Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Help, I Am Being Scammed By A Lawyer - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help, I Am Being Scammed By A Lawyer (618 Views)

A Taxi Driver Saved An Elderly Woman From Being Scammed Out Of $25,000 In US / 10 Ways To Avoid Being Scammed By ‘yahoo Boys’ / Man In Tears After Being Scammed At Computer Village. Vid & Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, I Am Being Scammed By A Lawyer by Kashbwoyjnr: 12:24pm On Aug 15, 2017
In 2015 ,I was doing well in my business until bad people I called friends pulled me down. I do import decoration materials from China I have been in the business for 3 years and have been buying from one company in China. After a while the company started giving me goods on credit, after selling I will send the money and the send another goods to me which I also introduced customers to them in Nigeria whom have been buying from them also.
Early 2015 one of the customers owed them $30000 and they refused to release papers of the goods even when the container is already in Nigeria and attracting fees.They guy owing them came to me because I was also the company representative in Nigeria he begged me to tell the company he will pay up after selling the goods, I agreed.
I talked to the company they agreed and also told me to get a lawyer which I did and they lawyer was paid $2000 to write agreement that the said guy will pay so so money on this date.. The guy started paying the money and stopped at $8,000 which he have never paid until now and stopped buying goods from the company and was buying from other companies. The company never said anything about the money when the lawyer failed to get the money.
Ending 2015 ,another guy owe the company $37,000
Like the same previous case the lawyer collected money and wrote an agreement.when the guy failed to pay I started paying the money thinking the lawyer will help me get it back.
After paying $37,000 to the company ,time came For me to pay for my own goods, I couldn't which made the company started thinking I was working with the lawyer to dupe them.

They company stopped giving me goods which made my company started falling, all my staffs resigned when I couldn't pay there salaries, I barely eat 3 times a day now.
I have been going to the two guys since then and the have been giving different excuses..

This year January I got an information that this two guys have been importing since then.

I went to the lawyer and told him I want my money or he tell the two guys to give me goods worth the same amount the are owing me he told me I will have to pay him before he can take any action which he knows I can't afford 1kobo to pay him.Since January this lawyer have not done anything and still requesting for money, I have asked him the money I paid while writing the agreement nko .

I have seeked advice and some of my friends said I should involve efcc because the lawyer and the Two guys are trying to scam me.

I need advice from you guys, nairalanders
Re: Help, I Am Being Scammed By A Lawyer by Kashbwoyjnr: 12:25pm On Aug 15, 2017
Seun, Lalasticlala, Mynd44 please help
Re: Help, I Am Being Scammed By A Lawyer by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 15, 2017
Report the Lawyer to the Police then get another Lawyer to help you sue that thief Lawyer
Re: Help, I Am Being Scammed By A Lawyer by dhantey324(m): 12:42pm On Aug 15, 2017
You can locate the nearest NBA office in local government where the chambers is located and make a report. The issue will be dealt with .
Re: Help, I Am Being Scammed By A Lawyer by Penalty82(m): 12:55pm On Aug 15, 2017
Proverbs 17:13 Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house.

1 Like

Re: Help, I Am Being Scammed By A Lawyer by Seguntimmy(m): 1:01pm On Aug 15, 2017
Contact the NBA
Re: Help, I Am Being Scammed By A Lawyer by muller101(m): 1:01pm On Aug 15, 2017
Better remain a lone ranger than allow yourself to be pulled down by friends.

2 Likes

Re: Help, I Am Being Scammed By A Lawyer by yomi007k(m): 1:33pm On Aug 15, 2017
muller101:
Better remain a lone ranger than allow yourself to be pulled down by friends.

I am telling u....one has to be wise in this world and learn to say NO if not even ur own family is ready to pull u down.
Re: Help, I Am Being Scammed By A Lawyer by Kashbwoyjnr: 1:44pm On Aug 15, 2017
Seguntimmy:
Contact the NBA
Do you know how I can do that?
Re: Help, I Am Being Scammed By A Lawyer by Amaso99(m): 4:05pm On Aug 15, 2017
I'm very sure the guys that refuse to pay back your money are from the East! Greedy people, that is their own definition of being smart.
Re: Help, I Am Being Scammed By A Lawyer by bonddemibi: 12:32pm On Aug 30, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34GfXI0nAAk

FAST SELLING PRODUCT IN NIGERIA THAT YOU CAN IMPORT FROM CHINA

(1) (Reply)

Four Nigerian Police Officers Arrested And Kept Under Custody Over Extortion / HIV Positive Man Caught Defiling 11-year-old Daughter / Graphic Photos: Imo Landlord And Five Children Kill Tenant Two Days To Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.