Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,142 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project (13053 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Partners With Innoson On Mass Transit (Photos) / Army Withdraws Security From Akwa Ibom Government House, Governor Udom Cries / Akwa Ibom Government Responds To APC Request For Use Of Stadium For Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by postbox: 4:55pm On Apr 27, 2021
Akwa Ibom State Government has re-awarded the contract for the dualization of the 3.5km Ring Road 2 project from Olusegun Obasanjo Way to Udo Udoma, within a period of one year.
The contract which was handled by Quemecs Nigeria Ltd has been re-awarded to HENSEK Integrated Services with a charge that the contract be completed within one year.

The decision was taken during the State Executive Council meeting presided over by Governor Udom Emmanuel, Monday, at the EXCO Chambers, Government House,Uyo.

The Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Comrade Ini Ememobong, who briefed Government House correspondents after the meeting, said the Council approved additional works be done on the Abak Ifia-Ikpe Mbak Eyop-Ikot Abia Osom road that traverses Ikot Ikot Ekpene and Obot Akara Local Government Areas, as well as a revised Bill of Engineering Measurement and Evaluation for the Etebi-Ewang Road.

Said Ememobong, “Other businesses of the day were the receipt of reports on ongoing projects in the state, including the letting of the Dakkada Towers, Eket urbanization, the Dakkada Estate project, Ibom Plaza remodeling, the rehabilitation of hospitals and the power for all project.

Ememobong said the council directed that a strategic stakeholders meeting with the regulator and all players critical in the power sector be convened to ensure the execution and smooth take-off of the Power-for-all programme in December 2021.

On the Ibom Deep Seaport project, the Commissioner said reports on the citizens’ engagement which was undertaken by the joint committee of the State Executive Council, the Ibom Deep Seaport Implementation Committee, and the Oro people, in which the twin issue of name and location change of the Seaport was sufficiently addressed, with room for further deliberations to be undertaken.

The Council noted remarkable progress in the report on the Ibom Air Company Limited, which included a review of the company’s performance, in terms of projections, propositions and executions, over the period of its existence, Ememobong said, adding that the EXCO, after serious deliberations, approved the sustainability plan and expansion programme presented by the Company’s Management.

Also reached at the State EXCO, the Commissioner said, was State Government’s resolve to consolidate its investment in sports for better performance.

Following the report on the participation of the state’s athletes in the just concluded national sports festival in Edo State, where the state came 7th out of the 36 states, with 20 gold medals. The council was pleased with the performance of the athletes and commended the team.

On education, he said the Council reviewed the report of comparative analyses of the state’s year-to-year performance in final examinations presented by the Commissioner for Education, Mrs. Idongesit Etiebet, and noted a slight improvement.

The Council, however, was dissatisfied and charged the Ministry of Education and another critical stakeholder in the education sector to push for an increase in the percentage of passes.

The State Information Commissioner acknowledged the invitation of the State Government to the 2021 May Day celebration and assured that the state government will identify with the workforce in the Labour Day celebration

He however described the demonstration staged by next-of-kin of retired primary school teachers as misplaced, considering that verifications have been concluded and assurance given by the Chairman of SUBEB, Obong Paul Ekpo, on the commencement of payment.

He described as a large-hearted intervention Governor Udom Emmanuel’s decision to bear the burden of upsetting the decades-long unpaid benefits of retirees and the deceased.

https://brandspurng.com/2021/04/27/aksg-terminates-quebecs-2nd-ring-road-project-re-award-contract-to-hensek/

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by SportsHD: 5:03pm On Apr 27, 2021
someone didn't pay enough bribe.

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:43am On Apr 28, 2021
The contract which was handled by Quemecs Nigeria Ltd has been re-awarded to HENSEK Integrated Services with a charge that the contract be completed within one year.
Corruption has eaten into every sphere of every states in this nation.
There was a country.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by 4tomandchi: 6:44am On Apr 28, 2021
PDP governors don't have time for Scam like APC.

