Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo (38474 Views)

ASUU ‘Thinking Of Another Strike’ - See Reactions / ASUU Calls Off Strike: See Funny Pictures / ASUU Declares One Week Warning Strike (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by adbokus(m): 7:37am On Aug 14, 2017
ismail4sure:
how many years please,
10 years for starters sir. Maybe then 15 if things get frantic...
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by ogawisdom(m): 7:37am On Aug 14, 2017
Long overdue
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by PatriotTemidayo: 7:37am On Aug 14, 2017
I thought we have outgrown this. cry
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by otokx(m): 7:37am On Aug 14, 2017
Marcelinho:
I just pity those final year students who just finished their exams without Senate approving their results thereby delaying them for service.

Oh Nigeria why?

Results can be approved executively by the Vice Chancellor and later ratified by the Senate whenever they sit at a future date.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by AbooTasleemah1(m): 7:38am On Aug 14, 2017
On behalf of all Ladokites, welcome aboard grin

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by nictech: 7:39am On Aug 14, 2017
Moving ahead
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by pedrilo: 7:39am On Aug 14, 2017
The dreaded ASUU strike
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by Nobody: 7:39am On Aug 14, 2017
ASUU? It better to learn handwork before they resume since it's an indefinite strike.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by MrHighSea: 7:39am On Aug 14, 2017
We'll do biz soon.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by adebayo3449(m): 7:39am On Aug 14, 2017
Nbote:

Even with d ASUU memo d only thing dat u could type is lies... Have dey banned u from using d internet to confirm??
And why iz the news not on punch and other top news papers

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by kingdenny(m): 7:40am On Aug 14, 2017
If you are looking for a sign that we have not progressed as a nation, ASUU strike is one of them
Same thing over and over again. Going in circles.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by teamfrosh: 7:40am On Aug 14, 2017
So lautech will also join the strike

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 14, 2017
So let the show begin.....lemme kuku drop out
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by TIDDOLL(m): 7:40am On Aug 14, 2017
Nd exam suppose start today @uniosun..
Kilode bayi undecided
Na just 2months remain for me to commot diz hell hole finally.. cry
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by OlujobaSamuel: 7:41am On Aug 14, 2017
everything na committee, imagine so called knowledgeable forming Strike Committee, 9ja don watch Offa tire, make we move to Ilorin abeg
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by Marcelinho(m): 7:41am On Aug 14, 2017
otokx:

Results can be approved executively by the Vice Chancellor and later ratified by the Senate whenever they sit at a future date.
long thing
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by BlueRayDick: 7:43am On Aug 14, 2017
Moda4ckers! That was how they declared indefinite strike that lasted for 6months in 2013 and they postponed our graduating year. That silly strike affected some of my friends who couldn't apply for jobs because they were older than 25 by some months after service and the crazy employers were looking for 25 and below. Smh. Students always suffer for all these mumu strike

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by MrHighSea: 7:44am On Aug 14, 2017
ajebuter:
As usual..

lt would be a long battle and a diicckk-measuring contest between FG and ASUU

while our children will be at the receiving end..

Meanwhile, their kids are studying and graduating from universities abroad..

God will judge all our governments, past or present
Dick-measuring contest. Lol., choi, my belle.o Considering that Prof is short, I wanted to predict, but...wetin consign me.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by Gassong(m): 7:45am On Aug 14, 2017
Our system of education though...this letter was signed by a leader in ASUU incharge of strikes....means they have a dept for issues such as strike which de believe is bent on happening.....pity those students as they need to learn some serious handeork coz no b say work de eait 4 dem anway.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by prevailer247(f): 7:46am On Aug 14, 2017
Laud i envy private unis oooo
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by bahaushe1: 7:47am On Aug 14, 2017
wristbangle:
Some of the key reasons for the strike action is insignificant while I support the payment of retired professors, sponsorship of staff education overseas and revitalising poor condition of state/FG tertiary institutions.

However if they release the remaining N800 billion for them, they would siphon most of it and spend little against the list of key issues stated.

I believe the fault is on the past governments which aids from military to PDP era. "Gbese o da rara".

I would advise the affected students to start looking for lucrative business to do. Indefinite ASUU strike may go for six months atleast.
The money is to be released to Universities governing councils (which is constituted by government) not to ASUU.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by adebayo3449(m): 7:49am On Aug 14, 2017
By Johnbosco Agbakwuru
ABUJA – ACADEMIC Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, will today take a final decision on whether it will proceed on strike over unresolved issues with the Federal Government or not.

Unconfirmed report had it that the union met yesterday at an undisclosed venue to take decision on the looming strike.

But when Vanguard sought confirmation of the meeting from the National President of the union, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi last night, he simply invited our Correspondent to attend a press briefing at Labour House today.

But information had it that Chairmen of state chapters of the union met in Abuja, with the national leadership where they collated and reviewed the results of the referendum they conducted in their separate chapters.

The chairmen whom majority of them had approved a nationwide strike, deliberated alongside the National Executive Council, NEC the duration the strike would last.

Recall that the NEC had met at the Nasarawa State University, Keffi on the 22nd and 23rd July, 2017, and deliberated extensively on issues arising from the 2009 ASUU/FGN agreement, the 2013 MoU and other related issues and decided to conduct a referendum at the branch congresses on the next line of action.

According to a letter signed by the union’s National President Prof. Ogunyemi, the issues at stake included payment of fractions/non-payment of salaries; non-payment of earned academic allowances, non-release of operational licence of NUPENCO, retired professors and their salaries, university staff schools, and funds for the revitalisation of public universities

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/08/ASUU-decides-strike-today/
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by johnnyvid(m): 7:49am On Aug 14, 2017
Pls what of lautech too. Is the strike going to add to their strike hmmmm. God help us in naija ooio. The future of youth in this nation is blinking.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by dancewith: 7:49am On Aug 14, 2017
One can only wonder what our kids are taught these days when a body like this cannot even spell "Thesis" correctly

Very sad
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by Rilwayne001: 7:50am On Aug 14, 2017
I just pray unilorin don't join them is this.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by piagetskinner(m): 7:50am On Aug 14, 2017
oh lord ...this is no good news ooo

these stupid lecturers are just greedy bigots...

most of them lecture in more than 3 universities simultaneously...Govt should put a stop to that
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by raystanley(m): 7:51am On Aug 14, 2017
Menh...
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by mulekanle: 7:52am On Aug 14, 2017
mulekanle:
This is the memo passed by ASUU to declare the 2017 indefinite strike.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by Ksudr(m): 7:52am On Aug 14, 2017
My school isn't joining the strike
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by Toks2008(m): 7:54am On Aug 14, 2017
I was so lucky in my time,spent exactly 4 years without strike...94.95.96.97...

I pray the federal government does something fast cos most of these leaders of not all have their children studying abroad.
Re: ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, See The Memo by sosa993: 7:54am On Aug 14, 2017
I was already imagining what it'll be like to a graduate by October 3 when I'll be writing my final paper. This is just sad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Regrets Of A First Class Student / List Of Nigerian Private Universities That Does Not Require Jamb / FUTA Quoted Bible Verse In Exam Question (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.