Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,178 members, 7,835,929 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

How To Find Out If Your Iphone Is Genuine - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Find Out If Your Iphone Is Genuine (1652 Views)

Iphone 8 Showing "Iphone Is Disabled" / How To Check If Your Iphone Is New Or Refurbished / 4 Things You Probably Do Not Realise Your Iphone Is Tracking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Find Out If Your Iphone Is Genuine by Ivegotsolutions(m): 10:32am On Aug 14, 2017
With such a huge market share, the "fake iPhone" market has become very lucrative for unscrupulous phone manufacturers. Some of the earlier iPhone knock-offs are so poorly done that it is easy to differentiate a fake iPhone from a genuine one. However, over time, some fake iPhones cloned so well that they are physically very similar to a genuine iPhone. From the size of the device, the buttons placement, the Apple logo, and other physical indicators of an original iPhone, some fake iPhones are really good imitations.

I got my Iphone 7 plus 30,000 less from the price at Slot Limited, so I was quick to ascertain if i got original apple product.
As I was told, I got the serial number by dialing "*#06#" on my dialer which display my iPhone's serial number.

I accessed Official Apple Support site as disclosed https://checkcoverage.apple.com/ where I entered my iPhone serial number to see if it is a real iPhone.

after entering your serial number on the website, If the site says that the code is invalid, then your iPhone is a clone.

I got below statement when I checked the status o

Eligible for an AppleCare product
Purchase an AppleCare product to get additional repair coverage and technical support.
Learn more and buy now

Valid Purchase Date
A validated purchase date lets Apple quickly find your product and provide the help you need.
Telephone Technical Support: Active
Your product is eligible for complimentary telephone technical support.
Estimated Expiration Date: October 30, 2017
More about complimentary support opens in a new window
Contact Apple Support

Repairs and Service Coverage: Active
Your product is covered for eligible hardware repairs and service under Apple’s Limited Warranty.
Estimated Expiration Date: July 31, 2018
Learn about Apple’s coverage information for your product opens in a new window
Set up a repair

you can Determine Fake vs. Real Iphone through this method

Re: How To Find Out If Your Iphone Is Genuine by MarkWayne89: 1:23pm On Aug 14, 2017
You can try this guide: https://www.unlockunit.com/blog/how-to-spot-a-fake-iphone-7
It's for the iphone 7, but the instructions are pretty much similar.

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 6 Or Samsung S6 Which Should I Buy Pls? / Rooting My Tecno Phantom 6 5.1 / Since Cars And Laptops Can Be Pimped, Why Can't Phones Be Pimped?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.