Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,868 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

I’m Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain,19-year-old Lady After Winning Medal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I’m Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain,19-year-old Lady After Winning Medal (516 Views)

Coach Rohr Spotted With A Beautiful Lady After Semi Final / "I Am Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain" - Salwa Naser Who Won Medal In London / Nigerian-bahrain Youngster Salwa Eid Naser Ebelechukwu Wins 400m For Bahrain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain,19-year-old Lady After Winning Medal by johnnyvid(m): 4:00am On Aug 13, 2017
Salwa Naser, a 400m silver medalist at the
ongoing World Athletics championship in
London, says she is happy to have chosen
Bahrain ahead of Nigeria. The 19-year-old
achieved her dreams on Thursday by setting a
new national record to win both her heat in
50.57 seconds and the semi-final in 50.08
seconds.
After the race, Naser was asked if she had any
message for the new board of the Athletic
Federation of Nigeria, and she said, “I don’t
really have anything to say to them.
“The past three years have been a great
transition for me and I’m glad. I have nothing to
say to the AFN.”
Naser, who is coached by Bahrain-based
Nigerian John George Obeya, said wasn’t
bothered by the pedigree of her opponents
ahead of the race.
The athlete said she was simply interested in
winning.
“No, I wasn’t. But I was training hard and
hoping for the best. Coming here I really hoped
to do something,” she told iaaf.org.
“I feel so happy. It wasn’t about beating Allyson
Felix. It was about getting a personal best and a
medal.
“I just had to push through and try. I didn’t see
anyone in front of me so I didn’t know what
position I was at until the results came through. Source. www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2017/08/im-glad-i-dumped-nigeria-for-bahrain-19.html?m=0

1 Share

Re: I’m Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain,19-year-old Lady After Winning Medal by pizzy77(m): 4:15am On Aug 13, 2017
All the best champs! Glad you made the right decisions for you and your families.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain,19-year-old Lady After Winning Medal by Nobody: 5:51am On Aug 13, 2017
Bahrain pays too. Wise woman grin
Re: I’m Glad I Dumped Nigeria For Bahrain,19-year-old Lady After Winning Medal by johnnyvid(m): 8:06pm On Aug 13, 2017
Nice decision from her. She has already determine what the future holds for her. At least with her move she can do great exploit in abroad. All the best oooo.

(1) (Reply)

Real Madrid Captain Sergio Ramos Equals Laliga Record For Red Cards / JUST IN | Echiejile, Ighalo, Others Make Eagles Squad Ahead Of Cameroon Clash / Daily Soccer Predictions PREDICTIONS (08/09/2017)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.