Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,466 members, 7,830,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread - Phones (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread (203876 Views)

********Gionee Discussion Thread******** / Leagoo Kiicaa Power After-sale Service Now Available In Nigeria / Infinix Hot 4 PRO (X556) Official Discussion Thread (REVIEW) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (96) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by nenergy(m): 11:39am On Feb 10, 2018
emeraldknytt:
For those in need of the Leagoo Kiicaa power review, I'll write my review of the Kiicaa Power.

Unboxing/body build: Coming out of its pretty basic cuboid box, the leagoo kiicaa power isn't your exact budget killer looking device. I mean, it has the rear fascia well covered; nicely textured back cover, pleasing dual camera set-up plus a conventional dual led flash that isn't dual-tone, with a 'smart bokeh camera expert' stunt move. Ugh. I pulled the back cover open and i began to observe why this phone was ludicrously cheap and ought to be cheaper, the back case unclipped in the worst way possible, i thought I'd break it if i had yanked a little bit harder.
Now the front fascia. Deary me!. The phone looked tasteless while in front of me. I worked it and worked it to find something that'll please me right in front, i didn't find even one so, i settled for the Navigation keys look. To be honest, the front looked to simple and traditional, even a 2.5D arc glass would have done some justice but i guess the OEM was paying too much attention on the price than the fascia...
The weight is somewhat pleasing however it doesn't justify the choice of dirt-cheap material most of which are the real essence of its light weight.

Verdict: I would have passed this as being modest in the early months (Q1) of 2016 but weight really felt good in hand. To me, it hasn't really much going for it in terms of aesthetics or build.

Display: SOMEBODY, PLEASE GET THIS PHONE A PACK OF CRAYONS!!!.. This isn't a hate review...please take cognisance of that. The 720p on 5" is mediocre at best, failing in many aspects but one - it is really a 720p and that's it. The panel used on this phone is deplorable for a 720-res, i was utterly shut up when i placed this side by side to my oukitel c8 which touts a 640p display on a 5.5"... The color temperature is neutrally cold hence the white is white-ish not blueish. I only found the 720p res useful when i toned down font size to about 600 in terms of screen width and the phone was able to produce readable tiny texts. Hallelujah.. To get a better looking picture quality of the screen, you'll need to use enough brightness on the phone to accentuate the mildness of color as exhibited by the underwhelming panel... Too many cheap stuffs... Take it from me, Leagoo sent a Nigerian to do the screen panel shopping. Trust me, I know.

Verdict: A 2.5D arc glass would have offer a more positive rendering as compared to the plain glass digitizer... I'll have to say that the screen suffers from the bells and whistles of having a HD display.

PCB/RAM/ROM/Performance: Are you feeling fly using this 60$< device, you should, for a budget device, yeah one should feel glad that he/she is getting enough value for money. I can say categorically that this is where the phone has more than 80% of its price well spent on. It offers a 2Gb ram and 16Gb internal storage (Software issue allows it to show that Apps have used more than 10Gb however the reverse is the case. A SW update, when rolled out, should fix it though). It further goes on to win praises for its use of a MTK 6580A and not a dual-core spreadtrum processor... Thank Thee Leagoo!. The performance of the phone is just around its contemporaries, nifty (not snappy), less of a lag-house if you are doing it moderate with the number of killer apps and games. Need i mention the fingerprint sensor, on my product, i wished it hadn't been included cos it fails to recognize at EVERY first attempt, subsequent attempts prove abortive/successful in say 50/50 so, it is one of the most compromising feature on the phone. At least to me.

Verdict: KUMBAYA! Leagoo gave me a reason not to help them descend the price to less than 40$ with the magnanimity of the offering at the heart of the device. Plenty of storage (for its price), Twice the expected Ram volume (again. at this price) and a good cluster of 4 processors @ 1.3GHz... If i could trade the Fingerprint sensor with OTG feature, a Notification led and a front flash. I happily would.

Features/Features/Features: No miravison, No OTG with the high and mighty 4KmAh Li-ion battery, There is less than a handful of features that can be handpicked. I searched and all thanks or no thanks to Stock Android Nougat, most of the phone's features are dependent on what google had incorporated with its SW. I love the customization that is offered with Google AOSP keyboard though.