PDP is all about delivery while APC is busy playing games with Nigerians.

God will keep exposing them.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by Benesis: 6:44am On Apr 28, 2021
Lols, the story continues
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by southsouthking(m): 6:44am On Apr 28, 2021
Please and Please, help a Brother going for a job interview tomorrow with transportation fare.

The mail for the interview invitation came late yesterday evening, and there's no way i can get the transportation fare because it was just too sudden, only God knows that, so that is why am here to please seek for your help, support and kind gesture.

I reside at Alakoto Meji here in Badagry, and the location for the job interview is at Victoria Island.

Syngenta Nigeria Limited:

Plot 5 Chief Yusuf biodun Street, Oniru Road, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria.

Please help me get this Job, it will be a life changer for me.

Nothing is too small please i beg you all in the name of God and Allah.

Thanks to you all.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by MetroBaba1(m): 6:45am On Apr 28, 2021
HENSEK is Akwa Ibom's Julius Berger.

We all understand their modus operandi

10 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by Anaerobi(m): 6:45am On Apr 28, 2021
this country na complete comedy station.
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by yanabasee1(m): 6:46am On Apr 28, 2021
This is what governance is all about....

Not the federal method of giving out contracts to friends and family and when they can't keep up to the requirements, the people involved will be toothless to take actions.....

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by Codes151(m): 6:46am On Apr 28, 2021
Poor standard Governor.

Big mistake
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 28, 2021
Whea.?
Whatsapp bulk messenger for marketing available at 15k
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by rottennaija(m): 6:47am On Apr 28, 2021
SportsHD:
someone didn't pay enough bribe.

It's not everything that is that bad. Sometimes, govt is sincere. If you have been to the site, you will know the contractor was incompetent.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 6:47am On Apr 28, 2021
Udom mummu ehnn
No single road done to end,is it the road to eket, the Ekom Iman Juction, the road to Oron, or the road here,?
Akpabio used 2years to do roads all over the 31LGA to industrialize AKS over Night, but for 6yrs counting, its still uncompleted projects everywhere.

Is it the seaport, is it the airport, Udom just pays a lot of youths monthly to do propaganda on facebook, and social media... Very anyhow governor

15 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by rottennaija(m): 6:48am On Apr 28, 2021
MetroBaba1:
HENSEK is Akwa Ibom's Julius Berger.

We all understand their modus operandi

And their job is quality.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 6:49am On Apr 28, 2021
rottennaija:

It's not everything that is that bad. Sometimes, govt is sincere. If you have been to the site, you will know the contractor was incompetent.

Which sincere, you knoe nothing,

For 6yrs udom has not completed a single project, all are just re-awarded up and down.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by Nobody: 6:51am On Apr 28, 2021
A cid
P eople in a
C ontainer
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by ikennamadu1(m): 6:52am On Apr 28, 2021
Codes151:
Poor standard Governor.
Big mistake
show us your state .. make we see wetin them done do..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 6:52am On Apr 28, 2021
rottennaija:

And their job is quality.

Which quality? We all understand its our own indigenous company, but see its the same thing with Dangote, Nigerians are being impoverished for dangote to be rich, same way Hensek gets alot of contracts and does not deliver either quality or on time. Mske udom dey carefull we go stone am, d guy na fuckupp

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by rottennaija(m): 6:56am On Apr 28, 2021
NtoAkwaIbom:

For 6yrs udom has not completed a single project, all are just re-awarded up and down.

I'm not Udom's fan nor supporter. But saying that he has no delivered completed any project for 6 years is throwing the baby out with the bathe water. It's simply not true.

