Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Let's Call Out Cheating Filling Stations In Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Let's Call Out Cheating Filling Stations In Nigeria (1397 Views)

Moment A Confused Lady Tries To Fill Her Tesla With Petrol At A Filling Station / 8 Safety Tips To Help You Around Filling Stations / How Petrol Attendants Cheat You In Filling Stations And Precautions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Call Out Cheating Filling Stations In Nigeria by naijacarlovers: 10:26am On Aug 14, 2017
Nigeria is a country that heavily depends on hydrocarbon fuel for powering cars, machines and power generating sets.

Sadly many filling stations all over the country derive joy in shortchanging customers by underselling the required volume to them. The variances in this crime depend on the level of greed of the owner.

Initially I didn’t bother checking but at some point, I decided to be buying only in a calibrated, 5 liter cans to check for these variances.

What I discovered yesterday was very shocking and annoying. I paid the fuel pump attendant #900 to fill up my plastic can, lo and behold the machine dispensed #900 worth of fuel and stopped. I took my gallon and checked, it it was just slightly above 5 liters. But the proper sale should have been 6.21 liters due to the #145 per liters pump price.

I actually have confirmed from some other filling stations that I need less than #900 to fill up the can so was expecting some change.

I seize this opportunity to thank and encourage the new NNPC filling station just after the Ago Bridge of Ago Palace Way, Okota. I have severally confirmed that their pumps are perfectly calibrated so you get what you paid for. In this particular filling station, i use #830 to fill-up to the brim this same gallon with PMS.

While in those near to perfection, it is #850, #870 to fill up.

I also commend the MRS filling station near ABC Transport Plc junction of the Festac Link Road for also being consistent in dispensing fuel with the right calibration.

But others especially the one on 21 Road, Festac who regularly under-dispenses fuel to the public (they sold me the #900 portion yesterday after buying #3,000 into the car), just know that this is robbery and must stop.

I also pray the relevant authorities can swing into action to nab these offenders and correct such anomalies.

Let’s not keep quiet in the face of this robbery by unscrupulous filling stations. Let’s call them out for wrong-doing. List them out here. But be sure before you make the accusation.

#servemethefuelipaidfor.

Culled from www.naijacarlovers.com

Re: Let's Call Out Cheating Filling Stations In Nigeria by princetom1(m): 11:24am On Aug 14, 2017
Seconded

1 Like

Re: Let's Call Out Cheating Filling Stations In Nigeria by honmusa(m): 4:02pm On Aug 14, 2017
The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do Nothing
(John F. Kennedy)

Front page pls

cc:Seun
cc:marpo
cc:lalastica

1 Like

Re: Let's Call Out Cheating Filling Stations In Nigeria by torres89: 9:21pm On Aug 14, 2017
am waiting for a review on oando filling stations

1 Like

Re: Let's Call Out Cheating Filling Stations In Nigeria by blackwood(m): 1:55am On Aug 15, 2017
Oando Badore before seaside estate is all levels of wrong. They give you far less than what you pay for, Forte oil before them is better.

1 Like

Re: Let's Call Out Cheating Filling Stations In Nigeria by diportivo: 6:03am On Aug 15, 2017
conoil.....jumofak in ikorodu

conoil.....ikorodu roundabout

gabaak......itoikin road in ikorodu

all shades of mallo filling station angry

total.......sagamu road after laspotech ikorodu

thieves they all are undecided

thumbs up to all shades of simart filling station

krd energy/Mobil......ogolonto ikorodu

habeeb......itamaga junction

1 Like

Re: Let's Call Out Cheating Filling Stations In Nigeria by shitshappen(m): 7:20am On Aug 15, 2017
Forte oil cement bus stop, the attendants will always fain ignorance and sale a percentage of any amount you tell them. Watch out for when they come to complete it cos that when the fraud will happen.

Three is not coincidence

1 Like

Re: Let's Call Out Cheating Filling Stations In Nigeria by shitshappen(m): 7:26am On Aug 15, 2017
Total mangoro Agege has a fair meter but watch out for the attendants. They have a way of stopping the meter abruptly before the sale is complete and have it jump to the punched amount as if the sale has been completed. E.g

Say you are buying #5000 fuel, expect the meter to stop around #3500 and immediately jump to #5000.

Three is not a coincidence, thank God I have no chill button.

1 Like

Re: Let's Call Out Cheating Filling Stations In Nigeria by shitshappen(m): 7:28am On Aug 15, 2017
MRS ile-zik has the worst meter on that abeokuta express now don't be using eye of 2013 to look them, they join bad gang.

1 Like

Re: Let's Call Out Cheating Filling Stations In Nigeria by shitshappen(m): 7:32am On Aug 15, 2017
Petcostal mangoro express will mix their fuel with anything just to optimize their sale, watch out people living in that punch estate or onipetesi hardly buy from them unless a JJC

1 Like

Re: Let's Call Out Cheating Filling Stations In Nigeria by nonix22(m): 8:26am On Aug 15, 2017
Total, wuse, zone 3 , Abuja. Be careful as they might distract and deceive you in getting the right liter of fuel your car consumed

2 Likes

Re: Let's Call Out Cheating Filling Stations In Nigeria by afoife: 8:20pm On Aug 15, 2017
thumbs up for gastab oke-ado, bovas outlets, fola @ Iyana Anfani Round about ring road all in ibadan

thunder strike Dove outlets Ibadan

1 Like

Re: Let's Call Out Cheating Filling Stations In Nigeria by cheerycee(f): 12:56pm On May 23, 2018
Investigation: How Filling Stations Short-change Consumers

Filling stations are still engaging in the fraudulent practices of short-changing consumers despite Department of Petroleum Resources’ reported efforts at curbing them.

In view of the endless complaints by motorists and other consumers of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), otherwise called fuel, about the sharp practices perpetrated by most filling stations in Nigeria, I visited 12 filling stations to ascertain the veracity of some of these complaints. I randomly chose six filling stations in Port Harcourt, Rivers State and six in Lagos State. In each of the filling stations I visited, I bought fuel like every other Nigerian, but I kept my eyes wide open unlike many.

To achieve a high level of accuracy, my investigation in each state was conducted on the same day using a newly-purchased plastic can. All the filling stations I visited, both in Lagos and in Rivers State, dispensed fuel at the official pump price of N145 per litre, except NNPC which sold at N143 per litre.

Port Harcourt, April 16, 2018

On Monday, April 16, 2018, I arrived at Rainoil Filling Station on Station Road, Port Harcourt, at about 9am with a brand new 4-litre plastic can. I told the attendant, who gave her name as Jennifer, to fill up the can. I kept my eyes glued to the metre and by the time the can filled up, it read 4.15 litres instead of 4 litres. In other words, to fill a 20-litre plastic can in this filling station would require the consumer paying for 20.75 litres instead. Similarly, a consumer who pays for 20 litres of fuel here goes home with 19.25 litres of the product.

Leaving Rainoil Filling Station, I quickly emptied the can of fuel and in a few minutes, I was at Karibi Joy Intl Ltd, located opposite Salvation Ministries Church, on Iwofe Road.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/investigation-filling-stations-short-change-consumers/
Re: Let's Call Out Cheating Filling Stations In Nigeria by Charlssey(m): 3:39pm On May 23, 2018
Total filling station, Ikot Ekpene road, Uyo. I bought 65 litres of fuel to fill my 60L capacity car tank.

(1) (Reply)

419 Guy On Whatsappt / P0301 Error Code / Common Symptoms Of Power Steering Pump Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.