Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave (20322 Views)

Buhari’s 100 Days In Office Poll Result By Channels Television / 81 Of Buhari's 100 Appointees Are Northerners (cut From Newspapers) / Nigerians Storm Abuja House In London To Mark Buhari's 100 Days Absence. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by VeriteMFBank: 1:11pm On Aug 15, 2017
Investments vs Speculations
In our world today many people have not been able to juxtapose these two words in the world of finance. most banks today, whom have grown to a level to be classified as commercial banks started from some where. I employ us to take a critical look of these two words and make a life decision;

Risk
>Normally risk involved in investments either loss of profit or lower than expected.
>Speculation is a baseless guess and may result in a very high profits or high loss. the risk in case of speculation is very high.

Capital Gain
>The motive of investment is achievement of appreciation.
>The motive of speculation is achievement of profit through price changes

Time
>If securities are purchased and investor does not expect an immediate return on it and waits for long term benefit, it is termed as investment.

>If a person expects immediate returns on his investment and dispose of it in a short period. it is known as speculation.

With this few points of ours, we hope we have able to convince you and not confuse you....

Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by GoodMuyis(m): 1:12pm On Aug 15, 2017
Chobok Girls spent more time than this out of home.

Noting special
Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by lexy2014: 1:17pm On Aug 15, 2017
viviangist:
@VIVIANGIST

President will today celebrate his 100 days out of his country Nigeria for medical leave. The president who has not really been healthy was flown out of the country for close medical attention 100 days back. This is attributed to the lack of adequate medical facilities in Nigerian hospitals. 

Viviangist and Nigerians wish the father and husband a very quick recovery. Those wishing the President death should remember that he is somebody's father and husband!!

SOURCE - http://www.viviangist.com.ng/today-marks-buharis-100-days-out-of-nigeria-for-medical-leave
d president has been away from his duty post 4 100days and u say its something that d president is celebrating. what an achievement.I don't whether to call this mediocrity or sycophancy. its not a crime 2b sick but if d president hasn't been healthy enough 2do his job, then section 144 of d constitution gives him an out.d excuse that inadequate health care facilities led to d president being flown out is misleading & a shame on d president. He allocated more than 3billion naira to aso rock clinic alone yet he spent billions more in London on his health alone. Y would he do that if d facilities @ aso rock clinic were inadequate. If half of that 3billion was put into d national hospital abuja, every Nigerian would like 2b sick. A man who said nigerians should patronise made in nigerian goods&services 2 save forex& d economy cant lead by example.d presidency is an institution created by d constitution and it is greater than one individual any time. Like previous presidents, Buhari is only occupying d office temporarily.Yes buhari is a husband/father. If that is what he is good at doing, then let him face it full time. Even u can't vouch 4 buhari as a president in deed/action but just in title
Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by Agimor(m): 1:24pm On Aug 15, 2017
Integrity is the ability to make and keep commitment to oneself. Buhari lack this... He has no atom of integrity in him yet he go about parading himself as a man of his words.
Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by fadaonyenna(m): 1:24pm On Aug 15, 2017
Baba go slow grin grin grin
Zombies right now

Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by lexy2014: 1:28pm On Aug 15, 2017
viviangist:
@VIVIANGIST

President will today celebrate his 100 days out of his country Nigeria for medical leave. The president who has not really been healthy was flown out of the country for close medical attention 100 days back. This is attributed to the lack of adequate medical facilities in Nigerian hospitals. 

Viviangist and Nigerians wish the father and husband a very quick recovery. Those wishing the President death should remember that he is somebody's father and husband!!

SOURCE - http://www.viviangist.com.ng/today-marks-buharis-100-days-out-of-nigeria-for-medical-leave
d president has been away from his duty post 4 100days and u say its something that d president is celebrating. what an achievement.I don't no whether to call this mediocrity or sycophancy. its not a crime 2b sick but if d president hasn't been healthy enough 2do his job, then section 144 of d constitution gives him an out.d excuse that inadequate health care facilities led to d president being flown out is misleading & a shame on d president. He allocated more than 3billion naira to aso rock clinic alone yet he spent billions more in London on his health alone. Y would he do that if d facilities @ aso rock clinic were inadequate. If half of that 3billion was put into d national hospital abuja, every Nigerian would like 2b sick. A man who said nigerians should patronise made in nigerian goods&services 2 save forex& d economy cant lead by example.d presidency is an institution created by d constitution and it is greater than one individual any time. Like previous presidents, Buhari is only occupying d office temporarily.Yes buhari is a husband/father. If that is what he is good at doing, then let him face it full time. Even u can't vouch 4 buhari as a president in deed/action. u can only vouch 4 him as a titular holder of d position
Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by awuf2008: 1:34pm On Aug 15, 2017
It seems our president sickness has turned him to be tolerating other religion now, because I have observed lately that most of Pmb's pictures posted online had always been with one Christian religion leader or the other..does it mean, pmb had jettisoned the Islamization of naija idea? God is great.
Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by erico2k2(m): 1:42pm On Aug 15, 2017
9jakohai:
Get well soon, sir

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you (Mt 5 vs 44).

