Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,587 members, 7,820,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

God Is Not Wanting Anyone To Perish - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Not Wanting Anyone To Perish (1114 Views)

My People Perish Due To Lack Of Knowledge / God Is Unquestionable (my Pastor) Prophet Akinade Of Lion Of Judah Is Dead / Repent Or Perish (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

God Is Not Wanting Anyone To Perish by PastorAde: 9:32am On Feb 15, 2010
[center]God Is Not Wanting Anyone to Perish[/center]

The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance (2Peter 3:9, emphasis added).

I urge then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone-----This is good, and pleases God our Savior, Who wants all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth (1Timothy 2:1, 3, emphasis added).

In first passage above, Apostle Peter was writing about the second coming of the Lord. At His first coming, He died on the cross of Calvary to take away the sin of the whole world. As many as believe in Him, and confess Him as their Lord and Savior will be saved and have their name written in the book of life. And as many as reject Him will be condemned (see Mark 16:16).

At His second coming, He will gather together all those who believe in Him and take them to heaven. This is called “the catching up of the believers” or “the rapture”. Thus believers will escape the tribulation coming upon this world.

That is why the first passage above says: “The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness”. What promise is Apostle Peter referring to? It is the promise of His second coming. The delay of Christ’s return is related to the preaching of the gospel of the kingdom of God to the whole world – Matthew 24:14 – “And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.” God wants everyone to hear the gospel and does not want anyone to perish eternally. Anyone who hears the gospel will then decide to accept this truth or reject it. Those who accept will be saved and those who reject the truth will be lost. The choice is yours.

The second passage above emphasizes the same truth. Apostle Paul advised that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all men. Praying for all men is pleasing to God Who desires all men to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. God is not willing that anyone should perish, but that everyone should come to the knowledge of the truth and be saved. But who is the truth? Jesus said: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me (John 14:6).”

Will you embrace the truth and be saved? For you to be saved you have to repent of your sins and God will forgive and forget your sins. God does not want you to perish or be lost eternally. He wants you be saved. Will you? Then pray this prayer out loud. Lord Jesus, come into my heart. Wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior, in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

For further enquiries and counseling: Write, call or email: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. No. 11 Ibrahim Tahir Lane, Utako. P.O.Box 11875, Garki, Abuja, Nigeria.
Tel. 2348033155417. Email: josey500@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram To Poison Suya? / Church Refuses To Marry Black Couple / If You Can't Tithe, 'DON'T COME BACK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.