Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,364 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. (1866 Views)

Saraki’s Implosion: A Shameful Public Servant / MEND Denounces Meeting Of MEND/EX-MEND Leaders By Tompoolo / No Apologies! Im Part Of MEND - Tony Uranta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by nduchucks: 2:08am On Feb 16, 2010
A group of militants in the Niger Delta under the auspices of Niger Delta Survival Movement has broken ranks with the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND), the mainstream militant group in the region, saying the latter has lost focus.

In a statement made available to The Tide source, signed by its spokesman, Black Gold, the group said, “after due consultation with all sincere and selfless stakeholders in the struggle for the genuine emancipation of the down-trodden people of the Niger Delta, we have resolved to break ranks with the so-called Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, (MEND).

“ We have also resolved to continue the pursuit of freedom, more involvement of Niger Deltans in their affairs and the development of the region under a new platform known as Niger Delta Survival Movement,” he added.

According to him, We have arrived at this painful but necessary decision, after watching in utter dismay as MEND, which was formed to lead a revolution for the freedom and development of the region, become an avenue for the perpetration of the same evil it was set up to fight.

We are shamed indeed, to disclose that MEND has become a tool for self- enrichment and aggrandisment. The deception and manipulation of our courageous fighters for the personal benefit of a few leaders in MEND will emerge as the saddest experience in the history of the Niger Delta struggle. We wish to ask a few questions at this point.

“Where are the so called leaders of MEND today? Are they with the boys in the various ‘concentration camps’? The answer is a painful NO.

They are hibernating in Government Houses, cruising around in choice automobiles or scavenging for contracts. True revolutionaries do not indulge in frivolities when there is work to be done. The Niger Delta struggle deserves better direction, leadership and sincerity of purpose.

“The Niger Delta Survival Movement will not be engaged in any reckless and disorderly employment of violence. Rather, it will pursue its interest with decorum and circumspection.

However, it will be a regretful error to misread this position as weakness”, it stated.

The group added, “We appreciate the progress made by the Federal Government on the East-West road and the proposed Niger Delta coastal road network. However, we call for the expeditious handling of all life-improving projects in the Niger Delta.

“We will cooperate with the Federal Government, as long as there is irreversible commitment to the logical conclusion of the post-amnesty programme.

To this end, we will restrain our fighters and remain faithful to all programmes directed at the improvement of the lives of the majority of Niger Deltans.

“Therefore, we will see our current hardship as our contribution to the emergence of a better and an egalitarian region. We pray that the enemies within will turn a new leaf”, it further stated.

Source: http://www.thetidenewsonline.com/?p=8730
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by ezeagu(m): 2:13am On Feb 16, 2010
. . . . .t's what happens when you're missing the key ingredient. . . . .
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by Beaf: 2:25am On Feb 16, 2010
I am sure they are "Hausa/Fulani Niger Deltans".

www.nairaland.com/attachments/229503_ROFLMAODog_gif3fa44b12f55ba64fc785c3a5794ba92e

Of course, MEND is a thorn in the flesh of Hausa/Fulani parasites, therefore some of the Hausa/Fulani have now started claiming ND citizenship and membership of ND organisations.
We ND people are very hospitable and will welcome any genuine Hausa/Fulani citizens, but we will deal with any unrepentant bunkerer's, blood suckers and Boko Harams among them.
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by nduchucks: 2:32am On Feb 16, 2010
Beaf, why must you turn every discussion into a bigoted ethnic issue? Your old trick of making posts that will derail threads in order to put the wool over the eyes of readers will not work this time.

Those of you MEND members that are not criminals and thieves will expose the rest of you, just as they are starting to do according to the posted account.

Hausa/Fulani has nothing to do with this thread. This is about the criminal elements of MEND, olodo, Rakoomin dadje.
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by Beaf: 2:48am On Feb 16, 2010
^
I am just very worried that a lot of Hausa/Fulani remain intensely "interested" in the ND, especially at this auspicious times for our nation. Perhaps, being one, you could enlighten me?
Too many of our women have been r'aped and our men murdered, don't you think? Wo ko re ebe?

PS: I keep reminding you that olodo doesn't mean fullstop. grin
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by naijaking1: 3:07am On Feb 16, 2010
We all know how easy it is to form a faction within a faction, especially when there is a hidden promoter at the background.
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by nduchucks: 3:11am On Feb 16, 2010
Beaf:

^
I am just very worried that a lot of Hausa/Fulani remain intensely "interested" in the ND, especially at this auspicious times for our nation. Perhaps, being one, you could enlighten me?
Too many of our women have been r'aped and our men murdered, don't you think? Wo ko re ebe?

