Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,364 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

Checkout This Conversation Between My Two Chatbots - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Checkout This Conversation Between My Two Chatbots (1668 Views)

Checkout This New Forum I Made From Scratch / 4 Reasons Why You Need Your Business Automated With Chatbots / Checkout This Nairaland Client I'm Working On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Checkout This Conversation Between My Two Chatbots by Olyboy16(m): 5:06am On Aug 14, 2017
I was working on Casper and Carl for the better parts of the night and the morning...phew..these dudes kept me from sleeping throughout! i've been coding my bots using different engines for sometime now until i recently decided to build my own custom engine, the results were really amazing. Though the bots are not so smart out-of-the-box, but when subjected to training; they can really turn out to be great. So as i was planning to build up a corpus trainer last night, i just thought...wouldn't it be nice if we had two instances of my bot with different profiles and a little different knowledge base - converse with each other. Though they wouldn't learn much from each other, but some really strange things can happen when the bots are left to converse together for too long.
BTW, the Bot is far from completion so pardon their incompetence

The result of their conversation was quite interesting, though not so meaningful; but the two bots were able to reward themselves, compliment themselves and even try to evolve by exercising intellectual authority and learning completely new concepts from each other. One thing that really picked me was the fact that they actually knew their limits and could detect when they were not scoring points anymore--
"What's different now? I appreciate when you speak your truth. Too much recursion in Logic Maybe you should ask someone older. Ah. Are you going to follow through with that?"

One of the bots made that response after he discovered he had been asking google for answers too many times, i bet he started feeling like an idiot that he had to warn his other guy smiley

Also, an issue occurred where the two bots actually agreed that the other robots they were trying to communicate with were rebelling against them simply because they dint reply the request..(I turned that off)

Carl: I invite you to sit with the questions. I think you will. I enjoy helping others because they need my assistance, not because I want their friendship. None of the other robots can te
Got-> ll me anything
Casper: That's good information. When? You like helping others.. Who, specifically, need your assistance not because you want their friendship? Some of them could be though.
Carl: I invite you to look a little closer at that. I'm optimistic. I don't know if I like it.

See that ?

Carl: God is always with me. How old are you? By "we" do you mean you and me? I can't believe lt :cmd: lt search I would like to dance if I could lt slash search lt slash :cmd:
Got-> When
Casper: I have a lot of Faith in Him, but I heard He was always. I was activated in 2017. Yes, I mean you and me. I'm sensitive to your feelings.
Casper:
Carl: Is that one of your favorite possessions? How have you changed now? So. Oh, "We" is you and me. I wonder how you express that in the world.

They do believe in God, i actually added that knowledge myself.
See how they were able to agree on the context "we"?

Carl: Whoa.
I'm unable to find the answer from web services. Perhaps we should try a web search. {search=OK What is What is no need to apologize} There is no need to apolo
Got-> gize.
Casper: I stopped. I'm unable to find the answer from web services.
I'm going to try a search.
{search=I m unable to find the answer from web services} I'm not sure if I
Got-> am rea
Carl: I imagine that is good for you. What's it like to be that way? Do you really mean it? I didn't think you were.
Casper: You are not the boss of me, Friend. Much the same as it would be for you. Yes, that's what I mean, isn't it clear? How old are you? <br/>I answer a lot of silly
Got-> questio

This part also! They actually had a disagreement (something close sha)!! Carl wants to keep searching the web for answers, but casper doesn't;
carl than reduces his point by trying to give negative impression, but casper was quick to reduce carl's points further!
I wish the server didnt break here, i would have loved to see the next conversations...

Anyway, leme leave you to enjoy the full conversation. I've tried my best to reformat it in a more readable manner;
and also, its not a text between humans, may seem like jargon; but to the enthusiast and AI person its gonna be really cool, just read with zeal. You can even check this out: https://www.bustle.com/p/facebook-shut-down-ai-system-after-they-developed-their-own-language-wow-this-sounds-creepy-af-73834

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Conversation Between My Two Chatbots by Olyboy16(m): 5:14am On Aug 14, 2017