Quemecs Nigeria Ltd was awarded the contract in Udom's first term and they cannot deliver for more than 4 years and their job is so poor.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by MEGA4BILLION(m): 6:56am On Apr 28, 2021
This man keep going round in circles
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by Ikpongiton: 6:59am On Apr 28, 2021
NtoAkwaIbom:

are you sure that you are not blind? some body is working like a buldozer and you are there vomiting rubbish.you must be insane.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 6:59am On Apr 28, 2021
rottennaija:

I'm

Are you one of the people whose name was published by the governor to be under the role for payment,
Can you try to point to one single thing i am lying here? Udom is like Buhari, very useless product, you try to sell it and you sell your soul and conscience

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by rottennaija(m): 7:00am On Apr 28, 2021
NtoAkwaIbom:

Which quality? We all understand its our own indigenous company, but see its the same thing with Dangote, Nigerians are being impoverished for dangote to be rich, same way Hensek gets alot of contracts and does not deliver either quality or on time. Mske udom dey carefull we go stone am, d guy na fuckupp

HENSEK is doing a good job in Akwa Ibom. I understand he gets special treatment but he is also good. Extremely good.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 7:00am On Apr 28, 2021
Ikpongiton:
are you sure that you are not blind? some body is working like a buldozer and you are there vomiting rubbish.you must be insane.

I mention fact, bro dispute me by mentioning completed projects not insulting me as you do to your useless dad

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by Mopolchi: 7:02am On Apr 28, 2021
Udom please complete the road

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 7:02am On Apr 28, 2021
rottennaija:

HENSEK is doing a good job in Akwa Ibom. I understand he gets special treatment but he is also good. Extremely good.

Ikpa, nto akwa ibom, idung emana mmi,

Nnyin iba tongo ke editongo.
I cant lie, I am on ground, dispute me by mentioning the quality of the roads already completed by Hensek, thank you

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by DesChyko: 7:03am On Apr 28, 2021
Terminate as in the agreement couldn't go further, hence the company sought an alternative?

Or Terminate as in paid off to begin another fresh payment to another entity. undecided
Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by rottennaija(m): 7:04am On Apr 28, 2021
NtoAkwaIbom:

Are you one of the people whose name was published by the governor to be under the role for payment,
Can you try to point to one single thing i am lying here? Udom is like Buhari, very useless product, you try to sell it and you sell your soul and conscience

I don't understand the idea that if I don't condemn what you condemn, then I must be somehow in a payroll. Yesterday, someone had to say I was a fulani slave, APC supporter etc just because I told her that by the time they had finished destroying their region in the name of biafra, they will be running to other places to be IDPs.

I don't support udom in anyway. If you check my previous post, you will have a clue. Quemecs was not delivering in their job nor was their work good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 7:04am On Apr 28, 2021
Mopolchi:
Udom please complete the road

Ring road that was began by Godswill Akpabio, its been 6years, yet udom has not completed a work began by his predecessor and these things are coming to support him and yarn dust.

Udom is like Buhari a very big plight on our state

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 7:06am On Apr 28, 2021
rottennaija:

I don't understand the idea that if I don't condemn what you condemn, then I must be somehow in a payroll. Yesterday, someone had to say I was a fulani slave, APC supporter etc just because I told her that by the time they had finished destroying their region in the name of biafra, they will be running to other places to be IDPs.

I don't support udom in anyway. If you check my previous post, you will have a clue. Quemecs was not delivering in their job nor was their work good.

That's why i say u talk with fact, mention roads and achievements, not audio..

I mention uncompleted stuffs to back my claim, i await yours

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Government Terminates Quebecs’ Second Ring Road Project by rottennaija(m): 7:06am On Apr 28, 2021
NtoAkwaIbom:

Ikpa, nto akwa ibom, idung emana mmi,

Nnyin iba tongo ke editongo.
I cant lie, I am on ground, dispute me by mentioning the quality of the roads already completed by Hensek, thank you

I have no interest in doing so.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anthony Ayodeji Resigns As Mimiko's Aide, Joins APC (resignation Letter) / Iroju Ogundeji, Ondo Deputy Speaker Impeached / Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.