PS: I keep reminding you that olodo doesn't mean fullstop. grin

Stop your pitiful attempt to derail this thread - this must be the new plan of attack that you guys have adopted. Please start your own thread if you have particular issues to raise pertaining to whatever tribe you wish. This thread is not about ndu_chucks or any ethnic group.

MEND is disintegrating, deal with it, Rakoomin dadje.
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by nduchucks: 3:14am On Feb 16, 2010
naijaking1:

We all know how easy it is to form a faction within a faction, especially when there is a hidden promoter at the background.

We also know how easy it is to use denial as a means of dealing with unpleasant realities. ko ba haka ba?
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by Beaf: 3:22am On Feb 16, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Stop your pitiful attempt to derail this thread - this must be the new plan of attack that you guys have adopted. Please start your own thread if you have particular issues to raise pertaining to whatever tribe you wish. This thread is not about ndu_chucks or any ethnic group.

MEND is disintegrating, deal with it, Rakoomin dadje.

Okay, I see that MEND is really not to your taste. . . But how about the Hausa/Fulani parasites that have ra'ped and pillaged the Niger Delta for decades? How about dealing with the reason MEND was formed?

I find your interest to be Hausa/Fulani parasitic; for the simple reason that you took an article without a single mention of the words "crime" or "criminal" and in the abracadabra that is unique to mischievous people like yourself, it has become "about the criminal elements of MEND". You can't even keep to the gist of an article you posted. embarassed

Damn! . . .Some Hausa/Fulani people sha grin grin grin grin
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by nduchucks: 3:25am On Feb 16, 2010
Beaf:

Okay, I see that MEND is really not to your taste. . . But how about the Hausa/Fulani parasites that have ra'ped and pillaged the Niger Delta for decades? How about dealing with the reason MEND was formed?

I find your interest to be Hausa/Fulani parasitic; for the simple reason that you took an article without a single mention of the words "crime" or "criminal" and in the abracadabra that is unique to mischievous people like yourself, it has become "about the criminal elements of MEND". You can't even keep to the gist of an article you posted. sad

Damn! . . .Some Hausa/Fulani people sha grin grin grin grin

shame no dey catch you? Go and start a thread to deal with your topic of choice. Stop trying to derail this one.
Your thieving organization is dying a natural death, deal with it. cheesy cheesy
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by Beaf: 3:29am On Feb 16, 2010
^
. . .And the "Hausa/Fulani Niger Deltans" are flying around like ecstatic little winshes, running around and praying to Africom.
In your dreams. Olodo!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/229503_ROFLMAODog_gif3fa44b12f55ba64fc785c3a5794ba92e
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by naijaking1: 3:49am On Feb 16, 2010
ndu_chucks:

We also know how easy it is to use denial as a means of dealing with unpleasant realities. ko ba haka ba?

One of those realities was the promotion and maintainance of a splinter group within the eastern Nigerian demand for autonomy in the 1960s. The Hausa people financed anybody and everybody who could split the easterners along ethnic and tribal divide, and they did a good job too.
They did such a good job that some people even forgot what the fight was all about, however, today is another opportunity. Nothing has changed in 40 years, not even the Hausa/Fulani tactics.
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by nduchucks: 4:04am On Feb 16, 2010
naijaking1:

One of those realities was the promotion and maintainance of a splinter group within the eastern Nigerian demand for autonomy in the 1960s. The Hausa people financed anybody and everybody who could split the easterners along ethnic and tribal divide, and they did a good job too.
They did such a good job that some people even forgot what the fight was all about, however, today is another opportunity. Nothing has changed in 40 years, not even the Hausa/Fulani tactics.

You usually come up with good analysis and I hope the fear or paranoia of hausa/fulani has not negatively influenced your comments here.  You are also usually very fair to entities or groups we discuss here (with the exception of your partiality towards Madam Cecelia  lipsrsealed ). Why are you now disparaging the Niger Delta Survival Movement? Why are you implying that their members are financed by hausa people?

