Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? (2000 Views)

Help!!!my Dad Is Cheating On My Mum / Your Wife Slaps Your Mum Or Your Mum Slaps Your Wife Your Reaction / His 5 Years Old Son Wrote In His Play Book "I Don't Like My Mum And Dad" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by lionphil(m): 9:17am On Feb 16, 2010
Please i need your candid advise on this.
I happen 2 b in love with a girl who happens to be an igbo girl but from a different state. I also happen to be igbo. My mum has promised to let all hell lose if i try to marry anyone that is not from my village. Pls i need your candid advise on what to do whenever i am ready for my traditional wedding or Introduction. I intend to have policemen around who on sighting her would take her away from the venue till the show is over. I have pleaded and talked to her but she wouldn't bulge (she doesn't know the girl and is not interested in knowing the girl). She happens to be my only obstacle. I believe a parent should pray for a good wife for her child and not for some girl from the same village good or not. Pls advise me
Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 16, 2010
Involve some elders or her friends to talk sense into her.It is not wise to marry against her wish.Get her on your side first,then you can go ahead with the traditional wedding!
Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by H2O2: 9:24am On Feb 16, 2010
Sadly a lotta parents have this backwards traditional mentality.  Locking her up will only complicate matters.  She's entitled to her own opinions but it is not your duty to abide by her principles and dictatorship.  You are no longer a child.  I understand where you're coming from.  You are the one marrying the babe and it is you who has to deal with her, not your mother.  All you can do is continue to try to appease  your mother in hopes of winning her heart over.  If the babe you plan to marry is truly as good as you portray her to be then in no time your mother will warm up to her if she's a good mother who wants the best for you.

Good luck mehn.  Again, locking her up will only make matters worse.  It's never pleasant being married to a woman at the disapproval of your mother.  Clashes will continue and peace will never reign.
Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by whitelexi(m): 9:24am On Feb 16, 2010
Dude she can only dictate such things if u r still under her care and living in her house. . .  I feel for u but u dont need the cops for anything, your mum is still your mum, u can only fight for your love if its worth keeping!
Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by coolier(f): 10:20am On Feb 16, 2010
I really think you should lock her up, especially on your wedding day! That is every mother's day of joy isn't it? And what better place to spend it than the police cell!  Now that 'am seriously thinking about it, the Police alone cannot do the work. Go all the way, include the whole Armed forces, Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps to block all access, just to make assurances doubly sure!. That way you would prove your power and prowess to all and sundry. And when your in-laws and other guests ask for your dear mother, you can always brag to them and say I locked her up in a police cell somewhere because she did not approve of my marriage! Who the hell are you? angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by daduke2k(m): 10:27am On Feb 16, 2010
uohhhhfffff take easy gurl, we ar not fighting here
Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by Kelvinj(m): 10:34am On Feb 16, 2010
coolier:

I really think you should lock her up, especially on your wedding day! That is every mother's day of joy isn't it? And what better place to spend it than the police cell!  Now that 'am seriously thinking about it, the Police alone cannot do the work. Go all the way, include the whole Armed forces, Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps to block all access, just to make assurances doubly sure!. That way you would prove your power and prowess to all and sundry. And when your in-laws and other guests ask for your dear mother, you can always brag to them and say I locked her up in a police cell somewhere because she did not approve of my marriage! Who the hell are you?  angry  angry

lmao, he's shaka zulu
@poster
Just call d FBI
Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Feb 16, 2010
coolier:

I really think you should lock her up, especially on your wedding day! That is every mother's day of joy isn't it? And what better place to spend it than the police cell! Now that 'am seriously thinking about it, the Police alone cannot do the work. Go all the way, include the whole Armed forces, Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps to block all access, just to make assurances doubly sure!. That way you would prove your power and prowess to all and sundry. And when your in-laws and other guests ask for your dear mother, you can always brag to them and say I locked her up in a police cell somewhere because she did not approve of my marriage! Who the hell are you? angry angry

the poster is under the influence of drugs quite obviously.
Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Feb 16, 2010
lion phil:

