stomach that Forbes called it a small town as it is? You just had to revise the article to suit your giant ego?

11 Likes

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by naturalman: 8:52am On Aug 12, 2017
BeautifulSE:
[s][/s]

The same magazine that say dangotes and adenugu are the richest in Africa and Nigeria.....is now lieing about Nnewi population.....

continue fooling yourself...

2 Likes

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by naturalman: 8:55am On Aug 12, 2017
StOla:

It even an opinion piece by a 26yr old Nigerian.

Dude...it is an opinion pieces by someone...
And you believe it when they published dangote and adenuga has the richest men in Nigeria..

You believe it, when they call Nnewi a town and doubt them, when they say NNEWI population is above 2 million ....

the game is on you

5 Likes

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by afroniger: 8:56am On Aug 12, 2017
naturalman:

From Forbes magazine

That's preposterous. The town didn't even feature on the list of cities and towns during the last (2006) census.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_cities_by_population

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by StOla: 8:57am On Aug 12, 2017
naturalman:

Dude...it is an opinion pieces by someone...
And you believe it when they published dangote and adenuga has the richest men in Nigeria..

You believe it, when they call Nnewi a town and doubt them, when they say NNEWI population is above 2 million ....

the game is on you

I welcome the game.

And I will resize your ego the way a false city was resized to a small town.

7 Likes

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by BeautifulSE: 8:57am On Aug 12, 2017
StOla:

It even an opinion piece by a 26yr old Nigerian.

Lol. And the pigs were jubilating on the thread . Isn't that the same town with many Automobile entrepreneurs cum ex-drug dealers?
Even Evans is from there. This Bishop that massacred people in the church is also from there. The drug dealers that were executed in Indonesia few years back were also from there. Industrious billionaires my left yansh grin grin cheesy .They should keep deceiving themselves lol. Whatever makes them sleep well at night cheesy

13 Likes

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by BeautifulSE: 9:00am On Aug 12, 2017
naturalman:

The same magazine that say dangotes and adenugu are the richest in Africa and Nigeria.....is now lieing about Nnewi population.....

continue fooling yourself...

There is evidence for that and it's officially from Forbes. Forbes list is not an opinion piece, the Nnewi one is an opinion piece. You get it now?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by StOla: 9:03am On Aug 12, 2017
BeautifulSE:

Lol. And the pigs were celebrating on the thread . Isn't that the same town with many Automobile entrepreneurs cum ex-drug dealers?
Even Evans is from there. This Bishop that massacred people in the church is also from there. The drug dealers that were executed in Indonesia few years back were also from there. Industrious billionaires my left yansh grin grin cheesy .They should keep deceiving themselves lol. Whatever makes them sleep well at night cheesy

If he even claims that it is a city of 2million people, then it means the Ijebus have higher billionaire density.

Let him continue with his revisionism of the Forbes article.

Since he wasn't satisfied with what he read, we will help him discard the whole article as a misinformation.

11 Likes

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by BeautifulSE: 9:05am On Aug 12, 2017
StOla:

If he even claims that it is a city of 2million people, then it means the Ijebus have higher billionaire density.

Let him continue with his revisionism of the Forbes article.

Since he wasn't satisfied with what he read, we will help him discard the whole article as a misinformation.

Lol

6 Likes

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by StOla: 9:06am On Aug 12, 2017
BeautifulSE:

There is evidence for that and it's officially from Forbes. Forbes list is not an opinion piece, the Nnewi one is an opinion piece. You get it now?

Don't mind him. He wants to wallow in agony today, having been unsatisfied with yesterday's joy.

A young 26yr old Nigerian did not author Forbes list of world billionaires, unlike the Nnewi article which is rightly an opinion piece.

Let him drag this any further, and watch how fast Forbes will retract that Nnewi article for misinformation.

9 Likes

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by BeautifulSE: 9:09am On Aug 12, 2017
StOla:

Don't mind him. He wants to wallow in agony today, having been unsatisfied with yesterday's joy.

A young 26yr old Nigerian did not author Forbes list of world billionaires, unlike the Nnewi article which is rightly an opinion piece.

Let him drag this any further, and watch how fast Forbes will retract that Nnewi article for misinformation.

I wonder why they even allowed an opinion piece filled with so much spuriosities to be published on their platform

6 Likes

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by StOla: 9:11am On Aug 12, 2017
afroniger:

That's preposterous. The town didn't even feature on the list of cities and towns during the last (2006) census.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_cities_by_population

Even Enugu is listed as 700k, Aba is 500k, and this false article from Forbes is saying that Nnewi is 2million?

Almighty Port Harcourt is even listed as 1million in population. Despite Jos being well developed with landmass and population of about 1million, the people still proudly refer to Jos as J-Town, without feeling inferior like the OP.

That is gross misinformation that the OP has helped to reveal.

We must now reveal this misinformation to Forbes.

15 Likes

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by backtosender: 9:15am On Aug 12, 2017
Now i believe yoruba people are really the problem of nigeria .....these ritualistic skull miners are worst than ebola cant belive i share the same country with them they got no friends in nigeria everybody they hate i reject afonjas in the mighty name of jesus

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by BeautifulSE: 9:18am On Aug 12, 2017
[s]
backtosender:
Now i believe yoruba people are really the problem of nigeria .....these ritualistic skull miners are worst than ebola cant belive i share the same country with them they got no friends in nigeria everybody they hate i reject afonjas in the mighty name of jesus
[/s]

Stop fooling yourself. The only people that hate Yorubas in Nigeria are

Idiots and Edo people. The other enemies are the ones you made up in your flat..head grin cheesy

14 Likes

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by backtosender: 9:20am On Aug 12, 2017
BeautifulSE:
[s][/s]

Stop fooling yourself. The only people that hate Yorubas in Nigeria are

Idiots and Edo people. The other enemies are the ones you made up in your flat..head grin cheesy

everybody hate yorubas they are cowards and hateful fill tribe in nigeria... hausa you worship hates you too they will never allow osibanjo to rule the zoo watch and see you people got no friends in nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by BeautifulSE: 9:22am On Aug 12, 2017
[s]
backtosender:
everybody hate yorubas they are cowards and hateful fill tribe in nigeria... hausa you worship hates you too they will never allow osibanjo to rule the zoo watch and see you people got no friends in nigeria
[/s]

E pain am grin grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nnewi Is A City....see Prove. by StOla: 9:23am On Aug 12, 2017
backtosender:

Na you bring topic, na we go use your topic disgrace you.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Malami Distances Himself From Allegations To Void Rivers Elections / Sokoto, Enugu, Imo Govs Join Catholic Bishop Of Umuahia For "Iri Ji Mbaise Festi / Ifeanyi Okowa Has The Opportunity To End This "Delta Igbo" Toga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.