I wouldn't say much about it's battery... it is another selling point, i won't touch the cameras (they could have been praised if they'd called 'em a dual 3.12mp shooter) the eyes of this device are vision-less, only good for shooting masquerades or sands in the beach or the number plate of a stolen vehicle. I do find however that led flash complemented still pictures well, providing better saturation and depth. I have zero interests in bokeh.....

Phew, i rushed things towards the end... bear with me... I'll correct grammatical errors and modify as i find worthy things too.... Thanks for reading.
You're wuked, but nice review grin I'm a fan of budget phones and will gladly pick leagoo Kiicaa Power over Tecno Spark K7. Leagoo needs to consider the African market.
Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by Nobody: 1:30pm On Feb 10, 2018
emeraldknytt:
For those in need of the Leagoo Kiicaa power review, I'll write my review of the Kiicaa Power.

Unboxing/body build: Coming out of its pretty basic cuboid box, the leagoo kiicaa power isn't your exact budget killer looking device. I mean, it has the rear fascia well covered; nicely textured back cover, pleasing dual camera set-up plus a conventional dual led flash that isn't dual-tone, with a 'smart bokeh camera expert' stunt move. Ugh. I pulled the back cover open and i began to observe why this phone was ludicrously cheap and ought to be cheaper, the back case unclipped in the worst way possible, i thought I'd break it if i had yanked a little bit harder.
Now the front fascia. Deary me!. The phone looked tasteless while in front of me. I worked it and worked it to find something that'll please me right in front, i didn't find even one so, i settled for the Navigation keys look. To be honest, the front looked to simple and traditional, even a 2.5D arc glass would have done some justice but i guess the OEM was paying too much attention on the price than the fascia...
The weight is somewhat pleasing however it doesn't justify the choice of dirt-cheap material most of which are the real essence of its light weight.

Verdict: I would have passed this as being modest in the early months (Q1) of 2016 but weight really felt good in hand. To me, it hasn't really much going for it in terms of aesthetics or build.

Display: SOMEBODY, PLEASE GET THIS PHONE A PACK OF CRAYONS!!!.. This isn't a hate review...please take cognisance of that. The 720p on 5" is mediocre at best, failing in many aspects but one - it is really a 720p and that's it. The panel used on this phone is deplorable for a 720-res, i was utterly shut up when i placed this side by side to my oukitel c8 which touts a 640p display on a 5.5"... The color temperature is neutrally cold hence the white is white-ish not blueish. I only found the 720p res useful when i toned down font size to about 600 in terms of screen width and the phone was able to produce readable tiny texts. Hallelujah.. To get a better looking picture quality of the screen, you'll need to use enough brightness on the phone to accentuate the mildness of color as exhibited by the underwhelming panel... Too many cheap stuffs... Take it from me, Leagoo sent a Nigerian to do the screen panel shopping. Trust me, I know.

Verdict: A 2.5D arc glass would have offer a more positive rendering as compared to the plain glass digitizer... I'll have to say that the screen suffers from the bells and whistles of having a HD display.

PCB/RAM/ROM/Performance: Are you feeling fly using this 60$< device, you should, for a budget device, yeah one should feel glad that he/she is getting enough value for money. I can say categorically that this is where the phone has more than 80% of its price well spent on. It offers a 2Gb ram and 16Gb internal storage (Software issue allows it to show that Apps have used more than 10Gb however the reverse is the case. A SW update, when rolled out, should fix it though). It further goes on to win praises for its use of a MTK 6580A and not a dual-core spreadtrum processor... Thank Thee Leagoo!. The performance of the phone is just around its contemporaries, nifty (not snappy), less of a lag-house if you are doing it moderate with the number of killer apps and games. Need i mention the fingerprint sensor, on my product, i wished it hadn't been included cos it fails to recognize at EVERY first attempt, subsequent attempts prove abortive/successful in say 50/50 so, it is one of the most compromising feature on the phone. At least to me.

Verdict: KUMBAYA! Leagoo gave me a reason not to help them descend the price to less than 40$ with the magnanimity of the offering at the heart of the device. Plenty of storage (for its price), Twice the expected Ram volume (again. at this price) and a good cluster of 4 processors @ 1.3GHz... If i could trade the Fingerprint sensor with OTG feature, a Notification led and a front flash. I happily would.