Good...but the prayer that you should be praying is that God grants our government the wisdom to make the harsh decisions needed to get Nigeria to become a productive nation, like removing useless subsidies, ending corruption, raising taxes, fixing the lights, etc.....and that God keeps oil prices below $30 per barrel for the next ten years....so that our economy can properly grow up. We should be exporting finished goods like cars, lorries, fans, electronics, furniture, spare parts, oil rigs, etc....not waiting for oil to rise.

Sufferings that were caused by years of dependency on just exporting raw materials.

Look at strong economies.....what all of them have in common is that they export finished industrial goods., and are innovative. T[b]hat is why I consider Nigeria to have never had a good government....yes....we have had bad governments from an economic perspective, including the immediate past and the current admin .....because, despite all their fine plans on paper, none of them has considered making our economy dependent on industry and innovation. [/b]

Instead, they are waiting for oil to rise....
Nigerian politicians are the last group of persons to recieve God's mercy
save your breath and time.
When PMB was castigating Yar'adua for this same situation did he for once think it will come to his turn ?
Karma is Such a Bitch.
Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by fishbone123(m): 1:46pm On Aug 15, 2017
modelmike7:
May the Almighty God bring back home my President in good health and give him many more beautiful years to take our country to the promise land......
mr modelmike, why not speak for ur room nd family only.. next u wil say ‘’may d almighty God bring ur president back to take only u and ur room to the promise land‘’.. dont include d entire land and people of nigeria... #common sense fall on u
Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by Kellydrive1: 1:50pm On Aug 15, 2017
[quote author=viviangist post=59485934]@VIVIANGIST

[/quote

When others are celebrating 100 days in office , he is celebrating 100 days out of office ..SMH
Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 15, 2017
gberra:
My friend Drake, I feel your pulse but truth be told, it takes a very fearless personality & reputation of integrity to ruthlessly annihilate the scourge & monstrosity of corruption bedevilling our dear Nation.
I dream of a working nation for the coming generation. Even from the perspective of an Odua nation, there's an urgent need for internal cleansing Now!

With Pmb/Pyo we can kill corruption.

100 days medical jamboree is not corruption. Don't insult our common Intelligence. When elderly like you should be fighting for the future of your children by making sure we have good leaders who will lead by example and not say one things and do another as we have seen by the medical jamboree but here we have a father advocating for those contributing to sabotaging the future of their children by absconding from their duties at home and helping the white man to develop their economy while leaving their home country in penury. There is no hope for this country. Gosh!
so much ado about anti corruption

1 Like

Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by elsomm(m): 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2017
FG should declare a 3 day public holiday
Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by lexy2014: 2:18pm On Aug 15, 2017
gberra:
Be wise Areafada, An ex governor built a supposedly world class hospital, yet was flown abroad to treat just a scratch... that ain't buhari's fault, was it?.. If our general hospitals had been well equipped by past Administrations, there'd be no need for medicals abroad.
am sure u are referring to now senator akpabio.u are absolutely right about that.nothing justifies medical tourism. Its clearly a demonstration of d greed inherent in Nigerian leaders.lets compare akpabio with buhari. Akpabio built a hospital at least something 2 show.what does buhari have to show?if akpabio failed 2do d right thing, does that mean buhari should do same?if u are now using akpabio who is from d corrupt PDP as a standard 4 buhari, then its a pity.4u 2 stoop so low 2 use akpabio 2 justify d misrule of buhari, clearly shows how far this country has fallen.are there no better leaders like Fidel Castro & nelson Mandela 2 compare with buhari after all he is Mr integrity. But no u can't cos buhari isn't up 2 those statesmen in any way.buhari allocated more than 3billion to aso rock clinic. Let me ask u how many patients does that clinic have?despite this, it didn't stop him from spending more billions on himself alone in d uk.now if just half of these funds were given 2 just 3 federal hospitals in d country, do u no d difference that would make in d lives of Nigerians? Yes there have been years of neglect but it takes one person to say no, things have 2 change.that's y buhari said "change begins with me".but did he lead by example?
Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by gberra: 2:40pm On Aug 15, 2017
lexy2014:
am sure u are referring to now senator akpabio.u are absolutely right about that.nothing justifies medical tourism. Its clearly a demonstration of d greed inherent in Nigerian leaders.lets compare akpabio with buhari. Akpabio built a hospital at least something 2 show.what does buhari have to show?if akpabio failed 2do d right thing, does that mean buhari should do same?if u are now using akpabio who is from d corrupt PDP as a standard 4 buhari, then its a pity.4u 2 stoop so low 2 use akpabio 2 justify d misrule of buhari, clearly shows how far this country has fallen.are there no better leaders like Fidel Castro & nelson Mandela 2 compare with buhari after all he is Mr integrity. But no u can't cos buhari isn't up 2 those statesmen in any way.buhari allocated more than 3billion to aso rock clinic. Let me ask u how many patients does that clinic have?despite this, it didn't stop him from spending more billions on himself alone in d uk.now if just half of these funds were given 2 just 3 federal hospitals in d country, do u no d difference that would make in d lives of Nigerians? Yes there have been years of neglect but it takes one person to say no, things have 2 change.that's y buhari said "change begins with me".but did he lead by example?
Akpabio had 8 years while Buhari has had 2. Give him a chance. We'll judge him appropriately at the end of his tenure.
Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by millik(f): 2:41pm On Aug 15, 2017
jingh:
how does integrity and his sick leave mean the same thing ?