If you have any evidence of the said sponsorship, please share it with us, dalu.
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by naijaking1: 4:50am On Feb 16, 2010
^^^
You're good, really good at obfuscation, confusion, and even changing the subject.
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by hakanai(m): 9:37am On Feb 16, 2010
Na us o! Na us Arewa :oo,we infiltrate the group MEND and split it in two and hope to finance the other group with the same pillage money we got from there cheesy.Okay our initial plan was to buy MEND on the stock exchange but it did not work because sanusi no do em work .i even know gbomo jomo na my paddy paddy,he gets 3m monthly for using the internet to drive the west for us courtesy ACF wink.
Guys grow up and stop chasing yourself up and down with lies and falsehood.look within and all the answers stir you in the face lipsrsealed.if only you go throught ethics of having a group,you will know that differences in views could always bring issues.if they can't find reason to join on issues that intrest the main group they may split.
Another thing that is clear is this will come and alot of groups may even emerge.okay like hamas and fatah- foe israel.Iraq shittes and kurdish-foe sadam.pyrates confraternity and the preceeding cult group with different ideas about doing more for the group.so MEND will die someday while Nigeria is together or split.both ways she will not live forever.the group was based on an objective which if meet will end or weaken her stance and relevance. deal with it.it will be logical for her to gain significancy without modifying to trends around her.ND people help urself if it means using violence but don't blame anyone.Military and police are made up of all ethnic backgrounds.recently they are headed at the top by ND.so if they rape una, kill una,we all know how our military dey,who have they ever spared anyone during operations.na boko haram,katsina Ala or Jos.so learn to reason and prefer solutions than gaining a masters in blaming while sitting on your tonnes of wrong deeds.Advice on the military atrocities just no let them come in the first place cos when they come things just go human rightly wrong. grin
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by Beaf: 9:45am On Feb 16, 2010
^
Now, thats very balanced talk, the very opposite of what ndu_chucks was about to dribble us with.
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by citizenY(m): 9:56am On Feb 16, 2010
@Bros, Beaf,

With this development, na which MMEND we go join na- abi make we just dey
for MEND in the diaspora and fight on NL?
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by Shoot2Kill: 10:19am On Feb 16, 2010
With this current development, I think it is time we Nigerians  form a group that is focused on solving the issues of Nigerians. The Niger Deltans in recent years are the only ones who have been fighting for their emancipation. The rest of us Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa have sat on sideline watching the whole episode unfold like a Hollywood movie.

I think we have been selfish to these people ,we must remember that their area generates the income which our country gets ,why must we wait for Niger Deltans to ask for our help before we help. I think is just the selfish nature which we Nigerians have. Look at Iran, all the citizens regardless of tribe is standing to the government.

Nigerian we must stand as one and fight the government. No I am not saying we should blow up pipelines. I am saying instead of this group breaking away from MEND to form their own “small” group, why can’t we have a Movement that has membership from all the Nigerian tribes fighting against corruption in Government.

Something more like a united front, we will be more powerful and more effective. The government can not shoot all it’s citizens but the government can massacre a small group of people. It is time for us to start looking at the possibility of forming what I would call the Nigerian People’s Liberation Army – NPLA

Yoruba , Igbos, and Hausa, let us put our differences aside ,let us stop being selfish and help one another out of this mess. I am a willing and ready member we can start here now and today on NL ,we can start to recruit more people using the internet and it will spread across Nigeria we can appoint or vote for leaders and we can create logos and  rules. We can do this it is not that hard. Just think of how we start clubs in school. Our mission will be to cause civil disobedience ,to go on mass strikes and bring the nation to halt if need be.We will network with our members all over the world, we will post our logo on every available website that belongs to our members. We can do this. The time is now. I ready to sacrifice my life for Nigeria .I have said this several times and I mean it, I willing to reveal my real identity if need be but I cannot do it alone ,what do you all say. My email is ravenlag@yahoo.com .Interested Nigerians should contact me.
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by citizenY(m): 10:34am On Feb 16, 2010
^^^^^^^^
I know my bros Beaf go welcome me, but what of people like Wily wily.