Features/Features/Features: No miravison, No OTG with the high and mighty 4KmAh Li-ion battery, There is less than a handful of features that can be handpicked. I searched and all thanks or no thanks to Stock Android Nougat, most of the phone's features are dependent on what google had incorporated with its SW. I love the customization that is offered with Google AOSP keyboard though.

I wouldn't say much about it's battery... it is another selling point, i won't touch the cameras (they could have been praised if they'd called 'em a dual 3.12mp shooter) the eyes of this device are vision-less, only good for shooting masquerades or sands in the beach or the number plate of a stolen vehicle. I do find however that led flash complemented still pictures well, providing better saturation and depth. I have zero interests in bokeh.....

Phew, i rushed things towards the end... bear with me... I'll correct grammatical errors and modify as i find worthy things too.... Thanks for reading.

your long epistle wouldnt stop me from buying this phone

1 Like

Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by Chopwater: 2:11pm On Feb 10, 2018
tolamio:
About 3hrs30mins
Tanx Bro. I'm Going 4 Dis Phone.
Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by Uzowee(m): 3:15pm On Feb 10, 2018
Am a fan of long lasting battery. That's the reason am buying this phone... Waiting for my own to arrive

1 Like

Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by XVIER(m): 3:43pm On Feb 10, 2018
my kiicaa finally arrived yesterday after 4 days. The phone is ok for it's price, everything cost me 21.99k including shipping

Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by nenergy(m): 4:12pm On Feb 10, 2018
Chopwater:
Tanx Bro. I'm Going 4 Dis Phone.
What's your location? I have the black variant for sale. Brand new. 22k
Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by beefox(m): 6:16pm On Feb 10, 2018
good afternoon house...i want to order for this LEEGOO but I want to know if the phone have front flash and is the size exactly 5 inches because one of my friend told me the phone is not up to 5inches
Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by Rick9(m): 9:14pm On Feb 10, 2018
Chopwater:
Hw Many Hours Does It Take To Charge Fully

To charge from 0-100%
Takes at least 4 hours

30% = 1 Hour
Very annoying,

And if u are chargeing ur fone and Browsing, it won't even move, you need to off ur data & leave it to charge.
Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by Rick9(m): 9:21pm On Feb 10, 2018
Why is nobody saying anything about the slow chargeing
Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by nenergy(m): 9:23pm On Feb 10, 2018
Rick9:
Why is nobody saying anything about the slow chargeing
Because wise people use chargers with more amp. The average Nigerian has at least 2 chargers.

1 Like

Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by Hadar4328(m): 9:23pm On Feb 10, 2018
beefox:
good afternoon house...i want to order for this LEEGOO but I want to know if the phone have front flash and is the size exactly 5 inches because one of my friend told me the phone is not up to 5inches
The phone has a real 5" display.
Screen sizes of digital displays are measured diagonally so it is possible to have two 5" phones with unequal length and width. This is only effected by the aspect ratio though.
Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by nenergy(m): 9:24pm On Feb 10, 2018
beefox:
No front flash and the screen display is 5 inches.
Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by Rick9(m): 9:48pm On Feb 10, 2018
nenergy:

Because wise people use chargers with more amp. The average Nigerian has at least 2 chargers.

SMH, The Phone came with a 1.5A Charger, I used my Infinix 2A & 3A charger , the phone was still charging slowly.

The manufacturers never manufactured the phone to charge fast like my former phone Infinix Note 2.

I too know.
Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by zeanslim(m): 11:21pm On Feb 10, 2018
have anybody been able to fix a broken screen touch of this device, if .. how, where and how much .. I do have a broken device that needs fixing
Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by yemkaf(m): 12:36am On Feb 11, 2018
Rick9:

On full charge it can last for almost 8-9 hours.

But it charges very slowly that's why am not happy with the phone
U can try a powerful charge, I try charge it with my boss huawe G-Power chager and it charge very fast. I think the charger strength is low to the battery strength

1 Like

Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by 1boylikevhis(m): 1:13am On Feb 11, 2018
henry007:

Are you still using this phone?
My Mum does now, Smooth ride.
Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by nenergy(m): 7:47am On Feb 11, 2018
Rick9:

SMH, The Phone came with a 1.5A Charger, I used my Infinix 2A & 3A charger , the phone was still charging slowly.

The manufacturers never manufactured the phone to charge fast like my former phone Infinix Note 2.