brain u lack my dear

yeah, I see
u got loads of brain!

from ur siggy I can see what u are here for!
run along..
Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by AreaFada2: 2:54pm On Aug 15, 2017
gberra:
A year & half before Buhari vacation was never enough. Our facilities are too rotten too risky for lives.

Trust me, when Buhari comes back, a lot many medical board executives & members of the regulatory agencies are jail bound. He's coming back with a fury in mind.

Hahahahaha! If you get paid to to this job of image laundry I can understand you. If you really believe what you just wrote there, I sincerely feel for you.

So one cannot renovate a hospital to a high standard in 18 months to 2 years?

So all your elderly relatives and friends do not go to Nigerian hospitals for treatment? Is Buhari's life and comfort more important than your family members' lives? shocked shocked shocked shocked His life is not worth more than that of any of my relatives who have to endure the dangerous healthcare system you alluded to.

Gee! I simply shudder.
Bloody hell.

You sound like a proper almajiri.

Na wa o.

He can come with fury like Bruce Lee in First of Fury Chinese film, nothing will improve. He will only again throw away the baby with the bath water like he did to ruin the economy.
Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by calabardick(m): 3:05pm On Aug 15, 2017
sick nigerians still waiting for the return of their ancestor
Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by gberra: 3:07pm On Aug 15, 2017
ColonelDrake:

100 days medical jamboree is not corruption. Don't insult our common Intelligence. When elderly like you should be fighting for the future of your children by making sure we have good leaders who will lead by example and not say one things and do another as we have seen by the medical jamboree but here we have a father advocating for those contributing to sabotaging the future of their children by absconding from their duties at home and helping the white man to develop their economy while leaving their home country in penury. There is no hope for this country. Gosh!
so much ado about anti corruption
Elder bawo?.. cheesy .. I still have more than half a century to go all things being equal. Buhari couldn't have risked his life on the alter of highly dilapidated medical facilities in the country. His treatment in London has been very exacting, you could imagine his chances of survival if he had stayed in Nig.
Every single President we've had since '99, went abroad for medical vacations & frequent check ups not leaving out their families thereby abandoning our national hospitals at the detriment of the masses.

I had it on good authority that he insisted staying home but for his doctors advice. He was helpless, he couldn't have done nothing. Past administrations did their very best to leave our facilities too rotten.

2years may not have been enough. But we await what the next 2 would offer. His anti- corruption fight has got me mostly pleased thus far save for some few internal skirmishes.
Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by alfred007(m): 3:13pm On Aug 15, 2017
BigBelleControl:
They should give all of us UK visa to go and celebrate this epoch making achievement. This is unprecedented in the annals of this contraption.

