Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Most Doctors In General Hospitals Are There For Person Interest - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Most Doctors In General Hospitals Are There For Person Interest (789 Views)

Umahi Completes Reconstruction Of Two General Hospitals In Ebonyi In 20 Day(pix) / COVID-19: Our Hospitals Are Stretched, U.S Tells Citizens Leaving Nigeria / Fire Accident Victim Rejected By General Hospitals In Lagos Dies (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Doctors In General Hospitals Are There For Person Interest by shege45: 4:17am On Aug 14, 2017
For a while now, i have been battling with recurring typhoid.i have been to several private hospitals,got admitted and also being an out patient in so many pharmacy. I have done several tests .Recently i did a stool test and i still saw typhoid and one worm with a funny name. Am currently on drugs to flush out thre worm from my system but i still need to get rid of the salmonella found in my stool. I took this result to a government hospital yesterday to see a doctor because i know i won't be chanced this week. When i got there,i met a Doctor, i explained to her,told her how long i had battled this and i took all the tests i have done so far ranging from liver function,hiv and co.The doctor saw i was desperate to get rid of this stuff. The doctor said i could be treated easily that there's very strong antibiotics that would be giving to me.That if i wanted that treatment which she believes would clear it up,she has to treat me privately. i have to pay 10k for her consultation fee and still pay heavily for the drugs but if i don't want that,she could go with the hospitals treatment. My people, at that point i got confused ,i don't know if the hospital treatment is different from the doctors treatment.she gave me her number to call if i was interested.In the past,i have heard of stories whereby doctors in government hospitals get customers to thier private hospitals by referring them there,but side hustle under the general hospital is harsh.According to her,She knows what would help me,instead of telling me there so i could start treatment, she wants to give me her service at black market price. Currently now in nigeria,our health sector is as corrupt as politics.The one place the poor masses go to sick for health solution is where this guys are using as side hustle. I just cant wait to leave this country and never return because our problem doesn't even lie with our politicians, it lies in our hands.
Re: Most Doctors In General Hospitals Are There For Person Interest by gede7744(f): 5:13am On Aug 14, 2017
shege45:
For a while now, i have been battling with recurring typhoid.i have been to several private hospitals,got admitted and also being an out patient in so many pharmacy. I have done several tests .Recently i did a stool test and i still saw typhoid and one worm with a funny name. Am currently on drugs to flush out thre worm from my system but i still need to get rid of the salmonella found in my stool. I took this result to a government hospital yesterday to see a doctor because i know i won't be chanced this week. When i got there,i met a Doctor, i explained to her,told her how long i had battled this and i took all the tests i have done so far ranging from liver function,hiv and co.The doctor saw i was desperate to get rid of this stuff. The doctor said i could be treated easily that there's very strong antibiotics that would be giving to me.That if i wanted that treatment which she believes would clear it up,she has to treat me privately. i have to pay 10k for her consultation fee and still pay heavily for the drugs but if i don't want that,she could go with the hospitals treatment. My people, at that point i got confused ,i don't know if the hospital treatment is different from the doctors treatment.she gave me her number to call if i was interested.In the past,i have heard of stories whereby doctors in government hospitals get customers to thier private hospitals by referring them there,but side hustle under the general hospital is harsh.According to her,She knows what would help me,instead of telling me there so i could start treatment, she wants to give me her service at black market price. Currently now in nigeria,our health sector is as corrupt as politics.The one place the poor masses go to sick for health solution is where this guys are using as side hustle. I just cant wait to leave this country and never return because our problem doesn't even lie with our politicians, it lies in our hands.

that's just it. l had same experience with some general hospital doctors but like you said, they will refer you to their private hospitals and give you the same drugs they can administer at general at an exorbitant prices. that is their way nothing can be done about it
Re: Most Doctors In General Hospitals Are There For Person Interest by thesicilian: 5:34am On Aug 14, 2017
Life is personal. The patients themselves are there for their own personal interests.