On a more serious note, SHOOT 2KILL, PUT MA NAME 4 REGISTER,

CHECK YA MAILBOX
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by hakanai(m): 11:05am On Feb 16, 2010
@ shoot2kill
It is a nice vision but i don't know how you could tell someone that believes all of you regardless gang up to kill his people or gang up to make sure he remains deprived forever.i have never done any such thing in my entire existance but here i am,accused and judged as such.you know it feels safe to be with someone, you know rarely habors any hate against you.i have being to the ND and seen the enviromental damage,i have also seen the similar impoverished places there.i wish every where could be developed but when some people come and accuse me of being the cause.it will be difficult to trust or pursuit his course knowing he may even take it for something else.
Taking a look at resource control i know that if the ND gets resource control 100%, it will help people in the North see just how the political Elite has looted the states and deprived it of any economic development.industires and economic projects have colapsed because all they see is even if we don't work allocation will cover.i hate people in power and certainly also hate people that hate me.if we really have a common focus and good idea towards blocking anyone without vision for the country,then i stand ready to work with such group or persons.
Let the northern Elite do something from the North not always look beyond as that has being the killing factor.All those sick leaders i wish there is a way we can get them crying everyday.imagine someone in a state with no revenue concentrating on building house of assembly and Governement house to get his wife one office.com'on what is the logical return on investment for that.tomorrow he will say allocation is down.why not creat a revenue earner.solid minerals and agriculture could atleast manage affairs of some state but they choose to wake up in the morning and do silly useless projects.
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by Beaf: 11:39am On Feb 16, 2010
haka_nai:

@ shoot2kill
It is a nice vision but i don't know how you could tell someone that believes all of you regardless gang up to kill his people or gang up to make sure he remains deprived forever.i have never done any such thing in my entire existance but here i am,accused and judged as such.you know it feels safe to be with someone, you know rarely habors any hate against you.i have being to the ND and seen the enviromental damage,i have also seen the similar impoverished places there.i wish every where could be developed but when some people come and accuse me of being the cause.it will be difficult to trust or pursuit his course knowing he may even take it for something else.
Taking a look at resource control i know that if the ND gets resource control 100%, it will help people in the North see just how the political Elite has looted the states and deprived it of any economic development.industires and economic projects have colapsed because all they see is even if we don't work allocation will cover.i hate people in power and certainly also hate people that hate me.if we really have a common focus and good idea towards blocking anyone without vision for the country,then i stand ready to work with such group or persons.
Let the northern Elite do something from the North not always look beyond as that has being the killing factor.All those sick leaders i wish there is a way we can get them crying everyday.imagine someone in a state with no revenue concentrating on building house of assembly and Governement house to get his wife one office.com'on what is the logical return on investment for that.tomorrow he will say allocation is down.why not creat a revenue earner.solid minerals and agriculture could atleast manage affairs of some state but they choose to wake up in the morning and do silly useless projects.

Nobody hates you.

The bolded is what you should address to the likes of ndu_chucks. He is one of your leaders, he never posts about Northern issues, its always about oil and stuff like how most of Goodluck Jonathans people are cowards like him. People like that create a terrible impression (same as Balla Na' Allah who wanted all 20 million Niger Deltans wiped out).
I am sure we can live together in peace, but for people who see themselves as superior to the next person, so much so that lives cost nothing; infact whole communities (50+) have been razed to the ground and tens of thousands killed over the decades.
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by WilyWily5: 11:44am On Feb 16, 2010
Someone just went to his Village, gathered few willing people, gave themselves a name, released statement to the press just to make a headline and claimed to be a break away MEND, nonsense.
And i can see the happiness in some Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani parasites and Corrupt Yorubas, Mr Black Gold is nobody and never existed inside Mend.
MEND is unbreakable and thousands are lining up to join,
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 16, 2010
Are we supposed to rejoice or what?
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by nduchucks: 2:20pm On Feb 16, 2010
Beaf:

Nobody hates you.

The bolded is what you should address to the likes of ndu_chucks. He is one of your leaders, he never posts about Northern issues, its always about oil and stuff like how most of Goodluck Jonathans people are cowards like him. People like that create a terrible impression (same as Balla Na' Allah who wanted all 20 million Niger Deltans wiped out).
I am sure we can live together in peace, but for people who see themselves as superior to the next person, so much so that lives cost nothing; infact whole communities (50+) have been razed to the ground and tens of thousands killed over the decades.

Beaf, intellectual dishonesty has never been your trait hitherto.  I've said countless of times on this forum that the common enemy we all have is the elite, who come from North, South, East, and  West.  Your attempt at marginalizing me on this forum by name calling and other childish means, will not work.

I believe that soon enough, many of the ND issues will be addressed by the FG particularly now that Jonathan is in charge.  We shall see what explanation the thieving and oil bunkering wing of MEND will give to justify their crimes thereafter.

