Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,878 members, 7,828,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Meet The 4 African-american Actors Who Acted As African Leaders - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Meet The 4 African-american Actors Who Acted As African Leaders (512 Views)

4 African Talented Players Who Could Seek Transfer This Season / Charity Football Match By Actors Guild Of Nigeria (Photos) / Can You Name The 4 Wrestling Legends In These Pictures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Meet The 4 African-american Actors Who Acted As African Leaders by Theincredible: 11:24am On Aug 15, 2017
One thing I love about the African American community is that most of them never forget that their roots are African and the proof is shown in the culture, clothing and manners. These African American actors are not left out of the picture

1 Forrest Whitaker

The chubby, adorable and lovable actor who featured in movies like ‘Diary of A Hitman’, ‘The Enemies Within’ also acted as the feared Ugandan maximum ruler, Field Marshall Idi Amin Dada in the movie Last King of Scotland showing how a country should not be ruled especially by a dictator.

2 Danny Glover

The veteran actor who has acted in many movies and most popular are the Lethal Weapon franchise, Predator 2 and 2012 where he played the role of the President of The United States of America. Danny Glover was the first African American actor to play the role of late South African sage Dr. Nelson Mandela in the 1987 movie ‘Mandela’

3 Morgan Freeman

The veteran actor of the hit movies, ‘Lean On Me’ , ‘Evan Almighty, ‘The Shaw Shank Redemption and ‘Now You See Me’ acted as Nelson Mandela in the movie ‘Invictus’ directed by Clint Eastwood

4 Denzel Washington

Washington had already acted in Spike Lee’s movie ‘Malcom X’ where he portrayed America’s most fiery orator of all times, Malcolm X. This time he represented where his ancestors were from as he acted the role of outspoken South African activist, Bantu Steven Biko in the movie ‘Cry Freedom’ a role he fitted in nicely and took so well

I am so glad that these African American actors though far away still keep in touch with home. Do you think these men are deeply connected to their roots or are they just doing what they are paid for?

Source:theincrediblecom.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles Players Are Nigerians & Not "Biafrans" / FIFA Ranking: Eagles Drop 6 Places In The World But Move 1 Place In Africa / A Review Of Chelsea's Champions League Key Stats So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.