1 Like

Re: Most Doctors In General Hospitals Are There For Person Interest by shege45: 5:48am On Aug 14, 2017
thesicilian:
Life is personal. The patients themselves are there for their own personal interests.
then y are they paid by d government? why dnt dey do dat in thier own private clinic
Re: Most Doctors In General Hospitals Are There For Person Interest by thesicilian: 5:55am On Aug 14, 2017
shege45:
then y are they paid by d government? why dnt dey do dat in thier own private clinic
Which government? This same government that everyone is complaining about?
Re: Most Doctors In General Hospitals Are There For Person Interest by shege45: 5:56am On Aug 14, 2017
thesicilian:

Which government? This same government that everyone is complaining about?
pple complain bt they still get paid...
Re: Most Doctors In General Hospitals Are There For Person Interest by thesicilian: 6:09am On Aug 14, 2017
shege45:
pple complain bt they still get paid...
OK
Re: Most Doctors In General Hospitals Are There For Person Interest by yomi007k(m): 6:56am On Aug 14, 2017
Op,
Chronic typhoid treatment can be very expensive and cumbersome depending on the concentration and duration in your body.

I know u feel u are being cheated but that is the reality. The doctor will go extra mile for u in the private hospital but government hospital has their procedure and cannot so that becos of many people waiting to get different treatment.

Likewise, general hospitals also have some benefits over private.

The choice is really yours to be made, she only gave u options.

Shalom.
Re: Most Doctors In General Hospitals Are There For Person Interest by shege45: 10:48am On Aug 14, 2017
yomi007k:
Op,
Chronic typhoid treatment can be very expensive and cumbersome depending on the concentration and duration in your body.

I know u feel u are being cheated but that is the reality. The doctor will go extra mile for u in the private hospital but government hospital has their procedure and cannot so that becos of many people waiting to get different treatment.

Likewise, general hospitals also have some benefits over private.

The choice is really yours to be made, she only gave u options.

Shalom.
Doc (i.called u dat cus i knw u are a real doctor,i knw u very well here) am nt saying wat she did is bad oo,wat am saying is why charge such consultation fee..i was willing to pay for the treatment even though it is expensive bt y did she include consultation fee ,if i wanted to pay consultation fee i wld have gone to one very old and over experienced doctor dat collects 5k for consultation. d option she gave isnt cool.u knw u can help someone,does she want me to go with the hospital own and come back in weeks again?doc u self suppose understand
Re: Most Doctors In General Hospitals Are There For Person Interest by koppa(m): 1:57pm On Aug 14, 2017
shege45:
Doc (i.called u dat cus i knw u are a real doctor,i knw u very well here) am nt saying wat she did is bad oo,wat am saying is why charge such consultation fee..i was willing to pay for the treatment even though it is expensive bt y did she include consultation fee ,if i wanted to pay consultation fee i wld have gone to one very old and over experienced doctor dat collects 5k for consultation. d option she gave isnt cool.u knw u can help someone,does she want me to go with the hospital own and come back in weeks again?doc u self suppose understand
well done bro, please wanna ask if you ever had gynecomastia?
Re: Most Doctors In General Hospitals Are There For Person Interest by shege45: 2:27pm On Aug 14, 2017
koppa:
well done bro, please wanna ask if you ever had gynecomastia?
dat was 4 yrs ago...my breast was a little swell and painful
Re: Most Doctors In General Hospitals Are There For Person Interest by Nobody: 2:57pm On Aug 14, 2017
@Shege45 , I usually get very irritated and quesy when I come across generalisations as you have done in your thread. I consider such persons as bereft of sound reasoning, hence time-wasters in attempted civil conversations.
You get an experience with a handful of doctors and then you think that's enough to give you an impression of 'most' doctors in general hospitals. Ofcus its a norm to 'slut-shame ' doctors in this part of the world, that's just a favourite past time to many.
Onto your issue, brother, in the medical practise, you're at liberty to determine which doctor you want to relate with and so if Doc A doestn give you a favourable interaction, feel free to go to Doc B, C -Z, running to social media to desparage doctors is just spog and explains why even a chemist with a school cert would play on your intelligence even if you're a PhD holder.
That said, if truly this did happen, by a medical doctor, its sad that such bad eggs exist in the profession. Give name or specifics to your bitterness. The hospital has a name, the doctor has a name and there is a regulatory body which handles such cases. In my years of practise, I don't recall outsourcing my services or putting financial inducements above my patient's interest, and I know not a few colleagues in the general hospitals who stay above board.
Do have a nice day.
Re: Most Doctors In General Hospitals Are There For Person Interest by koppa(m): 3:12pm On Aug 14, 2017
shege45:
dat was 4 yrs ago...my breast was a little swell and painful
okay, can we chat on WhatsApp please 09037407780... thanks

(1) (Reply)

Doctors In The House Pls Come To My Aid, On Ultrasound Scan / Photos Of The Las Vegas Hospital Where Victims Of The Mandalay Bay Were Rush To / Sexually Transmitted Diseases (stds): Symptoms You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.