We must all felicitate together in the spirit of camaraderie.

u go just dey intimidate people up and down.
continue
Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by Walelavender(m): 3:29pm On Aug 15, 2017
I think the 100 days spent by the President in a foreign land should be the maximum any elected President can stay out of his homeland. The legislative arm of government should make this a law.
Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by lexy2014: 3:55pm On Aug 15, 2017
gberra:
Akpabio had 8 years while Buhari has had 2. Give him a chance. We'll judge him appropriately at the end of his tenure.
u don't need a hundred 100 years b4 u can judge d performance of a political office holder.everyday is an opportunity 2 assess govts at all levels using d constitution & their campaign promises as yard stick. holding them accountable 2d terms of d social contract which they entered into with d people,their moral&political obligations they owe d people&d fulfilment of their constitutional responsibilities. I have outlined a few of d president's deeds in his 2 years so far. it clearly shows d direction he is going.sometimes people use 100days in office as a timeline but now we are talking about a 100days out of office and counting.its good 2 support d president but its better 2 put d interest of d country first not that of d president
Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by sample09: 4:49pm On Aug 15, 2017
He should be back this weekend or next week
Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 15, 2017
viviangist:
@VIVIANGIST

Viviangit and Nigerians wish the father and husband a very quick recovery. Those wishing the President death should remember that he is somebody's father and husband!!

Shat it angry
Happy celebration Bubu grin

Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by nextstep(m): 6:02pm On Aug 15, 2017
jingh:
how does integrity and his sick leave mean the same thing ?

brain u lack my dear

During campaign he was abusing those who went abroad for medical tourism. Rather than improve hospitals, he has imitated his predecessors.
The office of first lady... still stands. The N5000... unfulfilled. Exchange rate was 210 and he was asking "is that OK"... what was it in January this year? Power... worsened. And to cap it off, he has not been in charge (delegating authority to VP), for almost 6 months out of 2 years in his tenure.

Integrity implies you keep to your word, especially after you enter office.
Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by milaso: 6:42pm On Aug 15, 2017
he is knw longer d president of Nigeria for me
Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by lexy2014: 7:23pm On Aug 15, 2017
gberra:
Elder bawo?.. cheesy .. I still have more than half a century to go all things being equal. Buhari couldn't have risked his life on the alter of highly dilapidated medical facilities in the country. His treatment in London has been very exacting, you could imagine his chances of survival if he had stayed in Nig.
Every single President we've had since '99, went abroad for medical vacations & frequent check ups not leaving out their families thereby abandoning our national hospitals at the detriment of the masses.

I had it on good authority that he insisted staying home but for his doctors advice. He was helpless, he couldn't have done nothing. Past administrations did their very best to leave our facilities too rotten.

2years may not have been enough. But we await what the next 2 would offer. His anti- corruption fight has got me mostly pleased thus far save for some few internal skirmishes.
have u ever heard of a pilot that abandons his plane with his crew&passengers 4 fear of his safety?do u no any captain that abandons his ship leaving his crew& passengers behind just cos he wants 2 ensure his safety?as president, buhari is d captain of this ship called Nigeria.d constitution says "d security & welfare of d people is d primary purpose of govt" and buhari is d head of govt.nobody asked buhari to build new hospitals like akpabio.he inherited several teaching and federal hospitals which are assets.they are already structures with several medical & non medical personnel. all they lack are proper funding, new equipment & motivation. u dont need 8years to provide that.If d president took just half of d N3.7b given to aso rock clinic which has no patients & put it in d national hospital abuja, do u realise d ripple effect that will have on d health sector?if buhari was a man of integrity that said " change begins with me", he would have insisted that 4d sake of Nigeria, 4d sake of putting an end 2 medical tourism, he will get treated here in Nigeria. A leader that isn't ready 2 die 4 what he professes isn't a leader.no good leader sees his life as too important that cannot b sacrificed 4 his cause. if past administrations left our hospitals rotten, what effort or step did buhari take 2 correct it?if u have 2 use d misdeeds of our past leaders as d standard 4 justifying buharis misdeeds, then d president has nothing to offer. he is no different from d corrupt leaders we have had.by extension, anti corruption mantra, let's not even go there. Its just a circus show
Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by lexy2014: 7:25pm On Aug 15, 2017
Walelavender:
I think the 100 days spent by the President in a foreign land should be the maximum any elected President can stay out of his homeland. The legislative arm of government should make this a law.
there's already section 144 in d constitution
Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by SweetBoyFriend(m): 8:48pm On Aug 15, 2017
myners007:
Judging fro your utterances i dont think you were properly bred

Yeah

I wasn't properly bred but I'm lucky enough not to have a dick sucking mother like your stinky fat mother and a gay father

Your father is somewhere now getting rammed with a big cock
Re: Today Marks President Buhari's 100 Days Out Of Nigeria For Medical Leave by DjQris(m): 8:49pm On Aug 15, 2017
Oya na....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Simple Logic: Presidential Accreditation Should Equal That Of Senate In A State / 9th NASS: Goje Endorses Kalu For Deputy Senate President (photos) / Melaye Thanks Buhari, Osinbajo, Saraki For N21 Billion Road Construction In Kogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.