Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Signs Of A Mature Christian - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Signs Of A Mature Christian (6540 Views)

Tithe: Can A Mature Christian Please Explain This Part Of The Bible About Tithe / 30 Characters Of A Mature Christian / 6 Signs Of A Toxic 'Apostle' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Signs Of A Mature Christian by Evidenx(m): 11:02am On Aug 13, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Good to know I am a mature Christian but I disagree with this;

They take part in church activities and attend church regularly

And I lack in this;

They have appetite for prayer and fasting

I only have appetite for fornication and adultery.
YOU ARE GOOD AS DEAD!!!!
Re: Signs Of A Mature Christian by yinkeys(m): 11:02am On Aug 13, 2017
andeemoore:
*Signs of Matured Christians*
✅ They speak the truth at all times
✅ They are good listeners
✅ They hardly take offense
✅ They are quick to forgive
✅ They are reliable
✅ They are supportive
✅ They have appetite for prayer and fasting
✅ They rely on the Word of God
✅ The more God lifts them up, the more they become humble
✅ They hardly defend themselves
✅ They are quick to repent
✅ They seek peace and pursue it
✅ They love people and they are compassionate
✅ They know when to talk and when to be quiet
✅ They are full of wisdom in many aspects of life
✅ They respect people and are very sensitive to people's feelings
✅ They have a lot of patience and they are not short tempered
✅ They fear God
✅ They give honour where it is due
✅ They are content with what they have
✅ They have good leadership skills
✅ They are hospitable
✅ They are not carried away by all kinds of teachings
✅ They are good followers
✅ They have a sacrificial spirit
✅ They don't gossip and look down on people
✅ They have faith
✅ They take part in church activities and attend church regularly
✅ They are clean in every aspect of life
✅ Their spirits are sensitive, they hate sin
✅ They don't act holier than others
✅ They don't compete with others

*Ask yourself: Am I a matured Christian?*�
May God give us the grace to identify and work on our weak areas.

https://m.facebook.com/ChosenNews/posts/1509702675747761

Please join me to forward it.
Nice write up, I know someone with all these qualities.
Aspiring to have all these qualities though.
Re: Signs Of A Mature Christian by Evidenx(m): 11:06am On Aug 13, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

IF I DO THIS, AND..
THE POLICE AND LAW PROTECTS,
THE DOCTORS TREAT,
THE FARMERS GROW CROPS AND ANIMALS,
THE SCIENTISTS INVENT, INNOVATE AND CREATE...

WHAT DOES GOD DO, THEN? TAKE ALL THE GLORY FOR DOING NOTHING AT ALL? undecided
....DEAD BRAIN DONT BE STUPID.. GOD GAVE THOSE YOU MENTIONED THE BRAIN... HE GAVE THEM LIFE, WITHOUT IT THEY WOULDN'T EVEN BE ALIVE TO TREAT OR PROTECT EITHER TO GROW CROPS... PEOPLE JUST TALK FOR TALKING SAKE... WHY NOT KEEP QUIET IF YOU LACK SENSE...BASTARD SON OF A THOUSAND FATHERS.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Signs Of A Mature Christian by ShobayoEmma(m): 11:47am On Aug 13, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
OP the bible disagrees with your first point about "Speaking the truth at all times" because Jesus lied about his second coming

let's check the bible

Matthew 16:28
Truly I tell you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

Luke 9:27
27But truly I tell you, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.”

Jesus lied in those verses unless there's somebody somewhere that's over 2017 years old right now that you can point to
There are two interpretations of this verse:
1. It is a prediction of the transfiguration, which happened a week latter (17:1) and which demonstrated that Jesus will return in his Father's glory (16:27). Peter and i think John witnessed the transfiguration of Jesus Christ a week after the statement was made and so both disciples were not dead by then.
2. The verse could still means: The son of man's authourity and kingly reign in his post-resurrection church. Some of his disciples will witness, even participate in as stated in the book of Acts.
Remain bless brother.
Re: Signs Of A Mature Christian by fromnigeria(m): 10:03pm On Aug 13, 2017
andeemoore:
*Signs of a matured Christian.

This is how you know a matured Christian, when you see some living the life Christ Jesus lived.

A matured is a Prophet, an Evangelist, an Apostle, a Pastors, and a Teacher.
He lays hand on the sick and they get well, He is not afraid of man or the devil, rather the devil trembles once he is around.
He does all these for love. Love moves him. And he loves both friends and enemies.

1 Like

Re: Signs Of A Mature Christian by gemale(m): 8:59pm On Sep 18, 2017
Jackipapa:
It is by the grace we are saved not by works. Mature or immature Xtian I am not understanding.
Please do not join those who feel that because we are in the era of grace, anything can go. That is a lie. The grace of God is a privilege, not a right hence we don't know when our personal period of grace might end or be withdrawn. Was it not in the era of grace that Ananias & Sapphira were both struck dead? If that isn't warning enough, St Paul asked "shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?" to which he replies "God forbid". Yes, we are saved by grace but let us not restrict the grace of God to just salvation. We should continue to avail ourselves to that grace to transform us into the image of Jesus Christ, which is its true mission. Hence the yardstick of measurement of whether 1 is maturing in Christ is to juxtapose 1's thoughts, words & acts with that of Jesus. Also compare your life before you surrendered to Christ & presently. If there isn't any or little marked difference, serious questions should be asked because no man can truly encounter Jesus & still remain the same. What used to drive or excite you would change. The love & appetite for sin would start to die. One would start to see beyond the instant, temporal gratification iniquity offers to its destructive tendencies. The hunger & need to please God would awaken in the person. 1 would find it extremely difficult to silence his conscience when trying to engage in evil. Pride, self importance, looking down or contempt for others would be something to dread. Death to self & crucification of flesh becomes a way of life. St paul spoke about spiritual immaturity in 1 Corinthians 3:1-3 when he referred to the Corinthians as babies. Why? Because they were fixated on petty, carnal rather than the things of God. A Christian maturing in christ understands that the flesh profits nothing. An immature Christian is 1 who has accepted Jesus but still has problems submitting to Him. He is someone who still chooses to be led by the flesh, feelings & emotions rather than the Spirit of God. Rather than mortify his body through the Spirit, he gives it free rein allowing it call the shots. He believes that since Jesus has paid the price, he should fold his arms & carry on with business as usual. An immature Christian is 1 who follows Christ primarily because of material, ephemeral, carnal reasons like those people in john chapter 6 who were about to forcefully crown Jesus king after the feeding of 5000 men that abandoned following Jesus after he told them he was The Living Bread because they found His teachings too hard. Immature Christians always want to have it easy forgetting or ignoring that our Lord Jesus Christ said anyone who should follow Him should dey himself, pick up his cross & follow Him. If Jesus didn't have it smooth, why should we have it smooth? Is the servant greater than his master? Hence, they begin to waver in faith when challenges arise unlikely job who declared even in the midst of numerous woes & losses "thou He slay me, still i would trust Him". That is where any serious Christian should aim to reach, a place where we would submit to God, no matter how inconvenient or terrible the situation seems.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christian Lady Cooking Sahur&iftar For A Muslim Brother;islamic Perspective / Is HIV/AIDS A Punishment From God? / Archaelogical Proofs That The Bible Is Fact Not Fiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.