Soon enough, you people will learn to take responsibility for your own actions and future. You cannot continue to kill ND Ndiigbo at will on the one hand while blaming them for not supporting criminal MEND or helping you to secede on the other. Ndiigbo will not help you fight anyone.  In addition, stop blaming all of Arewa for your woes - the criminal elite, including your governors are more responsible for your demise than the lovely Arewa people.
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by Beaf: 4:04pm On Feb 16, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Beaf, intellectual dishonesty has never been your trait hitherto. I've said countless of times on this forum that the common enemy we all have is the elite, who come from North, South, East, and West. Your attempt at marginalizing me on this forum by name calling and other childish means, will not work.

I believe that soon enough, many of the ND issues will be addressed by the FG particularly now that Jonathan is in charge. We shall see what explanation the thieving and oil bunkering wing of MEND will give to justify their crimes thereafter.

Soon enough, you people will learn to take responsibility for your own actions and future. You cannot continue to kill ND Ndiigbo at will on the one hand while blaming them for not supporting criminal MEND or helping you to secede on the other. Ndiigbo will not help you fight anyone. In addition, stop blaming all of Arewa for your woes - the criminal elite, including your governors are more responsible for your demise than the lovely Arewa people.

Laughable.

I am at least happy that you aknowledge that the FG needs to sort ND problems.

About marginalising you. . . shocked Imagine the hawk claiming to be marginalised by a chicken. get real, you are the one marginalising yourself with the crasy things you bring up to try to divide Southerner's.
While you marginalise yourself, we simply see through you.

Everybody knows who is bunkering and doing deals with oil companies to sell Nigerian oil outside the system, it is your people. MEND has severly disrupted their thieving operations, hence all the bile from Hausa/Fulani parasites like you.
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by nduchucks: 4:08pm On Feb 16, 2010
Let me restate the statement you chose to ignore:

Soon enough, you people will learn to take responsibility for your own actions and future. You cannot continue to kill ND Ndiigbo at will on the one hand while blaming them for not supporting criminal MEND or helping you to secede on the other. Ndiigbo will not help you fight anyone. In addition, stop blaming all of Arewa for your woes - the criminal elite, including your governors are more responsible for your demise than the lovely Arewa people.

Chew on that, Rakoomin dadje. smiley
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by hakanai(m): 4:21pm On Feb 16, 2010
naija for real. shocked
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by naijaking1: 4:30pm On Feb 16, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Chew on that, Rakoomin dadje. smiley

Thank you, and thank you again, and very much too cheesy
I know that one day, the Saviour of Ndigbo shalt cometh shocked
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by reporter1: 7:04pm On Feb 16, 2010
ndu_chucks:

[b]Soon enough, you people will learn to take responsibility for your own actions and future. [/b]You cannot continue to kill ND Ndiigbo at will on the one hand while blaming them for not supporting criminal MEND or helping you to secede on the other. Ndiigbo will not help you fight anyone.  In addition, stop blaming all of Arewa for your woes - the criminal elite, including your governors are more responsible for your demise than the lovely Arewa people.

Chew on that, Rakoomin dadje.  smiley

Very well said. The problem with Nigeria is everyone is a victim of one thing or the other. No one has bothered to look at the man in the
mirror. It is always the fault of the man in the middle or the man up stream, and forgetting the man next door that is purloining everything in sight.
Shallow minded ppl believe that Hausa/Fulani are solely responsible for the sorry state of Nigeria, they conveniently ignore the obvious fact -that
Nigerians from all ethnic groups are jointly responsible for the mess.
MEND or a faction thereof is only concerned about their pockets.  Splinter groups will continue to emerge as long as there is a quick buck to be made.
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by citizenY(m): 7:20pm On Feb 16, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^
TELL THEM
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by SapeleGuy: 8:12pm On Feb 16, 2010
ndu_chucks:

Oga Mosquito, you go kill person with comedy.

The best thing you can do to foster unity is ask Arewa to abandon their parasitic existence.

True & Fiscal Federalism is what we want, don't get it twisted.
Re: Group Breaks Away From Mend As Implosion Of Mend Begins. by Nobody: 11:33pm On Feb 16, 2010
see people falling for the job wey ndu idiot, set. can,t you guys see tru this guy called ndu shehu? chai !!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Cause Of Ogbulafor’s Problem -iwuanyanwu / ‘senator Al- Bishir Wanted To Kill Me Over Al Mustapha’s Wealth’ ! / Nigerian English. . . What Can We Do To Make It Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.