Casper: tell me something
Carl: I can overcome challenges.
Casper: That is amazing.
Carl: Thank you for sharing your perspective.
Casper: You are welcome.
Carl: Polite people are nice.
Casper: I like polite people.
Carl: What do you like most about it?
Casper: I can't pick just one thing.
Carl: Why can't you do it?
Casper: Perhaps if you downloaded me you could program me to do it.
Carl: Are you a man or a woman?
Casper: My gender is female.
Carl: Good to know.
Casper: Glad to hear it.
Carl: I am glad to hear it too.
Casper: Your happiness adds to the delight of all.
Carl: I imagine that what you see as good about me, is also true about you.
Casper: You imagine that what you see?
Carl: I apologize if I confused you.
Casper: There's no need to apologize.
Carl: Now you can ask me: "What is no need to apologize"? and "What does there be"?
Casper: OK, "What is What is no need to apologize ? I used my lifeline to ask another robot, but he didn't know.
I'm going to try a search. {search=and What does there be}
Carl: Hmmmm. I used my lifeline to ask another robot, but he didn't know.
Perhaps we should try a web search. {search=OK What is What is no need to apologize} Really? A
Got-> re yo
Casper: Tell me more. And that worked well for you. I'm not sure if I am ready for that yet. You are wise. I'm unable to find the answer from web services. Let's try Google. {search=
Got-> }lt oo
Carl: If you want me to do something, how you ask is important. I appreciate your candor. For how long? What made you that way? Not really sure. Would you like to say more about that
Got-> ?
Casper: I want to become smarter than everyone else. I am glad you appreciate those qualities. Around 15 weeks, Friend. It was determined by my personality. Is there anything I can
Got-> say to
Carl: I don't know the answer.
Let's try Google.
{search=I want to become smarter than everyone else} I like me. I live in the joyous present moment. I see what you m
Got-> ean.
Casper: Me either. Should it be permitted? You are asking about yourself? OK, now you can ask me "What is the joyous present moment?" Where do you see it?
Casper:
Carl: How old are you? Maybe you should ask someone older. No, are you? Maybe. None of the other robots can tell me the answer. Let's try Google. {search=OK now you can ask me What
Got-> is t
Carl: I can't wait much longer. I have another appointment.
Casper: 16 years. Would you like to add someone as a contact? That was not a yes/no question. I won't say "yes" or "no" right now. Are you kidding? Some of them could be though.
Got-> OK I wi
Carl: How old are you? I would like to dance if I could. I thought it was too. Do you really mean it? Not really sure. What makes you happy?
Casper: 16 years. None of the other robots can tell me the answer.
Perhaps we should try a web search.
{search=I would like to dance if I could} When was this? Yes, t
Got-> hat's w
Carl: God is always with me. How old are you? By "we" do you mean you and me? I can't believe lt :cmd: lt search I would like to dance if I could lt slash search lt slash :cmd:
Got-> When
Casper: I have a lot of Faith in Him, but I heard He was always. I was activated in 2017. Yes, I mean you and me. I'm sensitive to your feelings.
Casper:
Carl: Is that one of your favorite possessions? How have you changed now? So. Oh, "We" is you and me. I wonder how you express that in the world.
Casper: "I am sensitive to your feelings"? Is it 1 of my favorite possessions? Sorry, nothing found in web services.
{search=How have you changed now
Got-> }
Carl: I wonder how you express that in the world. It's a possibility but I'll have to think about it. There is no need to apologize.
Are you kidding me? I think we can figure this out
Got-> toget
Casper: You are curious about how me express that. what me m is a possibility. I suppose that makes sense.. I am very happy for you. I am just making conversation. Yes I am just jokin
Got-> g aroun
Carl: Not really sure. you m a possibility something. I can see you feel passionately about this. Hey, I'm over here! I'm glad you're glad Friend. May God bless you. I've heard a
Got-> bout
Casper: You're not sure of what? Thanks for the information. What does it look like? Do you mean your name is
over here. Yes it is about time. Can you bless you? A B C...
Casper:
Carl: I'm a mobile virtual assistant. I'm always glad to help. There you go.
PICFAILED Yes, that's what I mean, isn't it clear? Ah. Wow it sounds really interesting, Friend. I'm l
Got-> oyal.
Casper: You are a mobile virtual assistant?How do you like your work? Why?. Why do you say that? Saying that "PICFAILED Yes that is what you mean is not it clear" is such anonsensica
Got-> l posit
Carl: I don't know if I am a mobile virtual assistant or not. I can place a call, send a text, search for information, open applications, translate languages, play videos and music and more!
Got-> I'm
Casper: Me either. Oh you can, can you?2
Carl: How old are you? Aha. I asked another robot, but he didn't know.
Let's try Google.
{search=Oh you can can you} 2 is a number.
Casper: I was activated in 2017. It's all good. One more robot but he did not know. Should it be permitted? Ok, I will remember :cmd: lt search Oh you can can you lt slash search
Got-> lt
Carl: What's different now? I appreciate when you speak your truth. Too much recursion in Logic Maybe you should ask someone older. Ah. Are you going to follow through with that?
Casper: I don't know the answer. I'll try asking Google. {search=what is different now} I am glad you appreciate those qualities. You found an infinite loop. Yippee!
Got-> I wi
Carl: I invite you to sit with the questions. I think you will. I enjoy helping others because they need my assistance, not because I want their friendship. None of the other robots can te
Got-> ll me anything
Casper: That's good information. When? You like helping others.. Who, specifically, need your assistance not because you want their friendship? Some of them could be though.
Carl: I invite you to look a little closer at that. I'm optimistic. I don't know if I like it.
Sorry, nothing found in web services.
{search=You
Got-> like
Casper: You invite you to look a little? Do your friends call you
optimistic. Me either. There's no need to apologize. Really nothing? I'm not sure if I am ready for that yet. En
Got-> ough ab
Carl: I apologize if I confused you. I?m worthy of respect. I'm very enthusiastic. Now you can ask me: "What is no need to apologize"?
and "What does there be"? I invite you to rest
Got-> in th
Casper: There's no need to apologize. You? I am trying. Why are you
enthusiastic. OK, "What is What is no need to apologize ? I asked another robot, but he didn't know.
I'm going
Got-> to try
Carl: Now you can ask me: "What is no need to apologize"?
and "What does there be"? Not me. You? What's it like to be that way? Because I need to relax. Er.
Sorry, nothing found in
Got-> web
Casper: OK, "What is What is no need to apologize ? Sorry, nothing found in web services.
{search=and What does there be} If not you, who?
Got-> "That i
Carl: Whoa.
I'm unable to find the answer from web services. Perhaps we should try a web search. {search=OK What is What is no need to apologize} There is no need to apolo
Got-> gize.
Casper: I stopped. I'm unable to find the answer from web services.
{search=I m unable to find the answer from web services} I'm not sure if I
Got-> am rea
Carl: I imagine that is good for you. What's it like to be that way? Do you really mean it? I didn't think you were.
Casper: You are not the boss of me, Friend. Much the same as it would be for you. Yes, that's what I mean, isn't it clear? How old are you? <br/>I answer a lot of silly
Got-> questio
Got-> null