Please i need your candid advise on this.
I happen 2 b in love with a girl who happens to be an igbo girl but from a different state. I also happen to be igbo. My mum has promised to let all hell lose if i try to marry anyone that is not from my village. Pls i need your candid advise on what to do whenever i am ready for my traditional wedding or Introduction. I intend to have policemen around who on sighting her would take her away from the venue till the show is over. I have pleaded and talked to her but she wouldn't bulge (she doesn't know the girl and is not interested in knowing the girl). She happens to be my only obstacle. I believe a parent should pray for a good wife for her child and not for some girl from the same village good or not. Pls advise me
mr Lion she your mom for hell sake. how can you lock her down grin grin grin grin I think you should play some sort of drama. tell
her things like "if I don't marry a girl of my choice I will never ever get married infact I will turn gay" sound shallow but you may
never know it may work.
Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by lionphil(m): 8:32am On Feb 17, 2010
Didnt actually mean putting her in a cell but takin her away from d scene till d show is ova.
Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by lionphil(m): 8:35am On Feb 17, 2010
Mayb i'll just try 2 mislead her dat day
Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by lionphil(m): 8:42am On Feb 17, 2010
@ coolier i feel ur pain but u dont feel mine. I need ur advice just incase she doesnt believe d gay story and all dat.
Coolier no b fight ooo. If u go force ur own pikin marry person wey him no like na ur head u dey take play oo
Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by jumie(f): 10:14am On Feb 17, 2010
@Poster,

You need to sit your mum down and talk to her. Let her see reason with you why you want to marry your fiancee. Also, ask her why she is against your marrying from any other village asides yours.

Don't marry, without your mothers blessings o!!

All da best!
Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Feb 17, 2010
lion phil:

Didnt actually mean putting her in a cell but takin her away from d scene till d show is ova.
but how can she missed your wedding yaa? cheesy try to do something.
Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by snowdrops(m): 5:06pm On Feb 17, 2010
coolier:

I really think you should lock her up, especially on your wedding day! That is every mother's day of joy isn't it? And what better place to spend it than the police cell! Now that 'am seriously thinking about it, the Police alone cannot do the work. Go all the way, include the whole Armed forces, Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps to block all access, just to make assurances doubly sure!. That way you would prove your power and prowess to all and sundry. And when your in-laws and other guests ask for your dear mother, you can always brag to them and say I locked her up in a police cell somewhere because she did not approve of my marriage! Who the hell are you? angry angry

ROFLMAO
Make the guy kuku call taliban for him mama sef.
Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by r231(m): 5:28pm On Feb 17, 2010
lion phil:

are you serious
take your MOTHER away from you wedding till its over
and you pray to have kids from dat marriage too one day
good
Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by snowdrops(m): 5:32pm On Feb 17, 2010
@ poster

Guy calm down. Thank God you sought advice before going ahead with your intention.
Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by Sakida(f): 9:05am On Feb 18, 2010
So sad my brother, i tink u need 2 take ur problems 2 God
Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by Seun(m): 9:54am On Feb 18, 2010
If all else fails, then police protection during the ceremony to protect your new family is prudent.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by sexyLeamon(f): 9:59am On Feb 18, 2010
this is like a nollywood movie grin lion king you don't mean dat do u? grin grin
Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:25pm On Feb 18, 2010
[size=13pt]This is serious. . . well, i think you should be very careful with your mum because she must be aiming a certain point, my advice is you create a cool time to chat with her but try and do this in the right time when she's in good mode. Make her understand your deep feelings toward your wife to be . Make her understand its your choice and nodody can change it and along side make her realise thing of the days of her engagement how nobody made the choice of husband for her. . . .

Secondly, share this issue with your mum closest friends in town  and familly members to break up her mind towards your up-building relationship, send people to speak on your behalf. i think she would have change of mind in your favour  very soon. wink
[/size]
Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by Shinatu: 1:04pm On Feb 18, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]This is serious. . . well, i think you should be very careful with your mum because she must be aiming a certain point, my advice is you create a cool time to chat with her but try and do this in the right time when she's in good mode. Make her understand your deep feelings toward your wife to be . Make her understand its your choice and nodody can change it and along side make her realise thing of the days of her engagement how nobody made the choice of husband for her. . . .
Secondly, share this issue with your mum closest friends in town  and familly members to break up her mind towards your up-building relationship, send people to speak on your behalf. i think she would have change of mind in your favour  very soon. wink
[/size]

How do you know nobody made the choice for her?