I too know.
The phone doesn't have fast charge ability. 4000mAh won't get full in 1hour. The phone is cheap, the battery is strong... don't complain too much
Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by nenergy(m): 7:48am On Feb 11, 2018
zeanslim:
have anybody been able to fix a broken screen touch of this device, if .. how, where and how much .. I do have a broken device that needs fixing
Did you use glass protector?
Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by zeanslim(m): 9:14am On Feb 11, 2018
nenergy:
Did you use glass protector?
No
do you have where to fix ?
Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by Mirandah(f): 10:24am On Feb 11, 2018
giddy23:
Please guys, how is the camera like, am thinking of trading my infinix hot 4 lite for it?
please, don't.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by Mirandah(f): 10:34am On Feb 11, 2018
emeraldknytt:

your sense of humor is simply AMAZING!

I wouldnt have said it any other way!

2 Likes

Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by jinka(m): 11:17am On Feb 11, 2018
please where can I get glass protector or tampered glass for my leagoo kiicca? scared of it falling down
Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by nenergy(m): 11:20am On Feb 11, 2018
zeanslim:

No

do you have where to fix ?
I always advise people to buy a glass protector. You'll need to but the screen online. Some said its on AliExpress. Look through the thread, you'll see the comment
Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by nenergy(m): 11:23am On Feb 11, 2018
jinka:
please where can I get glass protector or tampered glass for my leagoo kiicca? scared of it falling down
It's available for N1,250 (excluding shipping). Call me or chat me I'll place order for you. Pay on delivery depends on location. Zero 8 Zero 2 3 8 7 0 2 7 2

Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by jinka(m): 11:54am On Feb 11, 2018
nenergy:

It's available for N1,250 (excluding shipping). Call me or chat me I'll place order for you. Pay on delivery depends on location. Zero 8 Zero 2 3 8 7 0 2 7 2

that's too expensive oo. can't I use any tempered screen of 5". must it b kicca power screen protector
Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by nenergy(m): 12:00pm On Feb 11, 2018
jinka:

that's too expensive oo. can't I use any tempered screen of 5". must it b kicca power screen protector
Sure there are generic glass protectors that can fit the kiicaa power. Generic are cheaper coz they fit plenty phones.. This was made specifically for the Kiicaa, hence the more expensive. Buy anyone you can afford
Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by zeanslim(m): 12:10pm On Feb 11, 2018
nenergy:

I always advise people to buy a glass protector. You'll need to but the screen online. Some said its on AliExpress. Look through the thread, you'll see the comment

It's not my device, also advised the owner to fix a protector, but she later removed it claiming it was blocking her speakers.

besides this phone went through a lot before it actually stopped responding to touch.

I will be grateful if you can help with the link.

1 Like

Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by ifeanyibxt: 8:02pm On Feb 11, 2018
XVIER:
my kiicaa finally arrived yesterday after 4 days. The phone is ok for it's price, everything cost me 21.99k including shipping
Did it take how many days to be delivered to you...

Is it at their pickup station
Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by nenergy(m): 8:08pm On Feb 11, 2018
zeanslim:

It's not my device, also advised the owner to fix a protector, but she later removed it claiming it was blocking her speakers.

besides this phone went through a lot before it actually stopped responding to touch.

Is the display still in tact? If yes, you only need to change the touch screen/digitizer. It's $7.80 on AliExpress. This the link. Nairaland will edit it , so quote to see full link
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32830526886.html

1 Like

Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by XVIER(m): 8:09pm On Feb 11, 2018
ifeanyibxt:
Did it take how many days to be delivered to you...

Is it at their pickup station
it took them 4 days after ordering for the phone to get to me. And it was delivered to me in my home address
Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by nenergy(m): 8:09pm On Feb 11, 2018
zeanslim:

Is the display (LCD) still in tact? If yes, you only need to change the touch screen/digitizer. It's $7.80 on AliExpress. This the link. Nairaland might edit it , so quote to see full link
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32830526886.html

1 Like

Re: LEAGOO KIICAA Power discussion thread by sheggsliveth: 7:09am On Feb 12, 2018
XVIER:
it took them 4 days after ordering for the phone to get to me. And it was delivered to me in my home address

Is jumiaexpress pay on delivery?

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (96) (Reply)

Lovely Text Messages / Come In For Important Android Free & Paid AppsĀ® [Android Solutions Headquarter] / How To Download ANY YOUTUBE VIDEO Using Your Blackberry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.