Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,515 members, 7,954,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:14 PM

Stop Buying Groundnut Oil With Bad Odour. They Are Fake! - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Stop Buying Groundnut Oil With Bad Odour. They Are Fake! (19510 Views)

N50 Sachet Garri With Groundnut And Sugar Sold In Ogun State / Can I Use Groundnut Oil To Cook Egusi Soup? / Groundnut Oil, Delicious Kuli Kuli Chips, Groundnut Oil Cake, Pure Soya Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Buying Groundnut Oil With Bad Odour. They Are Fake! by mrkings84(m): 2:30pm On Aug 15, 2017
Who still uses groundnut oil in this 21st century when Kings vegetable are are given free by Happy World Meal Gate?

Abeg check my signature for one!!
Re: Stop Buying Groundnut Oil With Bad Odour. They Are Fake! by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 15, 2017
Smartjob1:
Good day all.

This may shock you but it is very true. It happened on Saturday, 12th Aug. My neighbour bought a bottle of groundnut oil from the market. It was not any of the brand names in the groundnut oil business. It was also cheaper. He fried some potato that Saturday morning using his hotplate. When he was done frying, he put off the hotplate and he left the frying pan on the it. He left for work.

On coming back,he discovered that something that shocked him. The supposed groundnut oil had turned into a thick black paste (something like coal tar). The hotplate hit the oil to the extent that the other chemical escaped and then, the thick black paste was left behind.

My people, the picture below is the what many of us consume everyday as groundnut. When it settles in our bodies, this is what they form. It is dangerous and deadly.

Avoid buying groundnut oil without a brand name.

Avoid groundnut oil that has very bad odour. It is probably a fake one and can kill.

Inform your loved ones. Stay safe!

-lalasticlala

We should avoid all processed foods.
Re: Stop Buying Groundnut Oil With Bad Odour. They Are Fake! by free2ryhme: 3:20pm On Aug 15, 2017
Smartjob1:
Good day all.

This may shock you but it is very true. It happened on Saturday, 12th Aug. My neighbour bought a bottle of groundnut oil from the market. It was not any of the brand names in the groundnut oil business. It was also cheaper. He fried some potato that Saturday morning using his hotplate. When he was done frying, he put off the hotplate and he left the frying pan on the it. He left for work.

On coming back,he discovered that something that shocked him. The supposed groundnut oil had turned into a thick black paste (something like coal tar). The hotplate hit the oil to the extent that the other chemical escaped and then, the thick black paste was left behind.

My people, the picture below is the what many of us consume everyday as groundnut. When it settles in our bodies, this is what they form. It is dangerous and deadly.

Avoid buying groundnut oil without a brand name.

Avoid groundnut oil that has very bad odour. It is probably a fake one and can kill.

Inform your loved ones. Stay safe!

-lalasticlala

Most road side sellers will never listen

Even those that are the mercy of buying road side food have know choice than to patronize them
Re: Stop Buying Groundnut Oil With Bad Odour. They Are Fake! by Smartjob1(f): 1:07am On Aug 16, 2017
psp2pc:
I ain't Gonna fall for this bullcr>p story.
for a translucent veg oil to have changed to a thick black semi solid, something must have gone wrong somewhere...or did ur neighbour fry plastic potato?
are you sure your neighbor didn't even mistakenly buy engine oil thinking its veg. oil?

Bro, this is very true. It actually happened and the frying pan has been soaked with bleach since Saturday. My neighbour didnt buy plastic potato.
Re: Stop Buying Groundnut Oil With Bad Odour. They Are Fake! by Smartjob1(f): 1:08am On Aug 16, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Although it is true that something must kill a man but

Life is Eazi.
I know it is you but since you claim it's your neighbor,

I'd advice you to buy good registered Vegetable Oil brands and stop buying cheap oil.
It's tough to survive in Naija so everyone is cutting corners.

Gain must be made.

Lol...Thanks for the advice. Well noted.
Re: Stop Buying Groundnut Oil With Bad Odour. They Are Fake! by Smartjob1(f): 1:12am On Aug 16, 2017
RIPEnglish:
There are more to this story, 0p needing to told us more on what he frieded.

Nothing more to the story. Potato was fried and he left the frying pan on the hotplate for work. When he came back, he met that thick black substance on the frying pan.

The picture was taken in my office because I took the substance in the water to show to my colleague and they suggested I let other people know what we have been consuming for years without knowing it. It is a sad experience.
Re: Stop Buying Groundnut Oil With Bad Odour. They Are Fake! by Smartjob1(f): 1:15am On Aug 16, 2017
maradelkitchen:
This is too bad. Please try to inform the seller

The seller was shocked when she was told and shown the stuff. She couldnt believe it. The problem is that she still has some gallons of the oil left. She is probably still selling it in other to make back her money, although, she promised to stop.
Re: Stop Buying Groundnut Oil With Bad Odour. They Are Fake! by Unpredictableme(m): 12:25pm On Aug 16, 2017
adisabarber:
Hot plate can remain hot for more than 10 minutes after turning it off

And the degree of hotness will remain constant
Re: Stop Buying Groundnut Oil With Bad Odour. They Are Fake! by Smartjob1(f): 12:50am On Aug 18, 2017
Unpredictableme:

And the degree of hotness will remain constant

Hotplate was not turned off as he forgot to when NEPA struck. However, the hotplate is the automatic one that heats up and turns off, then heats up again and turns off, etc. We thank God there was no fire incidence but the good part is that it exposed what people have been eating without knowing it.
Re: Stop Buying Groundnut Oil With Bad Odour. They Are Fake! by Nobody: 12:41am On Aug 21, 2017
grin shocked grin

I personally don't subscribe to the use of groundnut oil for frying.
The use of anointing oil is far better.

A bottle of Goya olive oil prayed over by my pastor does the job better.

It fries the potatoes and any demon around it beautifully without leaving ugly traces behind like this one.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Counters Those Who Say "Yoruba No Get Soup" (VIDEO) / What's Your First Choice Meal For Breakfast? / Let's Do The #SoupChallenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.