@Poster
I think you should let her meet the girl you want to marry, she may come to realise that her fears are unnecessary
Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by pawa4ul: 2:02pm On Feb 18, 2010
Mr Lion, Cheetah or whatever you call yourself, I never knew you are so weak that you will still have your mother who is just human and weaker than a lion in stregth to stop you from having the prey of your life. What are you waiting for? Are the jungle grasses so low as to let your mum see you when you want to display your prowess to kill your own mum? This is a woman that has always wanted the best for you from cradle for the past number of years and you are talking of locking her up on her supposed day of fulfilment just because of a girl you have really hardly known. Go ahead and ruin your long standing relationship for one that just started with a stranger. Dude, grow up and open your eyes.
One thing I want you to realise is that she does not hate your girl. She only doesn't want her son to marry who she is not sure of (based on the strong love and motherly affection she has for you). Boy, just relax, your mum might be saving you from some danger ahead. Sit her down early in the morning and try to hear why she is bent on you marrying a sure background, and possibly make her to form an affinity with your girl if you insist. She might be doing this based on her experiences in life. (She is your senior remember!)
Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by pawa4ul: 2:05pm On Feb 18, 2010
pawa4ul:

Mr Lion, Cheetah or whatever you call yourself, I never knew you are so weak that you will still have your mother who is just human and weaker than a lion in stregth to stop you from having the prey of your life. What are you waiting for? Are the jungle grasses so low as to let your mum see you when you want to display your prowess to kill your own mum? This is a woman that has always wanted the best for you from cradle for the past number of years and you are talking of locking her up on her supposed day of fulfilment just because of a girl you have really hardly known. Go ahead and ruin your long standing relationship for one that just started with a stranger. Dude, grow up and open your eyes.
One thing I want you to realise is that she does not hate your girl. She only doesn't want her son to marry who she is not sure of (based on the strong love and motherly affection she has for you). Boy, just relax, your mum might be saving you from some danger ahead. Sit her down early in the morning and try to hear why she is bent on you marrying a sure background, and possibly make her to form an affinity with your girl if you insist. She might be doing this based on her experiences in life. (She is your senior remember!)

Is it not written that 'A son should receive his parents blessings when getting Married.' Will she give it to you from the Ploice nets?
Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by Zotse: 3:37pm On Feb 18, 2010
I don't think that the poster is saying it all. It takes a lot for someone to say that they will stop their mother from coming to their wedding. I think she should be allowed to come like nothing is wrong but watch her carefully. Some mothers can go rambo on a person. How do you know how she plans to protest the wedding. Maybe she wants to strip herself naked or maybe she is diabolic and he does not want to lose face with his in laws. I say let her come o but watch her carefully if you think she might be disruptive. I don't know why parents still do this sort of thing. She has already lost her sons respect. Who does she think will lose out in the end. I pray everything works out

1 Like

Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by Nobody: 3:49am On Feb 19, 2010
the way you treat your mother is the way you'll treat your wife, imo.

use police on your mother now and you'll be quite comfortable using soldiers on your wife later.

lipsrsealed

regardless how bad her (your mother's) attitude might be.

1 Like

Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:12pm On Feb 22, 2010
[size=13pt]Shinatu what i mean is thats he should make her mother realise during her time to chose life partner nobody disturb her from getting the man of her choice . . . . wink[/size]
Shinatu:

How do you know nobody made the choice for her?

@Poster
I think you should let her meet the girl you want to marry, she may come to realise that her fears are unnecessary

Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by Rene1(m): 2:16pm On Feb 22, 2010
Really?
Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:50pm On Feb 22, 2010
[size=13pt]Rene1 this is serious. . . . what do you think or know you can help to contribute to bring out the solution to this friends issue. . .*[/size]
Re: Should I Lock Up My Mum Or What? by flightz(f): 3:59am On Oct 03, 2015
Its 5years after, how far?

(1) (Reply)

Help! I'm At Crossroads. / MYMY Toothpaste Causes Sore Throat? / Six Signs Your Husband Can't Live Without You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.