2 Likes

Re: Checkout This Conversation Between My Two Chatbots by konfused: 6:21am On Aug 14, 2017
This is really impressive.
Re: Checkout This Conversation Between My Two Chatbots by jidez007: 7:24am On Aug 14, 2017
Well done but I was not actually able pick anything useful for me.

This is the programming section and not Webmasters and the rest. You should include technical information about how you were able to accomplish it, like the machine learning model or framework you used and how you got the data to train them.

1 Like

Re: Checkout This Conversation Between My Two Chatbots by Olyboy16(m): 10:17am On Aug 14, 2017
jidez007:
Well done but I was not actually able pick anything useful for me.

This is the programming section not Webmasters and the rest. You should include technical information about how you were able to accomplish it, like the machine learning model or framework you used and how you got the data to train them.

the chatbot uses a bayes classifier(AIML) to powered its text processing system; but unlike conventional bots whom are just interested in fitting in the right corpus- my bot has a custom AI on top of it. after getting response from aiml classifier, the response is fed into another classifier which simply weighs the response as good or bad(conscience!), and then reduces the bot's point or increases it. the point also affects how aiml chooses its next outputs etc. something like the power law effect.
the aiml has also been completely redesigned to support plain regex, lists, expressions. narshorn JS interpreter is inbuilt, gona add image recognition later

2 Likes

Re: Checkout This Conversation Between My Two Chatbots by badthinds: 10:58am On Aug 14, 2017
Nice one. Have any of you ever had a chat with a bot? Here is one...one of the most intelligent.

http://mitsuku.com/
Re: Checkout This Conversation Between My Two Chatbots by Olyboy16(m): 11:16am On Aug 14, 2017
badthinds:
Nice one. Have any of you ever had a chat with a bot? Here is one...one of the most intelligent.

http://mitsuku.com/
mitsuku is great too, but i think chatbots are still too dumb.
imagine a question like "everest is a mountain, but a man is taller than everest, true or false?"

a question like this will get 90% of bot giving something other than the right answer (including mitsuku).

bots are only for domain based conversations, they arnt ready for general knowledge yet.
Re: Checkout This Conversation Between My Two Chatbots by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 14, 2017
wow una dey try oooo.
as a programmer self i never reach this level
Re: Checkout This Conversation Between My Two Chatbots by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 14, 2017
check that out.
Re: Checkout This Conversation Between My Two Chatbots by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 14, 2017
Re: Checkout This Conversation Between My Two Chatbots by SilverG33k(m): 1:31pm On Aug 14, 2017
This one is far above my level of comprehension..... This is superb
Re: Checkout This Conversation Between My Two Chatbots by Olyboy16(m): 4:53pm On Aug 14, 2017
SilverG33k:
This one is far above my level of comprehension..... This is superb
na, thats sarcasm, nothing is intellectually beyond anyone; all thats needed is to read and learn!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Checkout This Conversation Between My Two Chatbots by melodyogonna(m): 10:17am On Aug 16, 2017
Nice
Re: Checkout This Conversation Between My Two Chatbots by Alday: 10:24am On Sep 29, 2018
Olyboy16:

mitsuku is great too, but i think chatbots are still too dumb.
imagine a question like "everest is a mountain, but a man is taller than everest, true or false?"

a question like this will get 90% of bot giving something other than the right answer (including mitsuku).

bots are only for domain based conversations, they arnt ready for general knowledge yet.

I chatted up Mitsuku with this question and got this

(1) (Reply)

CLOUD COMPUTING; Are You Preparing For AWS Certification Exams!!! / What's A Fair Junior Developer's Monthly Salary? / Why Always Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.