Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Will He Ever Answer My Prayers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will He Ever Answer My Prayers? (331 Views)

Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? / I Challenge Pastordavidawuj To Answer My Questions On His Claims / Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Will He Ever Answer My Prayers? by Sokere8: 5:33am On Aug 14, 2017
God is a sovereign spirit being who is always there to listen and grant our requests. When we make a request to our earthly parents, first, they examine the necessity of our demand, before it is either granted, postpone or cancelled. This is same with God. He answers all our prayers just that the answer may not come the way we expected it.

Today, let’s look at the different forms God answers our prayers.

1)  “Yes!”    

“Whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and you will see it fulfilled.”                    Mark 11:24

It is normal to expect a “yes” answer to all our requests.  Faith makes us believe before we see the manifestation of the answer. Getting a “yes” answer makes the heart joyful. God loves us so each time we ask for something good, He never fails in granting our heart desires.

Also, perseverance in our prayers goes a long way in facilitating our answer. If you show seriousness about what you want it could soften the heart of the King to grant your request speedily.

2) “No!”

“You ask, and you do not receive, because you ask badly, in order to satisfy your passions!” James 4.3

There was a day I was using a scissors to cut some clothes, my two years old niece saw me and wanted to collect the scissors, probably because she thought it was some toy. I always gave her things to play with but I refused to give her the scissors. She must have thought in her little mind that I hated her not knowing that I was only shielding her from hurting herself.

When we ask for something from God, we assume what we want is good for us. But most times what we want might not be good for us. God, being an omniscience might decide not to grant our request. He knows exactly what is best for us. He knows very well that in granting certain prayers, there would be harmful consequences on our lives, or that of others, in the medium or long term.

It could be a particular country you want to relocate to and you have prayed about it but the visa processing keeps bouncing. God may not want you to go there because of possible dangers He sees in the future over there. He could also have a better place or plan for your life. But most of us would prefer to whine about our unsuccessful attempts instead of depending on God for the fulfilment of His purpose in our lives.

Another aspect that people hate to get a “No” is in the area of marriage. Probably because one had already fallen deeply in love with their partner, so when God says “NO!” they find it difficult to obey. There are huge consequences that follow every disobedience and great blessings for every obedience. It is good to always accept His “No” response while we wait for His direction. 

Read full article at
http://www.soniasblog.com/2017/07/will-he-ever-answer-my-prayers.html

Follow us on www.soniasblog.com
Re: Will He Ever Answer My Prayers? by orisa37: 7:38am On Aug 14, 2017
God answers all Prayers in His way and time. Just learn to wait for Him. Exodus: 14:14, Psalm 37. Worry is a Sin and a Satanic Spirit!
Re: Will He Ever Answer My Prayers? by Kobojunkie: 12:53am On Mar 08
Sokere8:
God is a sovereign spirit being who is always there to listen and grant our requests. When we make a request to our earthly parents, first, they examine the necessity of our demand, before it is either granted, postpone or cancelled. This is same with God. He answers all our prayers just that the answer may not come the way we expected it. Today, let’s look at the different forms God answers our prayers.
1)  “Yes!”    
“Whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and you will see it fulfilled.”                    Mark 11:24
It is normal to expect a “yes” answer to all our requests.  Faith makes us believe before we see the manifestation of the answer. Getting a “yes” answer makes the heart joyful. God loves us so each time we ask for something good, He never fails in granting our heart desires.
Also, perseverance in our prayers goes a long way in facilitating our answer. If you show seriousness about what you want it could soften the heart of the King to grant your request speedily.
2) “No!”
   “You ask, and you do not receive, because you ask badly, in order to satisfy your passions!” James 4.3
There was a day I was using a scissors to cut some clothes, my two years old niece saw me and wanted to collect the scissors, probably because she thought it was some toy. I always gave her things to play with but I refused to give her the scissors. She must have thought in her little mind that I hated her not knowing that I was only shielding her from hurting herself.
When we ask for something from God, we assume what we want is good for us. But most times what we want might not be good for us. God, being an omniscience might decide not to grant our request. He knows exactly what is best for us. He knows very well that in granting certain prayers, there would be harmful consequences on our lives, or that of others, in the medium or long term.
It could be a particular country you want to relocate to and you have prayed about it but the visa processing keeps bouncing. God may not want you to go there because of possible dangers He sees in the future over there. He could also have a better place or plan for your life. But most of us would prefer to whine about our unsuccessful attempts instead of depending on God for the fulfilment of His purpose in our lives.
Another aspect that people hate to get a “No” is in the area of marriage. Probably because one had already fallen deeply in love with their partner, so when God says “NO!” they find it difficult to obey. There are huge consequences that follow every disobedience and great blessings for every obedience. It is good to always accept His “No” response while we wait for His direction. 
You see, Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition, praise, offering, work, plea, sacrifice, etc., of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of plea. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who he loves. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness so that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. As Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the only path to God and His righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

God deals indirectly with the unrighteous, the same way He deals with the unbelievers including the wicked and the ungrateful and that is by pouring out His mercy and kindness on them daily. So every time as an unrighteous you feel that God has answered your prayer know that at that same moment, or moments before that, God also provided the same mercy or similar to someone else across the world — or maybe just across from you— who does not even believe in God, nor asked God for anything. So, if answers from God are what you seek, then do what Jesus Christ said you should, which is to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness), and then God's righteousness, so that all these things —the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(including answers to prayers) can be added to you. undecided

(1) (Reply)

Hmmm / The Great "I AM" / Party In Da Lord Till Day Break - S.O.C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.